Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > "Video Xmass 1990 (Freddie and Mary Austin's son) "

forum rss feed
Author

TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Queenzoners/friends/fans

As Your Valentine pointed out , according to her (or Dutch law?) it is not allowed to show video of minors without their approval and it would have been wise of me to remove the 2 video's of Freddie playing/talking to Mary Austin's son Richard at Xmass 1990.

I always support freedom of speech and everybody's opinion.

I don't want to get too much into legal stuff regarding publishing this footage(especially since I am residing in Romania and not in the Netherlands ;), and since 90% of the responses were very positive I thought of sharing the majority of the video of Freddie with Mary Austin's son anyway...

I think that it does make the majority of fans happy to see this footage. The minority who doesn't like it is not obliged to watch it

Without starting a row/fight or any discontent among the members of Queenzone, I will let everybody free to respond in the way they want...

I am not trying to gain attention or to make myself look important (not exactly Your Valentine's words, but almost) ... I just did yesterday what I thought would please the majority of the fans ... In the end I removed the files (2) to be replaced by a new upload...

For the moment I hope/think that most of you will like this footage of Freddie being very sweet with Mary Austin's child ... And for those of you who disagree, that is ok with me. No offence. I am not trying to "make my point" or to offend anybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_ZLPnw0sc

Stefan
aka TRS Romania

PS Present nr 2 is coming up in a second as well ;-) ... As requested ....;-)

wesker1287 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want to know how you got your hands on these, and hurry up with nr2!

TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nr 2 is already on the announce forum ;-)
Let me know if you liked that one as well

Stefan

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don't want to get sued or anything but you must know TRS,
this made me soo happy! happier than i have been in a while :) i can't thank you enough!

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, that was positively adorable!!! How did you get that footage? It's wonderful! :D

-Things Have Changed For Me-
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wondered about the legalities of children being broadcast, but it seemed irrelevant in this case since the footage is 16 years old. That baby is no longer a baby.

I'm thrilled to have been able to see this - and in this way - complete. Thank you for posting it. How wonderful to see Freddie so happy, even though he was dodging the camera.

I'm with Jamie - tears of happiness. Such a special video.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

buderhin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 223 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THANK YOU TRS!!!

I had a dream
arcadata user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 149 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HI, tnx, that's cool to see him (I think), but where is nr2?

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG that is like the cuttest video EVER!!!!!!!!

Bobek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much TRS, this video is really very nice. Lovely. Wonderful. It shows that Freddie wasnt only rock star but also just a man.

For those, who cant manage that themselves, I have downloaded the video (both parts !!!) from youtube and converted in to more comon format - AVI file with xvid video and mp3 audio codec. All thanks belong to TRS.

http://rapidshare.de/files/22730244/Freddie_and_Mary_s_Richard_-_Xmas_1990.avi.html

Bob

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder what Freddie would think of Jim.... To me Freddie always seemed like someone who wanted as little as possible of his private life known....

Besides, who gives a f*ck about 20 seconds of a fat kid with an almost dead dude hiding behind him.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6372 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

I wonder what Freddie would think of Jim.... To me Freddie always seemed like someone who wanted as little as possible of his private life known....

Besides, who gives a f*ck about 20 seconds of a fat kid with an almost dead dude hiding behind him.

I'm sure Freddie's reputation is ruined, as he has been seen cavorting with a little boy. Jim will burn in hell for this ... or maybe Pim is overreacting.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2255 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much, Stefan and Bobek.

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
friedrich user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you so much for sharing this ...
kiss
f.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I'm sure Freddie's reputation is ruined, as he has been seen cavorting with a little boy. Jim will burn in hell for this ... or maybe Pim is overreacting."

How would you like it if someone you loved decided to share private video-material of you in private situations ?

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fantastic video!
Good to see Freddie in a good mood.

Take care

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My original post was more or less like this:

I thought (and still think)that publishing these videos on the internet violates the personal rights of the child. I did not say anything about Dutch law because I really do not know but in Germany it's not allowed to publish images of minors without consent (they are under special protection of the law to avoid paparazzi to make a quick buck from "celebrity kids")

Just for the record and because someone sent me a message about it: I did not try to censor anything and I did not ask Stefan to delete the videos or the links. However, I have an opinion and I have the same right to post my opinion like anybody else here:

I do think that posting these videos shows zero respect for Freddie's privacy. I think it's disgraceful to publish private video footage that was obtained because the people in question trusted the guy who filmed it. It's a breach of trust for anyone, nor only a so called "celebrity".

That's my opinion and I don't see why I should not post it. I deleted my previous message in the other thread after Stefan removed the links because I thought it's not fair if my criticism stays there after he deleted the links.

I do not want any google ads here.

Fairy Feller user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know have, two different times on rapidshare and on you tube one is 1 min 54 another is more or less 0.34 seconds. Why?

You and me we got Staying Power...
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

I do think that posting these videos shows zero respect for Freddie's privacy. I think it's disgraceful to publish private video footage that was obtained because the people in question trusted the guy who filmed it. It's a breach of trust for anyone, nor only a so called "celebrity".

I agree 100% with you. It does not matter that Freddie is dead, they should still remain private. Leaking of these videos and posting of them online is shameful IMO.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6372 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 06, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

"I'm sure Freddie's reputation is ruined, as he has been seen cavorting with a little boy. Jim will burn in hell for this ... or maybe Pim is overreacting."

How would you like it if someone you loved decided to share private video-material of you in private situations ?

It would depend on the content and the person's intent on showing the a video of my private moments.

Given that the x-mas video had nothing remotely embarrassing, and the poster was sharing material for the general interest of most queenzoners, I think that the calls to remove the link was overwrought.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come