Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The calibre of SOME individuals polluting QZ

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 May 06, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ON PAGE 7 of the
"GREG BROOKS REPLIES - addressing the issue of whinging weirdos" thread, you will find....

…………………………………………………………………………
ALEX SOLAN

Greg, no matter how hard you try

I WON'T let you suck my cock
sorry, pal
it's not gonna happen

Cum on?give him a chance?his begging on his knees

From Me... GREG BROOKS, QUEEN ARCHIVIST.

This is the calibre of SOME of the people that are members of QZ.

I rest my case.

This is the sort of Cretin, dick-head, pleb, moron, I was talking about and describing the other day, when loads of you got all angry and defensive, and disliked my vocabulary!!!

But… there it is, see for yourself. There are some complete idiots on here polluting your airwaves, and you do nothing to squash them out. How can you expect to be taken seriously by me or anyone else?

You should spend some of the time you spend having a go at me and my non-existent wife and children, filtering out these losers.

This is why I cannot take QZ seriously. Can you blame me?

GB

GB
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 27 May 06, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can blame you for not comprehending the most basic of reading skills. Matias May wrote that, not Alex Solan, who just responded to it.

Why do I bother correcting you, Greg?

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts

Posted: 27 May 06, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah - Leave poor GB alone. His behavior has been noble on this forum, and he has done nothing to elicit such abuse.

I just know that GB will rise above the fray, and seriously answer JSS's topic.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 27 May 06, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yes, and the reason that these "dickhead plebs" are not "squashed out" are because the people who run this site don't believe in heavy-handed moderation. Just as if you, Greg, had gone elsewhere and delivered your well-rounded diatribes, you'd've been banned almost instantly.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How many threads do we need about this really? The entire thing is childish and pathetic.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another thread??? Christ...

GB, you don't *need* to tell us that there's some fools around. It's an internet forum, it comes with the territory. But you don't make it any better by making more threads - in fact, you only make yourself look stupid, like Tom Cruise or something.

Please, for the love of Mike, stop pushing more interesting threads off the front page.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

ON PAGE 7 of the
"GREG BROOKS REPLIES - addressing the issue of whinging weirdos" thread, you will find....

ALEX SOLAN

Greg, no matter how hard you try

I WON'T let you suck my cock
sorry, pal
it's not gonna happen

Cum on?give him a chance?his begging on his knees

From Me... GREG BROOKS, QUEEN ARCHIVIST.

This is the calibre of SOME of the people that are members of QZ.

I rest my case.

This is the sort of Cretin, dick-head, pleb, moron, I was talking about and describing the other day, when loads of you got all angry and defensive, and disliked my vocabulary!!!

But… there it is, see for yourself. There are some complete idiots on here polluting your airwaves, and you do nothing to squash them out. How can you expect to be taken seriously by me or anyone else?

You should spend some of the time you spend having a go at me and my non-existent wife and children, filtering out these losers.

This is why I cannot take QZ seriously. Can you blame me?

GB

HEY

WAIT A FUCKING SECOND??

I WROTE THAT!!!

JESUSCHRIST, I CAN'T WANK FOR A SECOND WITHOUT YOU TRYING TO TAKE ME OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT

PS: still WON'T let you suck my cock, nice try anyways

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
MOANZONE TWAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 422 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Greg, Hope you are enjoying your 14 hour day! lol Fuck You!

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMFG

now THAT was ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY funny

you may say what you want, but that was FUNtastic

=)

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 04:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg, you're reading selective. You only notice personal attacks and other things you don't like (I can understand that in some way). But, there are some loyal Queenfans around here and there have been some very interesting discussions over here in the past. And some are still going on...

Maybe it's time to see this site with different eyes? With an optimistic view? Many people here are just screaming for attention. Simply ignore them. They aren't worth it. You, as an clever grown-up man, must understand that, don't you?

Did you ever visited the ultimate Queen traders site? http://forum.ultimatequeen.com

This site is founded by QZ member PieterMC. This site has some real Queenfans over there (and most of them are on QZ too). With this site, we're trying to get the most out of the existing Queen bootlegs, audio and video. Real discussions, with great contributions. It contains many info about Queen recordings, you might be suprised! Maybe you can even use information, wouldn't that be great? You're simply generalising. That's not fair. There are many people who really contributing to this site (use the search-button in the top right corner of the screen and see for yourself). But you don't seem to see it. Which I find strange in a way. Maybe think a little more before posting? I respect you, and I'm sure many more do, please respect us in return. Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
Rick

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 05:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just a suggestion for Mr Brooks....have you tried visiting Wikipedia for #1 single information? I don't know how reliable it is - but I'd imagine you're looking for hits outside of the United Kingdom & United States of America, yes?

From Wikipedia :

Number one singles
Year Single Countries
1975 Bohemian Rhapsody #1: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, UK (3x platinum)
1976 Somebody to Love #1: Netherlands
1977 We Are the Champions / We Will Rock You #1: France
1979 Love of My Life (live) #1: Argentina
1979 Crazy Little Thing Called Love #1: Australia, Canada, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, US (platinum)
1980 Another One Bites the Dust #1: Argentina, Canada, Guatemala, Spain, US (sold over 4.5 million copies; 4x platinum). (Queen's best selling single ever)
1980 Flash #1: Austria
1981 Under Pressure (with David Bowie) #1: Argentina, Canada, Netherlands, UK (silver)
1982 Las Palabras de Amor #1: Poland
1984 Radio Ga Ga #1: Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden
1984 I Want to Break Free #1: Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, South Africa
1991 Innuendo #1: UK (gold)
1991 Bohemian Rhapsody / These Are the Days of Our Lives #1: Ireland, UK (platinum)
1993 Five Live (EP with George Michael and Lisa Stansfield) #1: Ireland, Spain, UK
1995 Heaven for Everyone #1: Argentina, Poland
2000 We Will Rock You (with 5ive) #1: UK

I have to be honest and say I am ecstactic about the forthcoming Singles Boxset; unfortunately in the 11 years since Made In Heaven was released a lot of fans have managed to obtain single remixes, b-sides and rarities from other sources... so it will be interesting to see what previously unreleased material will appear. Having bought every studio album, live album and nearly all the compliations I personally find it frustrating that this set is upcoming....

It is a pity that the series of CD/DVD combination releases has been postponed/stopped after Milton Keynes 1982. A series of 1970's shows would be greatly appreciated by most fans I'm sure, who would rather listen to It's Late and Liar than Radio Ga Ga and Tear It Up.

AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 05:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. GB, please, I'm asking you to not focus on idiots to avoid honest talking with the rest of the QZrs.

This is a forum, and it is un-moderated. That means that everybody can say what they want. Unluckily, there are also idiots on this forum, not only Queen Experts or normal Queen fans.

If you start talking in a constructive way, many persons here will talk with you in a constructive way and they will defend you from the idiots who only want to attract attention.

Please, let's do something useful instead of fighting.

AC

That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Many people here are just screaming for attention. Simply ignore them. They aren't worth it."

Yeah, but you know, this is bunk Rick. I had something genuine to say to the guy (along the lines of calm down a bit) and he thought I was having a go. There's no saving people like that.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitesthedust<br><h6> The QZ gentleman... wrote:

A series of 1970's shows would be greatly appreciated by most fans I'm sure, who would rather listen to It's Late and Liar than Radio Ga Ga and Tear It Up.

*Dreams* That would be fucking great, it really would, but I dont think that an archivest gets any say over whats released, he just has to dig up the actual stuff I suppose. But that would be awesome, it really would. I havnt seen/heard It's Late live, that would make my day....

Posted: 28 May 06, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

A series of 1970's shows would be greatly appreciated by most fans I'm sure, who would rather listen to It's Late and Liar than Radio Ga Ga and Tear It Up.

*Dreams* That would be fucking great, it really would, but I dont think that an archivest gets any say over whats released, he just has to dig up the actual stuff I suppose. But that would be awesome, it really would. I havnt seen/heard It's Late live, that would make my day....

But Queen Productions and Greg Brooks obviously work together and must have an idea of what fans want...It's Late live is superb!

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 09:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

But Queen Productions and Greg Brooks obviously work together and must have an idea of what fans want...It's Late live is superb!

Got any links to a video? Perdy please? :)

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg - why don't you make better use of your time?

haven't you got some other great stories that you could add "the Greg Brooks Accuracy Touch" to?
Expect to see in the next six months...some "much more historically accurate re-writes"

THE BIBLE: Jesus live to be a very, very old man who died in a terrible car accident aged 2048.

WORLD WAR II: Hitler won, and Winston & Mrs Chruchill are found dead in a bunker just outside Harlow, having eaten themselves to death on on 35,000 Bourbon Biscuits and 300 lbs of Rapsberry Blancmange.

JAWS: A small costal resort is being terrorised by marauding mallards until a passing kindly great white shark sees off the bothersome birds. The townfolk show their immeasurable grattitude by feeding "sharky" any passing vagrants that stumble into town.

go deo na hÉireann
MOANZONE TWAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 422 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol like i said before..... Are you enjoying your 14 hour day? lol

Posted: 28 May 06, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

Got any links to a video? Perdy please? :)

I wish I had a video of It's Late. But search for a News Of The World/Jazz/Live Killers audio show here, it'll be there.

Crockerdile user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 28 May 06, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't help finding myself agreeing with much of what Mr Brooks has to say about people on this forum, there's a lot of people who have a rather over-inflated view of your own importance in the grand scheme of things and who think its ok to sling insults around and be rude without any comeback.

All this talk of giving the fans "what they want" and "no more compilation albums please" Firstly, just how many "fans" are we talking about when these dictations about "what the fans want" get bandied about? There is how many people angrily posting about such things on here compared with how many people in the world that buy Queen music? and secondly - if you don't like the compilation albums, nobody is forcing you at gunpoint to go down the shops and buy them, if you don't want, don't get, simple really :o)

Plus all this negativity about Greg's book... I mean really, why? it's a book for crying out loud! is it really worth getting that wound up over the order of songs played at some show or other that you probably didn't see, over twenty years ago. I've got a copy of the book, its an interesting enough read to dip in and out of, if I spotted any errors I'd be inclined to write to the writer, point out what's good about it and follow with what I think needs changing to improve it, to diss it as utter crap because of a few errors here or there seems a bit overly negative and a bit sad really....

The one thing we're all waiting for, is peace on earth and an end to war, it's a miracle we need the miracle...

Its a shame so many "fans" haven't listened to that so closely....

As Mr Brooks says, chill people :o)

He's not the messiah, now p*ss off!