Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie and kenny

forum rss feed
Author

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 May 06, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was reading the intimate memoir recently and came across a small part about Freddie's friendship with Kenny Everett.
It appears their friendship broke up over a dispute about drugs around 1980-ish, however the next part puzzled me...

"How newspapers thought that Kenny was one of the last of Freddie's best friends to speak to him before he died, i really wouldn't like to say"

What was meant by this?
And does anyone know more about their relationship? All i know was how they became friends through Kenny being a DJ and promoting Bohemian Rhapsody.
Any detail (if any) would be great - thanks.

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Bambi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 316 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In peter Freestones book kenny was a good friend and comic genious and DJ extrodanaire, its been a while since i read the book,but we know he was not with freddie in the end, and at the present time he's deceased.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doeeyes wrote:

In peter Freestones book kenny was a good friend and comic genious and DJ extrodanaire, its been a while since i read the book,but we know he was not with freddie in the end, and at the present time he's deceased.

Yes, but that's not the point,

He wants to know why the newspapers thought Kenny was one of the last to see Freddie, since there WAS a reason why the newspapers thought that..

Read.

"How newspapers thought that Kenny was one of the last of Freddie's best friends to speak to him before he died, (((i really wouldn't like to say)))"

So there was a reason, but Peter didn't wanna discuss it.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 08 May 06, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ravenetta <h6> the QZ hippy</h6> wrote:

i like the clip of kenny and fred when freddie jumps on kenny on magic years

Yeah, I have that! He has a beer can and sprays it at Freddie's face before Freddie jumps on him and they both fall to the ground. Sexy.... :P

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 02:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

i like the clip of kenny and fred when freddie jumps on kenny on magic years

Yeah, I have that! He has a beer can and sprays it at Freddie's face before Freddie jumps on him and they both fall to the ground. Sexy.... :P

and hilarious! XD

LOL yea!

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
luthorn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 609 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was a documentary when "Freddie met Kenny" (or vice versa). It seems they were very good friends, perhaps lovers, but i don't remember details since it's been a while since I watched it.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know if they were lovers, but I think it's absurd that many people (I'm not saying you're one of those many) assume two men are lovers just because they're both gay. It's the same as Fred and Phoebe, or Fred and Elton, etc.

Speaking of Fred's rumoured lovers, there's absobloodylutely no way Jacko would have slept with Freddie btw: Freddie was over 10 when they met!

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

I don't know if they were lovers, but I think it's absurd that many people (I'm not saying you're one of those many) assume two men are lovers just because they're both gay. It's the same as Fred and Phoebe, or Fred and Elton, etc.

I was under the impression the Peter Freestone is straight...I liked his book, but that line kinda puzzled me too, I wondered what he ment!

luthorn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 609 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Documentary stated that Freddie helped Kenny deal with his sexuality and being comfortable about it. One thing for sure, it said that these guys did party a lot, and most people who did the partying are pretty much dead now.