Forums > Queen - General Discussion > true Queen fans

forum rss feed
Author

mercurymay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 May 06, 00:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

True Queen fans share positive info on their favorite band and support their old and new songs,concerts, and anything else related to Queen.It makes me sick to see some people who claim to like or love Queen condemn them for their beliefs,choices that tey made for their careers or lives.
I personally love Queen. Their music was and is still great, loads of talent, good looking and very smart.Freddie's wonderful vocal range, all their awesome writing and musical abilites,Paul's great voice, Brian's totally awesome guitar playing [he makes aguitar sing], and all their other amazing talent.

Susanne Flint
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what does paul have to do with queen?

Kensington Love user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 789 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mercurymay wrote:

True Queen fans share positive info on their favorite band and support their old and new songs,concerts, and anything else related to Queen.It makes me sick to see some people who claim to like or love Queen condemn them for their beliefs,choices that tey made for their careers or lives.
I personally love Queen. Their music was and is still great, loads of talent, good looking and very smart.Freddie's wonderful vocal range, all their awesome writing and musical abilites,Paul's great voice, Brian's totally awesome guitar playing [he makes aguitar sing], and all their other amazing talent.

Very nicely said;)
I agree- Brian DOES make a guitar sing! He's truly amazing!;)

Hello from Rai;)

"Im not afraid to speak out and say the things I want and do the things I want,so um,I think in the end that being natural and actually genuine is what wins."-FM

R
biggest_fan_K user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 02:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

what does paul have to do with queen?

yeah?

Queenfred user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenfred
Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One might add that Paul 'rogers' Queen, ha ha ha ha ha.
Damn I'm funny

Gentleman, you can't fight in here - this is The War Room!
DeeEmm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a Queen fan, sure. Definitely not one of those people who's only heard Greatest Hit albums. But my definition of Queen is something that includes Freddie Mercury - Queen died when Freddie Mercury did. Made in Heaven was their last album. Anything else after that is not Queen, it's merely 75% or even 50% Queen. I consider No-One But You the last Queen song recorded. Anything that Brian May and Roger Taylor records with Paul Rodgers is most definitely not Queen - Paul Rodgers has NOTHING to do with Queen. In fact, I'm not exactly supportive of their decision to tour again. It's a mixed bag, really.

But touring is where I draw the line. Of course old fans would love to see Queen rock it on stage again even if it doesn't include Freddie Mercury and that's acceptable because Brian May and Roger Taylor can hold the stage decentlyish by themselves, but a studio album, if it comes out, is going WAY too far. They might as well rename themselves, or form a new band with Paul Rodgers - no need to slander the good name of Queen.

A few years ago Brian May and Roger Taylor recorded a rap version of We Will Rock You with a boy band. That's just going way too far.

Just my $0.02.

Queen rocks!
Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a true fan and they can do wheatever they want, i really don't care, i enjoy the music, yes freddie is dead, what can i do? nothin, if they are touring for the money, that's ok, it's their music, if they chose paul rodgers as a singer, that's ok.

As i've said before, I can push play to my old cds and listen again their albums, for me that's the best.

And as a true fan, i support the idea of an album, like millions of fans suppor the idea of ACDC tourin with a new singer back in the late 70's, like tons of bands, but well...

Loser in the end!!!
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a true Queen fan. I would do anything to meet them again. Brian, Freddie and Roger are my idols! I know i'm missing out John but he isn't what I call my idol. I just respect him alot and he is just as important as the rest in the band.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being fan of a band's music is different from being fan of two ex-band members's immoral decisions.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

Posted: 03 May 06, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Being fan of a band's music is different from being fan of two ex-band members's immoral decisions.

I want to meet ALL of them, not just Brian and Roger. But the fact that they are the most likely ones I would/could meet then yes I would love to meet Brian and Roger again.

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not a true Queen fan...apparently..

FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I feel like I´m having a double moral... I think its wrong, that they amke a new cd, but i still love them...

O_o
FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

Sebastian wrote:

I want to meet ALL of them, not just Brian and Roger. But the fact that they are the most likely ones I would/could meet then yes I would love to meet Brian and Roger again.

again???

O_o
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Ditto. Except word "two" ;)

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right, OK. If we like Queen, we are true Queen fans. Whether we like Queen + Paul Rodgers is irrelevant to that. Can we drop this now? Or we'll just get BPP and his cronies moaning on about 'Paul is not Freddie and therefore deserves to die blahblahblahblah'
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

This can't end well.

Posted: 03 May 06, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreMe wrote:

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

Sebastian wrote:

again???

Yep, again. :-)

Bono Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im a Queen fan have all there albums 13 of there videos 8 dvds 4 t-shirts 26 posters on my bedroom wall have a few books some fanclub mags 3 photos of Freddie Mercury all of Roger,s solo albums Brian solo albums and Freddie solo albums and saw Queen and Paul Rodgers in Dublin last year so ther you have it.

And All I Can Do Is Surrender.
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mercurymay wrote:

Who are you to decide what a true Queen fan is like?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

monty-- user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By agreeing to everything they do doesn't make you a true fan. It makes you blinded by them. Brainwashed, even.

Canadian May Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts

Posted: 03 May 06, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DeeEmm wrote:

My definition of Queen is something that includes Freddie Mercury - Queen died when Freddie Mercury did. Made in Heaven was their last album. Anything else after that is not Queen, it's merely 75% or even 50% Queen. I consider No-One But You the last Queen song recorded.

You've just contradicted yourself, since No-One But You wasn't recorded with Freddie.

"I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I've got to find the will to carry on... The show must go on."