Forums > Personal > X-Men 3

forum rss feed
Author

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 06, 08:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For my birthday, my brother took me to a midnight showing of this movie, and I have to say, I thought it was great! I had my doubts at first, even before footage was available to see (I HATE the director, and am not fond of the writers either), but they were washed away within the first ten minutes of the flick. There were some things that I would have done differently had I made the movie, and some cheesy stuff toward the beginning, but they weren't big enough gripes to ruin it for me. The climax was awesome.

I won't go into ANY details, but I think it was a fitting end to the trilogy. It was better than the first, and on par with the second (maybe even a little better; I'd have to see it again to be sure). I like the fact that (unlike in the first two) you actually get the feeling that nobody will be safe by the end. It had a very 'Wild Bunch' feeling to it for a while.

Go.
See it.
As soon as you can.

That is all...

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am so excited to see it! I am going today i think. I love the other X-men movies and I'm REALLY looking forward to this one. It looks great in the previews and I'm excited that there are some more characters from the comic books...

Oh and Happy Birthday!!!

Cheers

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to see it today also!!!

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's dreck.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cant wait to see it, I love this series, But I heard this is not the last!! I hope that is true...
fucking halle ruined it somewhat by wanting it to focus on Storm, so if they make 4 they should drop her ass and make more! :)

MY GOD spell it write.
M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

x-men rules

i HAVE to see that movie

that's all

cheers

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
Under Pressure user not visiting Queenzone.com
Under Pressure
Bohemian: 989 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson wrote:

For my birthday, my brother took me to a midnight showing of this movie, and I have to say, I thought it was great! I had my doubts at first, even before footage was available to see (I HATE the director, and am not fond of the writers either), but they were washed away within the first ten minutes of the flick.

Aww, you don't like Brett? I hear he's very good on set, a little second-guessing, but he gets a lot of opinions which is very refreshing. As far as the writers ... I'm working with Simon on a project right now, he told me a few weeks back that X-3 looks pretty good, although he did admit the final act was somewhat generic, as it is an action movie.

I'm probably going to see it tonight :)

"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." - FM
LinkHimself user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 30 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How many movies are there? 3?

Where are the real Naruto eps? Me miss them :(
Under Pressure user not visiting Queenzone.com
Under Pressure
Bohemian: 989 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... yes.

But there are going to be 2 more spinoffs probably -- Wolverine and Magneto -- and who knows about a 4th?

"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." - FM
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I've heard from places I trust is that it's a big letdown in the story department. If you like the action, fair enough. But apparently the first ten minutes are the best, i.e. the de-aging scene and finding Jean Grey, plus the boy and his wings scene.

Such a shame. Apparently, the writing's fault. Not Brett, which is kinda cool to know.

Peace,
Adam.

The Lost Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 192 posts

Posted: 26 May 06, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, Wolverine is like the coolest character in the history!! Ah, man, he's so hot, I think I'm going to see the movie just because of that.

"Okay, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!"

-Chandler to Joey s2e1
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 27 May 06, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Baboolal wrote:

All I've heard from places I trust is that it's a big letdown in the story department. If you like the action, fair enough. But apparently the first ten minutes are the best, i.e. the de-aging scene and finding Jean Grey, plus the boy and his wings scene.

Such a shame. Apparently, the writing's fault. Not Brett, which is kinda cool to know.

Peace,
Adam.

It sounds like utter crap to me... the first two really were pretty frigging good movies, but they keep bowing down to that idiot Halle Berry just because she won an Oscar. They should have fired her after her stupid demands during the 2ND movie, never mind this one.

It's utter tripe... they used the 'juggernaut bitch' line which is just pathetic, and *Rogue gives her powers away just so she can shack up with that weedy ice dude*??? The fuck???

No frigging way I'm spending money on this crap, I'll happily wait till someone I know rents it, and then if I'm wrong I'll report back here and say "I was wrong, I'll never second-guess a film again before seeing it", but just like with the new Hitchhikers Movie, I'll be *right*, and save myself $15 in the process.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 27 May 06, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=purple>Miss James wrote:

Saw the midnight show. Thought it was pretty good.

Did everyone stay at the end of the credits to see the "secret" scene? Lots of people left in our showing, but I knew ahead of time to stay and it was a good thing I did stay!

I ALWAYS stay. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 27 May 06, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Lost Queen<h6>FunnyFella wrote:

Ah, Wolverine is like the coolest character in the history!! Ah, man, he's so hot, I think I'm going to see the movie just because of that.

Yea Hugh Jackman...man that guy is SEXAY!!

OK so i saw it last night and I absolutely LOVED it...i thought it was really good.....I odn't want to give anything away though but I do want to go see it again...

Cheers

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
RETROLOVE

Posted: 27 May 06, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga wrote:

OK so i saw it last night and I absolutely LOVED it...i thought it was really good.....I odn't want to give anything away though but I do want to go see it again...

Cheers

I could eat Hugh Jackman for days....that MAN IS SEXY!!!!!!

RETROLOVE

Posted: 27 May 06, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought the movie was fairly good, but movies are so predictable nowadays, ya know. I like Magneto quote in the movie: WE ARE THE CURE...WE ARE THE CURE!!!!! I've been annoying my little brother saying that all day...lol

RETROLOVE

Posted: 27 May 06, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh-did anybody like BEAST!!!!! That was my dawg!!!
He was so blue and so cool...lol

I went with like 30 people to go and see it at the movies, and when when Beast came on, we were all chanting: BEAST...BEAST!!!!! LOL!!!! We almost got kicked out of the theater!!!!

Posted: 28 May 06, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B>Jellybean Queen<h6>sweetbodykisses<B> wrote:

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga wrote:

Cheers

I could eat Hugh Jackman for days....that MAN IS SEXY!!!!!!

MY god I just like staring at the screen with my jaw dropped...lol he is sexy on two legs....

Cheers

The Lost Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 192 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds like the movie is worth seeing :)
Mmmmmmmmmm, Wolverine, so HOOOTT!!! I've tried to find a Wolverine t-shirt here on the internet, but I can't find any :(
Aaah, I think I'm going to se X2 tonight at home :) Must get some Wolverine.... *drools*

"Okay, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!"

-Chandler to Joey s2e1

Posted: 28 May 06, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Go see it! You haven't lived til you've seen it...lol

Cheers