Forums > Personal > Most people would go to jail, but then there are priests...

forum rss feed
Author

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 06, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12868768

...one more reason why I am vehemently against virtually everything the catholic church stands for.

Discuss.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 06, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think he was ever convicted, just accused. Was there a trial? It doesn't say.


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 06, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=lime>KillerKing840 wrote:

http://scripturist.org/pope%20palpatine.jpg

http://img232.echo.cx/img232/5239/palpatineratzinger7xc.jpg

http://img232.echo.cx/img232/3440/popepalpatine3ct.png


The Dark Side is powerful...


But these are hilarious!


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 06, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=lime>KillerKing840 wrote:

http://scripturist.org/pope%20palpatine.jpg

http://img232.echo.cx/img232/5239/palpatineratzinger7xc.jpg


That's FREAKY!



-Things Have Changed For Me-
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 06, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

peace and love... maybe too much love... poor seminarists...


2+2=5
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 06, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This might be progress. At leasr he was not given a golden parachute into the Vatican like disgraced ex-cardinal of Boston, Bernard Law. However, bishop Imish of Joliet (near Chicago near my boyhood home), retired unscathed at age 75 after decades of ignoring, winking and nodding at pervert priests. Also the diocese of Rockford refuses to release their records (another case of CYA) concerning convicted pedophile priest Campobello.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 06, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hopefully it will be progress. Priest or not, they should be brought to justice just like any other criminal.


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 06, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a step forward indeed...

However, it's up to the authorities to take unbiased action against any suspect of pedophilia, sexual abuse, or any other criminal charge regardless of whether they're members of the church or not.

Also authorities should take legal action against churches that "hide" priests or destroy evidence for the purpose of protecting their reputation.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
bohemian_queer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 362 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 06, 02:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12868768

...one more reason why I am vehemently against virtually everything the catholic church stands for.

Discuss.


What do you really know about the Catholic church? Are you Catholic? Or do you just get your knowledge from the media puts out?
It is ignorance to judge a group of over a billion people on the acts of a few. This kind of shit happens in every religion, and every group; like abusive parents for instance, yet the Catholic church is the only one to be showcased by the media.
They are sick, sick men, there is no doubting that, but we are not all like that. Some of us don't even like the Pope that much. People like me. Besides, who cares if you don't approve of our religion? (Our- mine and a billion of my brothers and sisters.) We humans, and we mess up. Just like everybody else.


That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends...
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 06, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, let's just remember medieval laws... Everybody had to go through the ordeals of fire, water or whatever, BUT the priests. The explanation might be that the priests WERE the judges...
I might hurt a lot of people by saying, we've never gotten out of the medieval days my dears...


2+2=5
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 06, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddieistheloveofmylife_89 wrote:

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12868768

...one more reason why I am vehemently against virtually everything the catholic church stands for.

Discuss.


What do you really know about the Catholic church? Are you Catholic? Or do you just get your knowledge from the media puts out?
It is ignorance to judge a group of over a billion people on the acts of a few. This kind of shit happens in every religion, and every group; like abusive parents for instance, yet the Catholic church is the only one to be showcased by the media.
They are sick, sick men, there is no doubting that, but we are not all like that. Some of us don't even like the Pope that much. People like me. Besides, who cares if you don't approve of our religion? (Our- mine and a billion of my brothers and sisters.) We humans, and we mess up. Just like everybody else.


I can't speak for Sir GH, but I suspect that they might have been referring to the institution itself rather than the average people who happen to believe in the religion. Let's face it, you can't deny that some *dodgy* shit goes on in high up places in this church, and many others.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 06, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">Thomas Quinn wrote:

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12868768

...one more reason why I am vehemently against virtually everything the catholic church stands for.

Discuss.


Wait 20 years, and the same stories will surface regarding protestants.


and not only...


2+2=5
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 06, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here in Russia religious freaks (Orthodox Christians) co-operate with neo-nazis sometimes even... The Christian church (not religion) discredited itself already so many times...

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 06, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">Thomas Quinn wrote:

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12868768

...one more reason why I am vehemently against virtually everything the catholic church stands for.

Discuss.


Wait 20 years, and the same stories will surface regarding protestants.


It's not a matter of religion...

Pedophiles come on all creeds... Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox, Jewish, Muslim, Atheists, you name it.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 06, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

<b><font color = "crimson">Thomas Quinn wrote:

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12868768

...one more reason why I am vehemently against virtually everything the catholic church stands for.

Discuss.


Wait 20 years, and the same stories will surface regarding protestants.


It's not a matter of religion...

Pedophiles come on all creeds... Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox, Jewish, Muslim, Atheists, you name it.


But the Catholic Church hierarchy has large history of looking the other way and covering up the crimes of their priests. I hope the heads of other religions are better than the bishops, cardinals (and prior pope) of the Catholic Church.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 06, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FUCK THE POPE



HAHAHA

HOW FUNNY I AM


YOU BASTARDS


...End of the Beginning...



My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker



A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 06, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddieistheloveofmylife_89 wrote:

What do you really know about the Catholic church? Are you Catholic? Or do you just get your knowledge from the media puts out?
It is ignorance to judge a group of over a billion people on the acts of a few.


No, I'm certainly well-informed regarding the history of the catholic church, and I definitely wasn't pointing a finger at every parishioner in its history. But let's look at the history: surpressing other faiths and their scripture (Gnostics and surely others), the crusades, the inquisition, killing the pope before JPII (it's obvious; he was too liberal for them, and there was no autopsy), JPII fighting AIDS by telling Africa not to use condoms "because they have holes in them", and surely other atrocities I just haven't read about yet. The catholic church has a record that no other institution can match. On the subject of fighting AIDS in Africa, it's the non-catholic countries that are doing the best so far.

<b><font color = "crimson">Thomas Quinn wrote:

Yes, but it's a tad difficult for an atheist to rape children systematically and have them shut up due to indoctrination and dogma, saying the priest is right, and you shut the fuck up about what happens within the tightly-shut community, isn't it?


Very good point. Can't argue with you there!



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 06, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who needs the Catholic church to fight AIDS in Africa?

That would be like expecting Paris Hilton to help fight poverty.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 06, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ugh, the Catholic Church is just too overrated...


2+2=5
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 May 06, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">Thomas Quinn wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Who needs the Catholic church to fight AIDS in Africa?

That would be like expecting Paris Hilton to help fight poverty.


The problem is that millions of Africans are devout Catholics; they will listen to Ratzi the Nazi regardless of what he says.


Once again, that's a load of bullshit to justify your point of view, Caspar.

First of all, I come from a country where 95% of the people are Catholic, and probably less than 5% of those people agree completely agree with what the Catholic church says.
My grandmother happens to be the most devout Catholic person I know in my family. She goes to church every single Sunday, and prays the rosary all the time. Yet, she agrees with the right to use euthanasia and most of the time she votes for moderate liberals. When the stories of child abuse by priests came on the news, she agreed that if proven guilty they should be prosecuted like anybody else, and the church shouldn't cover up any evidence.
She also agrees that a lot of people twist religion in order to push their own agenda.

So you see, Caspar. Even Catholics are not as narrow minded as you think they are. I suggest you get your facts straight before making accusations based on generalizations.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]