Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Convention - Greg Brooks??

forum rss feed
Author

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 May 06, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anybody back from the convention yet?
Any reports?
Was Greg Brooks there and did he play some 'new' stuff? If so, could anybody give us some details about it.
And if anybody recorded the session - send me a pm please ;-)

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes he played Property of Queen Productions sexy club mix :-D

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

LMAO! xD

Killed by drones.
inmsthebest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 532 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Arggggh!!!
Please, no more nightmares, LMFAO.

God, Amazing powerful musicians""

Posted: 08 May 06, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOTFLOL!!!

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh the hilarity of imbeciles whose most insightful provocative question in the half hour that GB was available to speak publically is "when will you release your dance mix" or "who is that says "property of Queen productions"?"

Numbskulls. And noone asked him who those voices were at the end of of Let me Entertain You.

Roger's Beard user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he played 8 tracks in total:

One Vision - short out-takes
Backchat - short out-takes
don't stop me now - inst
let me entertain you - diff ending
tie your mother down - brian's guide vocals
somebody to love - piano rehearsal
i go crazy - instrumental demo from 1982!!
pain is so close to pleasure - demo

don't ask me for more details than that as this is all I remember!!

xxxpwxxx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Pain Is So Close To Pleasure" demo???!!!! i will not die a happy man until i hear this =(

Baby you've been had......
radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's time queenproductions will release this kind of stuff. Sales will go through the roof...I don't want another version of greatest hits+ some so called "rare" stuff. It really is a missed oppurtunity

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When was the last time anyone released a collection of demos and studio outtakes that sold "through the roof"?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Faron Hyte wrote:

When was the last time anyone released a collection of demos and studio outtakes that sold "through the roof"?

The Beatles Anthology. They sold tens of millions of copies. The first 2-disc set sold 450,000 copies on the first day, which is apparently the record for sales of a cd release in one day.

Queen's wouldn't do as well, but they'd do very well, especially in the UK and Europe.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pain Is So Close to Pleasure demo?? Why didn't anybody say so?? Here my friend...I'm more than happy to share...

http://rapidshare.de/files/19989329/Pain_is_so_close_to_pleasure__demo_.mp3.html

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chefman5150 wrote:

Pain Is So Close to Pleasure demo?? Why didn't anybody say so?? Here my friend...I'm more than happy to share...

First of all - it's not your file, just look in "File info" - there's link to the site where you took it from.

Second - it has nothing to do with demo, it's single remix.

Third - remove the link, it's officially available version.

chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's give it up for Serry, Queenzone police everyone...

First of all...I did look in my file info, and I'll tell you that I got it from this very site, quite a few months ago. It had been up for a few days, with nobody mentioning it's legitimacy as a 'official' track. If it was official, I'd be the last person to put it up here.

Second of all, if it is not a 'demo' or has nothing to do with, my apologies for misleading, as I too was mislead on this one. I'll be the first to say that I'm definetly not one who has heard ALL of Queen's material (and I'm referring to bootlegs, rare tracks, etc.), and neither has the majority. I can safely say that i have all that Hollywood Records has put out, and nowhere is this version present. I also went as far as looking at QUEEN: As It Began written by Jacky Gunn and Jim Jenkins, found the singles discography, and nowhere does it list any sort of remix of 'Pain Is So Close To Pleasure'. I'd go as far as a fan mix, esp. with the so-so sound quality. So again, the only apology I will offer is to anyone who I have mislead with the demo part...again, I too was mislead. Have a nice day everybody...and you won't have to worry about me posting nor sharing anymore material of any kind up here anymore. This has ruined it for me, and I'm sure I'm not the first one it's been ruined for...cheers...

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...

Posted: 09 May 06, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.pcpki.com/cgi-bin/discography.cgi?qs:PAIN+IS+SO+CLOSE+TO+PLEASURE

http://www.pemcom.demon.co.uk/jason/songs/queen/kmagic.htm

http://www.queenvault.com/akom.html

If you don't know something - you need to learn, but not insult someone who knows it. That's not my fault if you don't know about this remix. If you won't post or share on QZ because of me - it's up for you.

All what I asked - remove the link because of rules of QZ, all you did - put all your emotions about me here.

Posted: 09 May 06, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's pretty basic fanknowledge that the single version of PISCTP indeed is a remix...

---

Anyway: that does sound as indeed very interesting material! Any more info would be very much appreciated!

(As is a recording! ;-)

Posted: 09 May 06, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pootle1 wrote:

i go crazy - instrumental demo from 1982!!

This explains that live guitar solo from Hot Space Tour, but now I'm curious about - if that demo was recorded during Hot Space sessions (I Go Crazy on Hot Space, just imagine!) or after them... Funny thing is that I Go Crazy is the only one track from The Works recordings which was copyrighted in 1983 (because of unclear to me reasons)! The rest of them - in 1984.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In an email I was also told that GB told the fans "that the Anita track "Let Me In (Your Heart Again)" had been recorded by Queen for The Works and was better than anything that WAS on The Works..." (thanks to Thanks:)

I am now listening to the song and try to imagine it as a Queen song - I would love to hear that.

I do not want any google ads here.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

I am now listening to the song and try to imagine it as a Queen song - I would love to hear that.

I would listen to it again but my ears could not stand hearing Anita sing again :-)

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chefman5150 wrote:

Let's give it up for Serry, Queenzone police everyone...

First of all...I did look in my file info, and I'll tell you that I got it from this very site, quite a few months ago. It had been up for a few days, with nobody mentioning it's legitimacy as a 'official' track. If it was official, I'd be the last person to put it up here.

Second of all, if it is not a 'demo' or has nothing to do with, my apologies for misleading, as I too was mislead on this one. I'll be the first to say that I'm definetly not one who has heard ALL of Queen's material (and I'm referring to bootlegs, rare tracks, etc.), and neither has the majority. I can safely say that i have all that Hollywood Records has put out, and nowhere is this version present. I also went as far as looking at QUEEN: As It Began written by Jacky Gunn and Jim Jenkins, found the singles discography, and nowhere does it list any sort of remix of 'Pain Is So Close To Pleasure'. I'd go as far as a fan mix, esp. with the so-so sound quality. So again, the only apology I will offer is to anyone who I have mislead with the demo part...again, I too was mislead. Have a nice day everybody...and you won't have to worry about me posting nor sharing anymore material of any kind up here anymore. This has ruined it for me, and I'm sure I'm not the first one it's been ruined for...cheers...

And a hearty goodbye to another oversensitive moron.