Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian May's voice

forum rss feed
Author

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just had a memory for a moment about anticipating with results her reaction to Someday One Day or maybe All Dead All Dead in complimenting Brian's voice.

The interesting point is that days or maybe a few weeks before, I was listening to a Brian solo concert where he was pushing his voice to songs that don't compliment his range very well. She was dogging him, and I was irritated because she was right. Then later, I'm listenting to one of those above mentioned classics, she comes in with her shitty, "Queen again? You are obsessed!" bullshit, and then she asked who was singing. I asked what she thought, setting her up, though it's not like she didn't know." She asked if it was Brian. I just told her, "yeah, it is.", and for a moment knew from a look at her that she would either say something shitty just to mess with me, or be honest and compliment him, but likely she would choose a 3rd option and drop it completely.

She was true to her character and chose a 4th option, to compliment his great singing, but then follow it up by acknowledging the negative in that while he can sing the soft songs, his voice blows when singing most everything else.

I agree to a lesser degree with her.


Okay, finally the point: With the right song only, a soft, pretty song like 'All Dead' or 'Someday One Day' to even songs like 'Long Away' and 'Sail Away Sweet Sister', Brian May's voice is as good as anyone could ever do for those particular songs.

In short, Brian with the right songs, is a legendary vocalist. Just bored, typing, reading, and listening to Queen II and Someday which ignited the urge to bore you all with this thought.

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian's actually a great singer...


...End of the Beginning...



My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker



A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
Queen_Rox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1572 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:

I just had a memory for a moment about anticipating with results her reaction to Someday One Day or maybe All Dead All Dead in complimenting Brian's voice.

The interesting point is that days or maybe a few weeks before, I was listening to a Brian solo concert where he was pushing his voice to songs that don't compliment his range very well. She was dogging him, and I was irritated because she was right. Then later, I'm listenting to one of those above mentioned classics, she comes in with her shitty, "Queen again? You are obsessed!" bullshit, and then she asked who was singing. I asked what she thought, setting her up, though it's not like she didn't know." She asked if it was Brian. I just told her, "yeah, it is.", and for a moment knew from a look at her that she would either say something shitty just to mess with me, or be honest and compliment him, but likely she would choose a 3rd option and drop it completely.

She was true to her character and chose a 4th option, to compliment his great singing, but then follow it up by acknowledging the negative in that while he can sing the soft songs, his voice blows when singing most everything else.

I agree to a lesser degree with her.


Okay, finally the point: With the right song only, a soft, pretty song like 'All Dead' or 'Someday One Day' to even songs like 'Long Away' and 'Sail Away Sweet Sister', Brian May's voice is as good as anyone could ever do for those particular songs.

In short, Brian with the right songs, is a legendary vocalist. Just bored, typing, reading, and listening to Queen II and Someday which ignited the urge to bore you all with this thought.


Whom are you talking about?

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=715878

:)


"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
Queen_Rox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1572 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, beautifulsoup:)

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE his voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Resurrection kicks arse, and so does All Dead All Dead. Brian May should be the Prime Minister or something.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Slap the P user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 63 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I followed the link you posted, beautifulsoup, but still the beginning of this thread doesn't make sense to me...

But who cares; if we're talking about Brian's singing ability I'd say the man definetly can sing. To me he is more a functional singer, though. It's never the way he delievers that catches my attention. When he sings I can concentrate on other qualities of the song. Which is great sometimes.
When I listen to Queen I think of Freddie (of course) and Roger as more natural leadsingers. But then again; what's your taste?

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE Brian's voice on ressurection, very passionate, and I love his soft Queen stuff...ah, Good Company makes me laugh.

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Slap the P wrote:

I followed the link you posted, beautifulsoup, but still the beginning of this thread doesn't make sense to me...

But who cares; if we're talking about Brian's singing ability I'd say the man definetly can sing. To me he is more a functional singer, though. It's never the way he delievers that catches my attention. When he sings I can concentrate on other qualities of the song. Which is great sometimes.
When I listen to Queen I think of Freddie (of course) and Roger as more natural leadsingers. But then again; what's your taste?


I wasn't trying to connect that post to any other thread.

I was simply directing us to another Brian's Voice/Singing thread. That is all.


"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
Slap the P user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 63 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aha. I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Makes me feel a little less confused, although the initial mystery remains.

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Slap the P wrote:

Aha. I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Makes me feel a little less confused, although the initial mystery remains.


My apologies, because I thought what I did might be confusing.

Ah well - as you said, "the inital mystery remains."


"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash