Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > very rare rarities...

forum rss feed
Author

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 May 06, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... like assassin, face it alone, you are the only one, my secret fantasy, and other very rare songs ...

i sometimes read in this board that the few who have it don't like to share it. ok. could you tell at least how/where to get them please? if you know where to find them, or to buy (doesn't matter to spend also money for that) can you please help me and tell where/how to find that songs? maybe in a fan-club? or in an auction? i have no idea...

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 May 06, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Secret Fantasy - http://www.mercuryparadise.com/hyper/MP_audio.html

You're The Only One - http://rapidshare.de/files/12987930/Freddie_Mercury_-_You_re_The_Only_One__demo_NEW.mp3.html

Others are available via trading with Queen collectors... or just search better!

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 May 06, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:



Others are available via trading with Queen collectors... or just search better!


thx very much!!!
and where should i search? online? or in shops?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 May 06, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, some other rare songs are on Rien's site as well as My Secret Fantasy (that mercuryparadise.com). I don't know what else do you mean by "very rare tracks" :)

Assasin, Face It Alone - no, only with the help of collectors.

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 May 06, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

do you know any collectors on this board who would trade "assassin" and "face it alone"?

InnuendoMay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 233 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 May 06, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rosedewitt wrote:

do you know any collectors on this board who would trade "assassin" and "face it alone"?


Ha! Yeah there are some of have it, or claim to have it, and the songs do exist, but trading...? Meh who knows? It would be nice to hear the demo for Innuendo (Assassin) though!

chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a common issue amongst most Queen fans- trying to find these songs...or let alone trying to find someone who has them and IS actually willing to trade. I wish you the best of luck!!


Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
roy_fokker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they simply do not exist.

If you deem... fans have been sharing lots of material and unreleased rarities: what do those rarities have, more than the others, to be kept in secret?

There's no point, no satisfaction in stating you have something you can't have demonstrate you have.

And, at the moment, there's no evidence that those songs exist.

So, rationally speaking, we must reasonably deduce that they are a brillant fantasy, nothing more.

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well, i think they exist, but i also don't understand why everyone is making a secret of it and why nobody wants to share them... they are just demo songs like other demo songs which are not sooo rare at all, - i can't understand how it should make anyone happier when he has it and don't shares it, - well for him it shouldn't matter at all if he's the only one owning it, or of anyone else on the world owns it too, right? ;)

« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All we need is a little teaser. A 10 sec sample would be enough to confirm it's existence. ;-)

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A collector who has amassed a huge collection should be proud of what he or she has. Once a rare track leaks, then the collection becomes all the more obsolete. Considering the recent outpouring of previously unreleased tracks, those who possess 'Assassin' or 'Face It Alone' are still lucky because they haven't been leaked yet, and are still worth something to that person, whereas 'Self Made Man' or 'Silver Salmon' have become commonplace.

Why should a collector willingly share a song when they may have spent most of their collecting careers searching for that song? While I personally would love to hear 'Assassin' (if it exists) and 'Face It Alone' and other rare tracks, it's not the responsibility of those who do have them to share them - it's Queen Productions'. They have the songs in perfect quality, and know that the fans want the rarities, so it's only a matter of time before these songs will become available.

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:



Why should a collector willingly share a song when they may have spent most of their collecting careers searching for that song?


why shouldn't he?? why should i keep a song (and that's just a data at all) for me, when i know i could share it with many fans who all love to listen to it, too? would i think i am mightful or something better because i have a song noone else owns?? no, - i am glad that i have much rare material, what was hard to get and hard to find, but i also have no problem to share it with others.

i don't think that queen made their songs to keep them in their archives, - they produced them to share them with all their fans. and if they had more time i am sure they would have work on the demo songs, to release them too once a day.

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rosedewitt wrote:



i don't think that queen made their songs to keep them in their archives, - they produced them to share them with all their fans.


Sorry, but that argument doesnt quite add up because it is standard practise for bands to record more songs than might appear on the next CD. The reason for that is most bands then pick the best songs to be put on the CD. The rest usually get dumped because the band wasnt happy about them or sometime they end up as throw away "B sides".


"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i know that, but i think when the demos are so requested by the fans the band would have done a sample album with some demos.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rosedewitt wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:



Why should a collector willingly share a song when they may have spent most of their collecting careers searching for that song?


why shouldn't he?? why should i keep a song (and that's just a data at all) for me, when i know i could share it with many fans who all love to listen to it, too? would i think i am mightful or something better because i have a song noone else owns?? no, - i am glad that i have much rare material, what was hard to get and hard to find, but i also have no problem to share it with others.


You might see it that way, but some of these collectors trade and sell a lot of very meaningful things to them in order to obtain what can be considered as the Holy Grail of Queen's archives. For anyone who ever had 'Mad The Swine' before 1991, I don't think anyone ever HEARD of such a song existing, so obviously they've stumbled into something exciting and new. Maybe someone spent thousands of dollars trying to obtain that relic, and they are not morally or legally obliged to share it with anyone if they don't want to. Once that relic is officially released, then people who didn't have it before don't care, and the value depreciates.

With your argument, you might as well walk into a Burger King and demand they feed you for free. "I want a Whopper!" When they tell you how much it costs, you're outraged - "I want it for free! Do you feel superior to me because you have the Whopper that I want? If I had Whoppers, you can bet I would give them out to anyone and everyone!"

People spend a large portion of their lives collecting things for their own sakes, not to entertain give out as freebies to other people. If you build a good relationship with a collector, maybe he or she will send you a rare file every now and then; but they are under no agreement or obligation to do so.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Assassin isn't the same as Innuendo..


"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."



(Genesis 1:1)
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 06, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

Assassin isn't the same as Innuendo..


I always thought it was a working title for 'The Hitman'. Seems more logical (assassins and hitmen).

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 May 06, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

With your argument, you might as well walk into a Burger King and demand they feed you for free. "I want a Whopper!" When they tell you how much it costs, you're outraged - "I want it for free! Do you feel superior to me because you have the Whopper that I want? If I had Whoppers, you can bet I would give them out to anyone and everyone!"

People spend a large portion of their lives collecting things for their own sakes, not to entertain give out as freebies to other people. If you build a good relationship with a collector, maybe he or she will send you a rare file every now and then; but they are under no agreement or obligation to do so.



lol, i am sorry but that sounds silly. we are talking about a song (which is probably not good enough for the audience, because if it was it has been relesed) and not about somebody's life.. well maybe i am different, but although i love queen i am willing to share the material (also the rare one which was hard to get) i have, and when i paid much for it i would be willingly to trade, but keep it such a secret i think it's silly. because what's the sense for keeping it just for me? do i make the queen members happier when me is the only one with the demo song? is it for me a better feeling to be the only one with this song? no it isn't. for me it is only important to get it for myself, and when i have it, i don't care about if i spent lots of time and money to find it, i would share or trade it. well, but that's only my opinion, everybody can do like he wants, and so i understand your arguments.

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 May 06, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote: If you build a good relationship with a collector, maybe he or she will send you a rare file every now and then; but they are under no agreement or obligation to do so.



i don't agree with that. i want to have relationships because i like people, and not just because they own something i want to have. it sounds like building a relationship to a collector, and when i got the thing i want, i break up again? no! that's very unfair. that's like when you marry a very very old rich man/woman who is going to die soon, just to take all his/her money, i think that shows a false character.

when i have a good friend who has for example a rare queen song i want to have and he don't want to give me, i wouldn't break up the relationship just because of that. relationships and business are different things and i don't want to mix them.

but we are far away now from the topic i started, - i wanted to read if somebody has any tip where to find/buy the songs, - but we can also start another thread where we discuss what do we think about different characters of people :)

roy_fokker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 May 06, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All we need is a little teaser. A 10 sec sample would be enough to confirm it's existence. ;-)

that's the point.

Let me state this challenge:

"I think they don't exist. Is anybody able to demonstrate that they do?"

Collectors are often jealous of what they collect... but also proud of them. You can't be proud of something whose bare existance is negelected, or at least discussed.

so... let's wait and see if someone has the courage to share 10-15 seconds of those Chymeras.