forum rss feed
Author

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Apr 06, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://forum.ultimatequeen.com

This is a forum for talking about trading. There will be no downloads to any official or unofficial material.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great!

Nice work, Pieter! :-)

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 06, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

http://forum.ultimatequeen.com

This is a forum for talking about trading. There will be no downloads to any official or unofficial material.

So what's the point then? People can talk about trading here too.

PieterMC

Posted: 28 Apr 06, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The point is to have an entire forum dedicated to trading that is not filled by beggers and leachers.

Posted: 28 Apr 06, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

The point is to have an entire forum dedicated to trading that is not filled by beggers and leachers.

:-).

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 06, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mission impossible... But good luck! :)

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 06, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good luck Pieter

There is no reason for leechers or beggars to come to the trading site. They have nothing to gain by visiting.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 06, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did they delete your thread over at QOL, Pieter? Can't see it anywhere.

PieterMC

Posted: 29 Apr 06, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes it was deleted :-)

Posted: 29 Apr 06, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

The name calling is a bit uncalled for, don't you think?

PieterMC

Posted: 29 Apr 06, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Frankly no. There are a huge number of beggers and leachers on this site.

You appear to be the only person that has a problem with the site.

If you don't like it nobody is forcing you to use it.

Posted: 30 Apr 06, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Calm down there Charlie, let's take the assumptions down a level or two. I never said I had "a problem" with that site, I just wasn't sure of the need for it.

and if I can be frank for a minute, your use of "begger" makes you sound like a snob.

luthorn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 609 posts

Posted: 01 May 06, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I built my bootleg collection on this site. I don't see anything wrong with 'begging or leeching'. How else can I build a bootleg collection? Trade my body?

Posted: 01 May 06, 04:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Allred wrote:

PieterMC wrote:

Calm down there Charlie, let's take the assumptions down a level or two. I never said I had "a problem" with that site, I just wasn't sure of the need for it.

and if I can be frank for a minute, your use of "begger" makes you sound like a snob.

Actually, Pieter is bloody right. I've shared some things in the past (like the Houston 1977 audio) and still many people complain. We always get the same damn questions.

Also, many people are begging for rare stuff, like Drammen or Yamaguchi. Why? There are at least 15 recordings of the Hot Space tour with similiar or even better quality. Why people want Drammen so badly? Because of its rareness or for listening to it? Sure you can have it, but start trading yourself! The same goes for Yamaguchi, it's only rare, because few people have it. I guess it's just a regular show.

Once people request something and they eventually get it in any format (mp3 or FLAC, through Rapidshare or torrents), they still want more, more and more...Maybe be happy with what you get and think a little more before complaining?

That's why Pieter started this site. It's for traders only, traders with patience. It's keeps trading interesting. Trading is fun, let's keep it that way. People who don't agree, fine, stay here. Nobody forces you to go the traders-forum.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 01 May 06, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here we go again..
Nothing is wrong about downloading here on Queenzone, luthorn. I think we all downloaded concerts and recordings here and it's great that so much is shared. Unfortunately, many people post without thinking, so the Sharing Forum is full of ridiculous requests, moaning and complaining. The hard core of sharers is driven away by the endless bitching and fighting about format, official and non official material and useless requests for unavailable recordings.

My personal regret is that shared files are never discussed. It's very rare that someone downloads a concerts and says something nice about the recording as a thank you. I think that would contribute so much more to a nice forum than an endless row of "thank you" posts plus the inevitable "can you please send me this in an email" request. But I am an optimist and I know for a fact that many many people started their collection right here on Queenzone - too bad that some of them come back after a while to tell us how crappy the website is. But most people are very happy with what they get, even though they cannot post because of language barriers.

Pieter has every right to make his forum different and I think it's probably a very useful forum. I registered and I don't have a problem being a member of both forums. I hope that it does not make me a snob being on Pieter's forum and it does not make me a beggar and leech being on Queenzone.

I do not want any google ads here.

Posted: 01 May 06, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually, Pieter is bloody right. I've shared some things in the past (like the Houston 1977 audio) and still many people complain. We always get the same damn questions.[/quote]

People complain, it's human nature however I think some people define "complain" a little differently.

[quote]
Also, many people are begging for rare stuff, like Drammen or Yamaguchi. Why?
[/quote]

Is it "begging" or asking? Do you seriously have to ask why someone would like to hear a rare recording?

[quote]
There are at least 15 recordings of the Hot Space tour with similiar or even better quality. Why people want Drammen so badly? Because of its rareness or for listening to it? Sure you can have it, but start trading yourself!
[/quote]

Some people don't have these huge collections that you or others on this site apparently do. Others may have stuff but it's very common stuff. Others may be on dial-up and it takes forever and a day to upload music. There are a variety of reasons for these things.

If some folks are too damn snobby or elite and don't wish to help the unwashed masses, then just say so. Horde the stuff for yourself.

I personally have asked for a handful of MP3s on this site (like 10 or so songs) the entire time I've ever been online and I've always been thankful and appreciative to those who were kind enough to help out. Granted, everyone might not behave in the same way but just throwing out general, blanket terms like "beggers" and "leaches" speaks very poorly of your character.

[quote]
Once people request something and they eventually get it in any format (mp3 or FLAC, through Rapidshare or torrents), they still want more, more and more...Maybe be happy with what you get and think a little more before complaining?[/quote]

Again, I must ask how you and Pieter define "complaining."

Is it really such a sin that someone would ask for certain things?

ibanez122 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 01 May 06, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Again, I must ask how you and Pieter define "complaining."

Is it really such a sin that someone would ask for certain things?"

Because the people asking have it easy. They are not wasting their time and money to get what they need.

Im not saying sharings bad - but when people are asking and asking for things and they have nothing in return. I understand alot of people dont trade, but people can only give so much of their collection

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 01 May 06, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like the site but I dont really understand why you need to 'trade' them.

And what does 'lossless' mean?

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
PieterMC

Posted: 01 May 06, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Again, I must ask how you and Pieter define "complaining."

How about people bitching about the quality of stuff that they downloaded for free??? People complaining that a certain concert is not available. I have seeded many different things on here and you can see people dropping like flies from the torrent once they have it completed. There are many wonderful people who share on here but there are countless leachers who probably never even post on the board. If you can't see it you must be looking at different forum.

Trust me I am in no way elitist and have nothing worth hording. Just tired of wasting my bandwidth when many others are not willing to do the same.

Queen Of Wrestling<h6>Jamie's Louvre wrote:

I like the site but I dont really understand why you need to 'trade' them.

And what does 'lossless' mean?

QOW - many people prefer to actually trade recordings that wait for them to appear for download. People have been doing this for a loooooong time. Not everybody has the ability to download large amounts of audio and video. It can simply be too time consuming and costly.

Loessless is typically a recording that does not come from mp3s, for example flac.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 01 May 06, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Allred wrote:

I personally have asked for a handful of MP3s on this site (like 10 or so songs) the entire time I've ever been online and I've always been thankful and appreciative to those who were kind enough to help out. Granted, everyone might not behave in the same way but just throwing out general, blanket terms like "beggers" and "leaches" speaks very poorly of your character.

Pieter never called YOU a leecher. What he is saying is true. When we have shared stuff, and there are dozens of people that download and very few that will actually seed. What is the big deal about having a forum for trading without downloads? It's not like Pieter said..FUCK Queenzone, come here! :-P

Btw..you know shit about Pieter's character, so back off, turd.