Thanks. I do think it will happen, but probably it will be nothing more than a novelty item. My dream scenario would be a pedal expecting you to be using a Brian May guitar, so it wouldn't be looking to recreate the guitar dynamics so much as the supporting equipment. I would envision a 7 list being best created as:
1. Old school, Dallas Rangemaster sound like Brian used back in the day
2. Old school plus Deacy Amp sound recreating the Procession like sounds.
3. Pete Cornish/Greg Fryer(from what I understand, they sound the same) sound.
4. Same sound plus Deacy Amp sound.
5. Get Down Make Love sound: That crazy guitar sound Brian used live as well.
6. Chinese Water Torture sound: That live mode he does when he hits the pedal, turning on this brilliance.
7. Brighton Rock sound(1 or 2 repeats): This would be a knob controlling repeats of his modern day Brighton Rock settings. Just imagine if you could control that multitude of sounds through a pedal.
The sad thing is that my guess is they will model invidividual guitar settings instead, stretching out poorly the multitude of possibilities such a pedal could create.
I hope I am wrong.