Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Fan Club office closed

forum rss feed
Author

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 06, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I realize its been a fairly useless entity for a number of years, but it still seems sad that they've now been kicked completely out of their building. Surely its days are numbered now? Or perhaps I should say "really really numbered now".

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 05 May 06, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not only that but now they will only do 3 magazines a year. I think its over.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 05 May 06, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and Roger have lost interest in FC, I suppose.

Posted: 05 May 06, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Not only that but now they will only do 3 magazines a year. I think its over.

I think you're right.

PieterMC

Posted: 05 May 06, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that I am not going to pay $30 a year for three magazines. It's simply too expensive.

Peta user not visiting Queenzone.com
Peta
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 05 May 06, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

I know that I am not going to pay $30 a year for three magazines. It's simply too expensive.

Three magazines a year were published last years too. Autumn/Winter was one issue.

04.10.08 - Hannover, 05.10.08 - Hamburg, 28.10.08 Budapest, 31.10.08 Prague, 1.11.08 Wien
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 05 May 06, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so like that officail fan club office in london is closing????

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1

Posted: 05 May 06, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenworld.com/artman/publish/article_375.shtml

"Sadly we now find we have to leave our adorable headquarters completely in the next few weeks. We have spent the last couple of months clearing stuff, taking everything down, packing boxes, getting rid of anything we don't need and now panicking about where we will put it all in the future. We're NOT closing the fan club down, just the office. I will continue to run it all from a home office, which sadly means there will be nowhere for you to visit, and we have to have a dreaded P.O.Box number. We will still have a phone though, so you can still call for a chat or to renew or join up."

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 05 May 06, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh well there goes one thing off my list of things to see in london.
damn i really wanted to see what they had in there!
:-(

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 05 May 06, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

64.396 wrote:

oh well there goes one thing off my list of things to see in london.
damn i really wanted to see what they had in there!
:-(

Me too....:(

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 05 May 06, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everything must pass!

Take care

TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 05 May 06, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Things haven`t gone so very well for the FC the last years, this doesn`t do anything better. Only THREE magazines a year and I thought four was a little number. This is just sad.

Martin Stones user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 05 May 06, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol queen died years ago is this really a surprise? idiots................

newcastle 86!
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 06 May 06, 01:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Martin Stones wrote:

¬.¬

TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 06 May 06, 04:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because of financial reasons they can not stay there anymore...(thats what I heard)

Imagine: the fanclub has been around for decades, Jacky has run it for more than 20 years ... and now this piece of history is dissapearing....

All these years, Jacky was there (on the phone in the evening in the old days) or at the Queen fanclub itself...

I am so dissapointed that there is no help (financially) from Queen Productions, Brian and/or Roger. Why are they letting Jacky down?

The fact that the fanclub is maybe not part of Queen productions, don't you guys think that the members of Queen and their management should help out, and that at least they owe it to Jacky for ???

If you agree feel free to send an email to Brian (as I did): brians.soapbox@clara.co.uk

Stefan

PS I agree with the pricing of their 3 yearly fanclub magazines, but surely their premises should be saved or their should be a fanclub premises somewhere else.

PS I know due to the internet the fanclub has been made a bit redundant, but on the other hand Jacky has always put 100% of her time and energy into the Queen fanclub , and the members of Queen and their management should back her up some more!

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 06 May 06, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not a fan club member but I agree that the band should support the fan club. To abandon it in favour of a purely commercial outlet (Queenonline)is not in the interest of the fans. QOL only ever sends us emails to buy this and that - they are not a fan website.

Since Queen do exist and tour they should have the money to fund the fan club - it's the least they can do.

I do not want any google ads here.

Posted: 06 May 06, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Martin Stones wrote:

Oh God ... my eye muscles are aching I rolled them so hard. Ouch.

Thanks for the insight, by the way. That was just brilliant. You've really put us in our place.

PieterMC

Posted: 06 May 06, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

I am not a fan club member but I agree that the band should support the fan club. To abandon it in favour of a purely commercial outlet (Queenonline)is not in the interest of the fans. QOL only ever sends us emails to buy this and that - they are not a fan website.

Since Queen do exist and tour they should have the money to fund the fan club - it's the least they can do.

I feel like they are basically letting the fanclub die so that they can start up a record company run fanclub.

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 07 May 06, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jacky has done a good job of keeping the FC going. I get the distinct impression that a fan club run by a record company would be quite heartless and sterile, and I can't begin to imagine why the band would prefer to let the FC fall into the hands of a record company that doesn't even seem able to promote the band in an effective, professional manner, but that's just my wacky logic.

People unload on Jacky because she's the one who is easily reachable. Jacky is NOT the one who scheduled gigs on the week of the already scheduled annual FC convention in 2005, but Jacky is the one who took the heat for it. She is forced to work within limitations that she doesn't necessarily control, and that can't be easy.

If it were up to Jacky, EVERYONE in the FC who wanted to go to the Brixton show would have been in. EVERYONE in the FC would have had a shot at 2005 and 2006 gig tickets, before the radio station presales, etc. And, if it were up to Jacky, she'd have the required support to produce four magazines a year with current, relevant content.

Thank you Jacky for your effort and good work. I appreciate you hanging in there all these years.

Cheers and love.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 07 May 06, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Martin Stones wrote:

Yes, because all the Queen fans died in 1991 too. Idiot.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller