1. Justin Hawkins band: the darkness
The fact that you mention him first disturbs me. There are singers who simply don't have a good voice, then there is this gimp, one who's style is an absolute perfection of musical shit, maximizing his ability to use his voice at it's worst possible level. The guy seems truly gifted at singing in such an originally horrid way, difficult for one to top in attempting to sound like shit. The Darkness is truly worst than anything I have ever come across, not that I would totally know considering my 100% effort to change any station playing their vomit songs.
2. Roger daltrey band: the who
I don't think the Who come near Queen, and I think Daltrey is their biggest weakness.
3. James hetfield band: metallica
He could do as many as maybe 7 or 8(tops) Queen songs pretty well, but none near Freddie.
4. Robert plant band: led zeppelin
Not realistic, but would be a mismatch.
5.Axl rose band: gun N roses
See Robert Plant
6. Joe Elliot band: def leppard
Great for some songs, not ideal though.
7. Gary cherone band: extreme
8. Ian hunter band: Mott the hoople
? Too weird to consider.
9. Eddie vanhalen band: vanhalen
I assume you mean Roth or Hagar, not that it makes any difference in answer.
10. David cover dale band: white snake
I would be very curious to see the results because I like him alot. That being said... Next.
11. Joe Perry band: aero smith
You mean Tyler? Could nail a few, not a good or realistic choice worth considering.
12.Bruce Dickson band: iron maiden
Good singer, but is on an opposite style than Queen.
13. Brain Johnson band: ac dc
14.Paul Rodgers band: free
Shockingly strong, I have no complaints. We have a winner.
15.Paul McCartney band: the Beatles
Not realistic, but would do well I am sure.
16. Glenn Hughes band: black Sabbath
17. Eric clapton band: cream
Nothing like Queen
18. Roger Taylor band: the cross
I'd live with it.
19. Brain may band: the brain may band
Same as Roger
20 Gene Simmons band: kiss
You mean Stanley. HORRIBLE IDEA.
21Rob Hal ford band: Judas priest
Could nail 4 or 5 songs, would be a ridiculous choice for the rest.
22. Adrian belew band: king crimson
23 Jon Anderson band: yes
24. Eric bloom band: blue oyster cult
25. John wetton band: Asia
26. Chris Cornell band: sound garden
27. David glamour band: pink Floyd
28. Steve win wood band: traffic
29. Ricky Phillips band: Styx
Dude, get the singers right. Dennis De Young or Tommy Shaw. Both would be mediocre replacements for the job.
30. Robert palmer band: power station
Same problem as Freddie, he's dead. Wouldn't work anyway.
Beyond Paul, George Michael is an obvious Freddie imitation, Rufus Wainright is my determined answer to the problem.
I will say once again, 'Millionare Waltz' was made for Rufus!