Author

rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 May 06, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From the News pages today (Tuesday, May 9th, 2006):

"Exclusive News From The Queen Fan Club Convention

During his question and answer session at the Queen Fan Club Convention, The brilliant Greg Brooks, Queen's official Archivist confirmed the green light has been given for a 10 CD box set of ALL of Queen's Worldwide single release's, the set will include every single released by the band plus every B-Side, Remix, Exteneded Version etc and will be released this year at Christmas.
Great News, I can't wait.
Submitted by: Lee Watkins"

Hmm...first, "release's" should not be a possessive. Otherwise, I'm curious which of "every single released" will get overlooked, forgotten, or otherwise left off. Ten CDs is a lot. At 80 minutes per CD, that's 800 minutes worth of music. Are they planning to include every individual edit and single version? There are, what, four "Flick Of The Wrist"s? What about promo singles, or are they just issuing the mass-market public releases?

Be nice to finally get the Elektra "Liar" edit remastered!

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Unger (QueenVault.com)
Bohemian: 347 posts

Posted: 09 May 06, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's about time... this should be a nice warmup to the anthology. The nice thing is, this lets the anthology be completely unreleased tracks.

QueenVault.com

Updated October 2, 2016
Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It sounds very promisng. If nothing else, it'll allow me to obtain those B-Sides which have long since eluded me.

Right, now I did say I was going to sell my Platinum Collection. (goes to market)

freddie lives 28817 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 274 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Greg said that he's having to fight Brian & Roger to get the edited versions of Liar & It's late on the set as they HATE them!!!!

It was originally a 12 disc set, but EMI told them to lose 2 discs - thankfully that means all the crap "You Don't Fool Me" and "Rah" mixes have been removed!!

Don't expect BBC Sessions for a while either... though personally I think they should have released those.

Typical EMI.
As much as I'm looking forward to remastered B sides & Extended verisons - it's just the same stuff we've already got in a new box.... :(

Let's hope they use the opportunity to release a new single ("Let Me In Your Heart Again" maybe) to give us something new, and also release some of the unreleased remixes of familiar stuff (like the extended mixes that John once did etc)

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone mentioned that there was a single edit of "Bohemian Rhapsody" called "Bohemian Rhapsody" Courte Version that was about 3:30. Can anyone tell me what parts of the song this includeds or doesn't include?

wembley86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

now will this box set be sold in the US when it comes out too. cause sometimes it takes them awhile to do it. i still havent seen the freddie mercury box set here. i know you can buy it on ebay but no credit card to purchase it and my boyfriend is buying it for me, but i would love to see it in the stores like best buy.

shannon sweet
Roy ® user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 597 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It all sounds very expensive ;)

mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It will all depend. I've seen box sets this size go for at least $60 here in the US. I wouldn't be too worried about the price.

It would be interesting to get every single and b-side Queen ever released. That will be a real treat for those who haven't heard them all yet. I hope there's no shortcomings, though...

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"
The Freddie Bigotes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 10 May 06, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why a Singles Box???

Why not a 70´s Concert???

Perhaps i will buy the box hehehe....

Cheers ¡¡¡¡

I like Queen a Lot¡¡¡
Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 217 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) wrote:

It's about time... this should be a nice warmup to the anthology. The nice thing is, this lets the anthology be completely unreleased tracks.

Yes, but it will also delay the anthology box for at least another 5 years!

My trading site: http://rhye.atspace.com
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The most astonishing thing about that news post is that someone referred to Greg Brooks as "brilliant".

But, yeah, that 10 disc box set will sell "through the roof" I'm sure. Just like that 12 disc Freddie set. Millions out there with a couple hundred bucks to put down for it. Multi-platinum all around the world, you heard it here first.

scprof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they are going to release a singles Box set, they should have an all or nothing approach to it.

If it was released as a single, put it in the set. Even if it is crap. It then stops fans getting bootlegged stuff that they make no money off.

Death to Rapidshare. Long Live BitTorrent!!
Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 10 May 06, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let me just say that i am unmoved by this news.

I am not a fan a this sort of thing, which is just yet another "repackaging" and "rehashing" of things all of us probably already all own!

I suppose the completist will insist on buying it....but i doubt i will. Im not a fan of CD's to begin with anyway.....

Bring on Brian's book!! :)

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 12 May 06, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddie lives wrote:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Greg said that he's having to fight Brian & Roger to get the edited versions of Liar & It's late on the set as they HATE them!!!!

It was originally a 12 disc set, but EMI told them to lose 2 discs - thankfully that means all the crap "You Don't Fool Me" and "Rah" mixes have been removed!!

Don't expect BBC Sessions for a while either... though personally I think they should have released those.

Typical EMI.
As much as I'm looking forward to remastered B sides & Extended verisons - it's just the same stuff we've already got in a new box.... :(

Let's hope they use the opportunity to release a new single ("Let Me In Your Heart Again" maybe) to give us something new, and also release some of the unreleased remixes of familiar stuff (like the extended mixes that John once did etc)

Let´s hope that the 2 discs they lose will be the "everybody-has-already-this-song-in-the-best-of-collection", and put just the rarities stuff.

I think after this, there will be another wonderfull thread here on Queenzone about the missing traks, but we´re already used to that kind of service by EMI.

Take care

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 13 May 06, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Call me crazy but having an officially released (and remastered) version of "A Human Body" will be worth the price.

Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 13 May 06, 02:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How many official B-Sides did Queen release?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 May 06, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nathan wrote:

Each single has B-side usually... I'm In Love With My Car is B-side too.

There was bonus LP in "Complete Works" box set in 1985 contained: See What A Fool I've Been, A Human's Body, Soul Brother, I Go Crazy, Blurred Vision, One Vision and Thank God It's Christmas (which both are not B-sides).

Some other B-sides are here: http://www.pemcom.demon.co.uk/queen/bsides.html

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=404273

+ Gimme The Prize instr. remix etc.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 13 May 06, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Nathan wrote:

Each single has B-side usually... I'm In Love With My Car is B-side too.

There was bonus LP in "Complete Works" box set in 1985 contained: See What A Fool I've Been, A Human's Body, Soul Brother, I Go Crazy, Blurred Vision, One Vision and Thank God It's Christmas (which both are not B-sides).

Some other B-sides are here: http://www.pemcom.demon.co.uk/queen/bsides.html

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=404273

+ Gimme The Prize instr. remix etc.

Yes, but 10 cd´s worth of it?- And it was suposed to be 12??
It seems too much, but let´s see...

Take care

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 May 06, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But there are some "rare" (haha) A-sides too, stand-alone versions etc....

Cricket Nutter user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 13 May 06, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

me_and_my_innuendo wrote:

It will all depend. I've seen box sets this size go for at least $60 here in the US. I wouldn't be too worried about the price.

It would be interesting to get every single and b-side Queen ever released. That will be a real treat for those who haven't heard them all yet. I hope there's no shortcomings, though...

$60 would be a bargain. Here I expect a 10 CD Queen set will be the best part of £75, which is around $120