Forums > Personal > Text messaging over the celly: do you DO IT?

forum rss feed
Author

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never used to text message over my phone, until my friend Alicia started text messaging me over 2 years ago. I text about 10 times or more a day now, and I can tell you its quite addictive!!! I find that its easier to get in touch with people over text messages than actually calling them!!!
I'm with US cellular and they charge me about .10 per text...

Do you find text messaging to be fun or annoying???

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Annoying. Especially when peoples mobiles go off in cinemas. You're like "SHUT THE HELL UP!!!"
I dont see the point. You spent all your time checking your mobile when all you do is text about complete rubbish! "hi" "how u doin" blah blah.
I don't want to sound like an old person but its just pointless!

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

Annoying. Especially when peoples mobiles go off in cinemas. You're like "SHUT THE HELL UP!!!"
I dont see the point. You spent all your time checking your mobile when all you do is text about complete rubbish! "hi" "how u doin" blah blah.
I don't want to sound like an old person.

I feel ya Flash (Your not sounding old). I used to hate text messaging, because I thought it was very immature...but now, I'm addicted to it. Me and my friend were having an arugment over the text messages not too long ago, cussing eachother out, it was so silly...we made up...lol

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Queen_Rox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1572 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B>Jellybean Queen<h6>sweetbodykisses<B> wrote:

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

I don't want to sound like an old person.

I feel ya Flash (Your not sounding old). I used to hate text messaging, because I thought it was very immature...but now, I'm addicted to it. Me and my friend were having an arugment over the text messages not too long ago, cussing eachother out, it was so silly...we made up...lol

Texting someone by phone is fun, yet annoying and a pain in the ass at times.

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm the kind of person who would text message you while you're in the cinema, telling you to f- off..

No just kidding. :P I'd always make a long text with an actual point to it, not just, "what's up!"

-Things Have Changed For Me-
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I text, I call...whatever way to get hold of the person I will do so. I'm a very fast texter also PC typer... :P

FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like it :D... So I´ve got free sms now :p... That´s how I stay in touch with my friends from other cities...

O_o
Queen are the Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen are the Champions
Bohemian: 206 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got addicted to text messaging too. But mostly just to tell my friend about something crazy hilarious and not important enough to call about but good for a laugh, like slipping on a banana peel or something:P
And I keep it on silent so it's not MY cell phone that goes off in the movie theatre!

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find I don't use texting for proper conversations, I ring people for that. I tend to text to notify people (e.g. I'll be over at 7, see you later.) or at college, because it's massive we're always texting each other to find out where everyone is.