Forums > Queen - General Discussion > WHAT DO U KNOW ABOUT QUEEN IN MEXICO??

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie`s lover user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 May 06, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... ABOUT mmm let me remember..........................................................................................


I'm sorry I can't remember but its no much time ago I found some information a bout when queen was in mexico and was a bad experince...

I'd like to know if all u ppl kwnos something about that...


xxx

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 May 06, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:-S

Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 May 06, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They were here back in 81, with concert at Puebla and Monterrey, almost 130000 people.
It was a bad time because some of Queen's crew were arrested by mexican autoritys, they paid around 25000 dollars i think (or pesos. In puebla people throw some shoes on freddie and one to Brian. By the way, these queen concerts affected rock in mexico, i mean, the band chac mol (a cult band in here) were announced as the open act, but the company that brought queen asked money to the band for playin' both nights. A shame because of that mexican rock came to obscurity again until late 80's.


Loser in the end!!!
Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 May 06, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

:-S



pretty eyes you have hehe xD


Loser in the end!!!
NoOneButMe user not visiting Queenzone.com
NoOneButMe
Bohemian: 245 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 May 06, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I just know that there are a lot of Queen fans here in Mexico and if they come I expect a couple of concerts and of course, I will be there!!!

Saludos !!!


Only the good die young !!!
AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 May 06, 00:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not much in terms of how big they are. The first thought that comes to me is latin, not necessarily Mexican, but I suddenly thought of that Tejano, spanish sung cover of Some Day One Day by some band whose mp3 cover I got a few years ago. I got it thinking, "how random". To this day it's my all time favorite Queen cover.

I could see Mexico not liking Queen because Queen is very British, and in comparing and contrasting Mexico and England, I don't know how different their culture is as a whole, including music, but I know in one category they are total opposites. By far the best food of any culture for me is Mexican, namely Tex-Mex. Mexicans are the masters of cooking. Their superiority with food is only out done by Great Britain's more powerful, stronger sense of incompatence. The worst cook in Mexico could probably be justified in re-training the cooks working for England's best restaraunt.

If this opposite chemistry applies to music in terms of great vs. shit... I would find a stuck and surrounded by Mexican music situation lead me to my best Vincent Van Gogh imitation.

Queen does have one Tejano based song that is truly one of Deacon's best, 'Who Needs You'.

In closing, I don't think many Mexicans rock. On the other hand, while blacks typically are considered the leaders of dance-styles of music... Mexican music with a beat is, to me, far better and more so underrated.




The Freddie Bigotes user not visiting Queenzone.com


add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 May 06, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:


In closing, I don't think many Mexicans rock. On the other hand, while blacks typically are considered the leaders of dance-styles of music... Mexican music with a beat is, to me, far better and more so underrated.




jajaja The Mexicans says WE WILL ROCK YOU¡¡¡¡

Como chingados que NO AGUEVO¡¡¡¡


I like Queen a Lot¡¡¡
deaconMTY user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 May 06, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AGAIN, SORRY FOR MI BAD ENGLISH....

queen comes to mexico in 1981, and they have a great concerts in monterrey and puebla, in fact, inthe concert in monterrey, they played for very first time a part of "under pressure" in a kind of medley, same song played in a sound check in puebla with the piano, no guitar (very interesting........and different).

monterrey have in a recents years a very number of concerts with very important bands, like alice cooper, the cure and queen in the 80´s, and scorpions, inxs, king crimson (wwoooww), phil collins, iron maiden (3 times), alan parsons proyect and others in the 90´s and recently, bread, foreigner, kiss, u2 and the rolling stones.

the question is.......... why not queen???

god bless you
deaconmty

marcio17@queenzone.com user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 121 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 May 06, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, why not Queen?
Early this year, U2 play twice there, and there wans´t any problem. In fact, mexicans wanted more gigs.

It would be superb,and one step closer for Queen to play in South America

Panza Pedraza - FER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 May 06, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:

Not much in terms of how big they are. The first thought that comes to me is latin, not necessarily Mexican, but I suddenly thought of that Tejano, spanish sung cover of Some Day One Day by some band whose mp3 cover I got a few years ago. I got it thinking, "how random". To this day it's my all time favorite Queen cover.



AmeriQueen wrote:

Queen does have one Tejano based song that is truly one of Deacon's best, 'Who Needs You'.

In closing, I don't think many Mexicans rock. On the other hand, while blacks typically are considered the leaders of dance-styles of music... Mexican music with a beat is, to me, far better and more so underrated.


Do you mean a cover made by a band called "Soda Stereo"?, if they are, they are from Argentina, far from being tejano. Well, all Argentina is far from being tejano.

"Who needs you" is not tejano based, is Bolero based, and is a rhytm based in caribbean (Spanish caribean, e.g. Republica Dominicana, Cuba)spanish mix, product of the colony days.

And I agree with you, I don't think many Mexicans rock as well.

Saludos


Cuidate, querete, ojito, ojete
Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 May 06, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Panza Pedraza - FER wrote:

AmeriQueen wrote:

Not much in terms of how big they are. The first thought that comes to me is latin, not necessarily Mexican, but I suddenly thought of that Tejano, spanish sung cover of Some Day One Day by some band whose mp3 cover I got a few years ago. I got it thinking, "how random". To this day it's my all time favorite Queen cover.



AmeriQueen wrote:

Queen does have one Tejano based song that is truly one of Deacon's best, 'Who Needs You'.

In closing, I don't think many Mexicans rock. On the other hand, while blacks typically are considered the leaders of dance-styles of music... Mexican music with a beat is, to me, far better and more so underrated.


Do you mean a cover made by a band called "Soda Stereo"?, if they are, they are from Argentina, far from being tejano. Well, all Argentina is far from being tejano.

"Who needs you" is not tejano based, is Bolero based, and is a rhytm based in caribbean (Spanish caribean, e.g. Republica Dominicana, Cuba)spanish mix, product of the colony days.

And I agree with you, I don't think many Mexicans rock as well.

Saludos

We can rock, but the most famous bands are the less rockers, so there's a lot of bands, i play in a band and i think that we rock, and a lot of fans do it as well


Loser in the end!!!