Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Roger's Vocals

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie_Jr. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jun 06, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was his own voice genuinally going that high, but with reverb and other mixing it probably sounded more powerful than it really was.

Whether you believe it or not I plugged into PA once and put reverb on and did that scream roger taylor does on In the Lap of the Gods, and it sounded pretty close

Wear a rubber next time Freddie =(
deadbird user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 06, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there are times though that they'll share the raw recording, or even in concerts like earls court you can hear him going increasingly high high HIGH on something like 39. Live, you know. Rog had it, baby.

theGRAYSONATOR loves me.
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 06, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rog was great live and high, especially on 39 live, i love him!

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 06, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger has an amazing voice,oof those high notes are impressive...I get frustrated when I can't hit the notes on '39 and I'm a high soprano, i'm like damn Roger your way too good at singing.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 06, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you're actually a high soprano of course you can hit that note. Unless you're actually not a soprano.

Roger's high voice is extraordinary but don't forget he was excellent at low range as well.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.