Forums > Queen - General Discussion > John Deacon's real problem...

forum rss feed
Author

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 06, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've heard that John has serious problems with joining open spaces such as stadiums and outdoors, that he has some kind of fobbie's (is this the correct word[what i meant is to say he is scared of these places and he cant deal with them anymore so he rather stays at home...?)

Here is Roger Taylor's QUOTE on the radio station month or less before Return Of The Champions tour started in 2005. here is EXCACT what Roger said:

ROGER TAYLOR: "He really doesent like going out, you know, and he doesent enjoy alot of people Shocked , crowded rooms and things like that Shocked and really, we sort of lost touch , we did actually get in touch with John and so naturally pleased John, you know, you are pleased you know, it would be fun, but he is not ready into it so ... thats fair enough"

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 21 May 06, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shocked WORD" -> was the smile on another forum so IGNORE IT! ...

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 21 May 06, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want a pet weasel.

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 21 May 06, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Meh. Guess he thinks Queen is over for him, but I dont know.

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 21 May 06, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what the hell just happened?

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 21 May 06, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro, where can I hear this interview??

chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 04:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah I missed something too here...poor John...the guy just wants to kick back and retire...

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If someone does not enjoy being in crowded places that does not mean he suffers from any kind of phobia - it just means he wants to be left alone. It's not fair to start rumours about John Deacon like that. If you respect his work you should respect his privacy and not speculate about his state of mind on a public board.

I do not want any google ads here.

boca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ej theCro, odakle si?

I think I'm banana tree...
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2392 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

If someone does not enjoy being in crowded places that does not mean he suffers from any kind of phobia - it just means he wants to be left alone. It's not fair to start rumours about John Deacon like that. If you respect his work you should respect his privacy and not speculate about his state of mind on a public board.

Amen to that.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
liam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it seems roger is very cold towards john now. I didnt like things he said on the 30th anniversary doco of a night at the opera either. just becuase john doesnt wanna keep milkin everything from Queen name doesnt mean they have to be cold to him.

Go, Go, Go, little queenie!!
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard a rumour that he retired.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even if John were agoraphobic, Roger shouldn't be speading those details about somebody who, apparently, was his bandmate and friend during twenty years. What a lack of respect, dignity and ethics (once again)!

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John has always been a weirdo...I like his songs but that doesn't mean I have to think of him as if he was a god

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2392 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really don't think anybody in Queen has been cold to John, at the end of the day they have said he retired and have been pestered so many times as to why he is not there, they have clarified John's reasons.

No problem there, nobody has said he has a medical problem/condition that's just been conjecture on the boards.

All they have said is he doesn't like to go out much and espesially when there are lots of people. Well maybe because he is shy, or maybe he is just fed up with show business.

You are reading too much into this.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger said few not very friendly things about John's retirement in private talking with fans about one year ago.

I really don't think that Brian and Roger were trying so hard to recrute him on the recent tour - if you really want the guy to play with you and you know that guy for over 30 years - that's not the best way to write him letters then, IMHO.

bonnzzo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 45 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guys, Bill Wyman just up and retired because he wanted to.....it has happend before.....

Posted: 22 May 06, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But on the other had I am going to contradict myself. With all this talk about not wanting to play in huge venues....if that is the reason of the month (I think he just retired), no body is bringing up the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Over the years we have seen many different people with different ailments, physically and emotional be at the Ceremonies. Even band mates who have had differences with others. Johns absence at that event was very curious. He may have a phobia of large places, he may just wanted to go out with Freedie and leave on top of the world, but sometime, somewhere I truly believe that he wanted to retire, but something happened, something was said, I don’t know who, I don’t know why, and to be honest its none of our business. But I believe it is more like (70% wanting to retire and 30% dealing with that mysterious incident)

ROCKMAMA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 65 posts

Posted: 22 May 06, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whatever the reasons are that John does not want to participate public in Queen's honors and such is John Deacon's personal business and fans should leave it at that.

ROCKMAMA

Posted: 22 May 06, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I concur