Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen at Walmart

forum rss feed
Author

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Apr 06, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last week I heard "I Want To Break Free" at the Walmart (a first time for hearing a Queen song there).

A couple of days ago I heard "We Are The Champions" at K-Mart. I have never heard a Queen song while shopping - ever. I hardly ever notice the music playing while I shop. Except for one time when I was at a craft store and I heard a Chris Isaak song which I thought was really cool and it made me go out and buy the album.

Last night I was flipping channels and landed on a DirecTV (satelite) station that was not in use. However, they had music playing and it was "39", which I have never heard played in the USA (except at a Queen concert). The song was not identified in any way.

These were all the official Queen records I heard - no elevator instrumentals.

I also saw footage of Freddie singing on a commercial for a local radio station a couple of days ago. Shock! That was a first also.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 06, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, depends on the store, but a lot of times you can choose your personal favorite music and put it in a store/s cd system, which can be like a six disk (depending on the store), I know if it's a six disk, it'll rotate so it plays a different artist everytime.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
mayniac316 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1291 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 06, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where are you guys at that you're hearing all this Queen music? They never ever play Queen where I live... it's all that rap crap and latino music, cause you can't go anywhere in our town without running into someone that only speaks spanish. they even have commercials in spanish at wal-mart over the loudspeaker.

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 02 May 06, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13 wrote:

Last week I heard "I Want To Break Free" at the Walmart (a first time for hearing a Queen song there).

A couple of days ago I heard "We Are The Champions" at K-Mart. I have never heard a Queen song while shopping - ever. I hardly ever notice the music playing while I shop. Except for one time when I was at a craft store and I heard a Chris Isaak song which I thought was really cool and it made me go out and buy the album.

Last night I was flipping channels and landed on a DirecTV (satelite) station that was not in use. However, they had music playing and it was "39", which I have never heard played in the USA (except at a Queen concert). The song was not identified in any way.

These were all the official Queen records I heard - no elevator instrumentals.

I also saw footage of Freddie singing on a commercial for a local radio station a couple of days ago. Shock! That was a first also.

If I had heard that, an instant smile would have came over my face :)

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's nothing on Deep tracks on XM radio, Pieter heard them play MOTBQ and FHLI back to back!! I was shocked. Go XM!