Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Guyton Red Special Edition

forum rss feed
Author

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 06, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anyone have one?
im this close || to buying one,
they look the most similar to the real one that I have ever seen and seem like amazing quality from what I have read. Anyone have one, whats the sound like and would you recomend it?


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 06, 19:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've only ever heard good things about them. Keep in mind, I am no guitarist and I haven't heard one of them being played (that I know of). ;)


"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 06, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmmm well still definately thank you so much for your input it just adds more to what i know, i heard that they were great too so this just helps seal the deal


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 06, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm, I'm happy with my Burns, but I wish I had one of each so I could reach some sort of informed opinion.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 06, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jamie SureWould wrote:

...definately thank you so much for your input...


Don't take this the wrong way, but the spelling is defin-i-tely. Just say what you wrote phonetically and you'll see why, i.e. def-in-a-tely.

Sorry if this seems targeted, it's just that I see this done over and over by quite a few people and I've never said anything. Really, sorry if this seems inappropriate to post.

Peace,
Adam.

BHM1161 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 06, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,
Are Guyton's still available? They were only going to make 40 red and 10 green ones. You can read a review by a pretty informed guy at: http://www.brianmayworld.com/Guyton.htm
(I think he knows what he's talking about, anyway).

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 06, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Baboolal wrote:

Jamie SureWould wrote:

...definately thank you so much for your input...


Don't take this the wrong way, but the spelling is defin-i-tely. Just say what you wrote phonetically and you'll see why, i.e. def-in-a-tely.

Sorry if this seems targeted, it's just that I see this done over and over by quite a few people and I've never said anything. Really, sorry if this seems inappropriate to post.

Peace,
Adam.



lol its alright, i just dont like to type perfect on the internet though, but if it makes you sleep better I usually spell it the right way.


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 06, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BHM1161 wrote:

Hi,
Are Guyton's still available? They were only going to make 40 red and 10 green ones. You can read a review by a pretty informed guy at: http://www.brianmayworld.com/Guyton.htm
(I think he knows what he's talking about, anyway).



yea im sure theyre still available, yea i read that guy but i was questioning his credibility at first
good news im gunna buy :)


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 06, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Hmm, I'm happy with my Burns, but I wish I had one of each so I could reach some sort of informed opinion.



hmm burns i heard was a good version too i wish they still made them


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Guyton ones are DEFINATELY the best Red Specials commercially available.
Quality material, quality elements, overal quality product. The only reason this one has never been such a big succes as the other (far from awesome) versions like Burns, is because quality has a price. The Guytons are expensive but definately worth the money.
Jamie, if you buy one, you'll have to invite me over for tea and a jamsession! ;-)

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson wrote:

I've only ever heard good things about them. Keep in mind, I am no guitarist and I haven't heard one of them being played (that I know of). ;)



You have Dan....Brian used them as backup guitars on the Q+PR tour. Theyre gorgeous.


Chom own mudder fukker.
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian_Mays_Wig wrote:

Dan Corson wrote:

I've only ever heard good things about them. Keep in mind, I am no guitarist and I haven't heard one of them being played (that I know of). ;)



You have Dan....Brian used them as backup guitars on the Q+PR tour. Theyre gorgeous.


Ah, yes... They ARE good, then... At least when Brian is playing them! ;)


"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

The Guyton ones are DEFINATELY the best Red Specials commercially available.
Quality material, quality elements, overal quality product. The only reason this one has never been such a big succes as the other (far from awesome) versions like Burns, is because quality has a price. The Guytons are expensive but definately worth the money.
Jamie, if you buy one, you'll have to invite me over for tea and a jamsession! ;-)



lol alright sounds good
does anyone know exactly howw much???


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jamie SureWould wrote:


im this close || to buying one,


Surely, once you're that close to buying one, you have actually established the price? And, for that matter, availability.



Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Jamie SureWould wrote:


im this close || to buying one,


Surely, once you're that close to buying one, you have actually established the price? And, for that matter, availability.



too late for that anyway isnt it?
i already bought it


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the two hours after you asking how much one cost?

Blimey, that's the kind of research I was beginning to believe you were incapable of.

How much did you pay?

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm VERY surprised that a member of QZ has actually managed to get hold of one of these guitars, given that only 50 were ever made, and they were due to cost upwards of $12,000...

Please fill us in Jamie.




Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

In the two hours after you asking how much one cost?

Blimey, that's the kind of research I was beginning to believe you were incapable of.

How much did you pay?



ive been doing research for like a year now on which one to buy and my father and i did not care about the price just if we could get our hands on one.
And we did so its done, i dont know if i wanna post the price just yettt


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 06, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

£12000 is what I read in a review a while back and they are probably the guitar equivalent of owning a new Ferrari. You are kept on an owners database, the guitar has to have regular servicing and the headstock is actually signed in silver marker by Brian and the serial number is in silver marker by Andrew Guyton. They come in a white leather fitted case with all the documents in a seperate compartment. These guitars are as close as you can get.

Im seriously doubting that youve brought one, but if you have, well done. I know Id rather spend that amount of money on something else, or look for a pre owned Guild unless I was seriously rich or won the lottery!


Chom own mudder fukker.
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 06, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm well I will be amazed if you did by one, I think £6000 is nearer the mark but even so.

Also not too sure why you had to question the quality when Brian uses one on stage, but still post a picture when you get it.

I don't think I'll hold my breath...


"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"