Forums > Personal > Who here has parents that are very pushy and nosey?

forum rss feed
Author

Bohemian MAY-niac/Deaconite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 327 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry guys, but I have to vent. Why must parents be so pushy and nosey? I just graduated HS almost two weeks ago and have applied for Jobs already. My mom keeps pushing me to apply to more places. I already applied at like 5 different f#@$ing places. OK, I realize that I don't have a life, and that I need to get a job, but I hate getting pushed into things that I don't want to do. Can't she understand that I already applied to like 5 stores to work? What does she think I am, a
F@#%ing workhorse? And she's SO nosey. Like today, she called me up every freakin hour to see what I'm doing. WHAT THE HELL!!?? I'm sorry guys for venting like this, but thanks for listening.I had to get that off my chest. You fellow Queen fans are the best. I think I'm now going to go listen to my GH Platinum edition!

I love John Deacon and Brian May!!!
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Exactly. :-/

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a very nosey great-grandmother, she's 95 and she feels the need to know where I am 24 hours a day. It's quite funny, if a little irritating.
As for pushy, I've never experienced that, I'm allowed to do pretty much what I want.

~im a fool~ user not visiting Queenzone.com
~im a fool~
Bohemian: 876 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

me! i have to ask to do what ever i want! but thats always with my mom. my dad lets me do anything i want. most of the time.

your words. not mine.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All parents are pushy and nosey to some extent, but definitely some are worse than others.

I work with this Russian woman who is the most nosey person I've met in my entire fuckin' life. She's always asking me shit about my personal life, and can't keep her goddamn mouth shut. What pisses me off the most is that many times she comes to my office to open my fuckin' window when I want to keep it closed. Just for the record, we don't even work in the same office, but she still comes to my fuckin' office and opens it and then tells me:... "I think some air would be good for you".
She tells me all the time that her younger daughter never answers her cell phone, and you don't know how many times I feel like telling her... "I DON'T BLAME HER".
If this woman is as nosey as she is with me, imagine how nosey she must be with her daughters.

If someone gave me the choice between the electric chair, and sharing the same roof with that woman as a mother, I'd be like...

WHERE DO I PLUG IT IN?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
~im a fool~

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that was great! no offense. if i had to chose between my mom knowing everything i typed on this website and running away with my stepdads laptop that i would steal. i would say:

MOM I WOULD TIE YOU DOWN, BUT THAT WOULDNT LAST LONG ENOUGH. then i would blast tie your mother down, because she hates that song, 'its so disrespectful, bla bla bla.

sorry if i look like i copied you but i actually had that planned for a while. its stupid i know.

your words. not mine.

Posted: 16 Jun 06, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im a fool wrote:

that was great! no offense. if i had to chose between my mom knowing everything i typed on this website and running away with my stepdads laptop that i would steal. i would say:

MOM I WOULD TIE YOU DOWN, BUT THAT WOULDNT LAST LONG ENOUGH. then i would blast tie your mother down, because she hates that song, 'its so disrespectful, bla bla bla.

sorry if i look like i copied you but i actually had that planned for a while. its stupid i know.

hahaha! My mom hates that song too! And that's why I love it!! ;-p

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As parents, we have to be somewhat pushy and nosy. It's our job... and not always one we volunteered for. Can anyone say, "oops!"?

To the original poster - applying for a job in 5 places isn't enough. Your mom might be pushing you so you see what the real world is like now that you're out of school. You can't say, 'well, I did what I had to do, now I'll sit back and wait'. It just doesn't work that way. You have to keep going out there to get what you want/need. It might just be her way of preparing you.

As for nosy, parents are paranoid where their kids' safety is concerned. And we also have better memories than most people think. We were teens, too. We KNOW what you're doing because we did it also, and that scares the hell out of us.

Some go to an extreme, but mostly, pushy and nosy parents are just trying to keep their kids alive and happy. Give them a break next time. They're doing it out of love.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the time you are 30, you are going to look back and be VERY THANKFUL that your parents were nosy and pushy.

Trust me.

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhounski wrote:

By the time you are 30, you are going to look back and be VERY THANKFUL that your parents were nosy and pushy.

Trust me.

Amen!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Me, I do.

This can't end well.
Carol! the Musical

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">Thomas Quinn wrote:

God, this makes me happy with my folks. They know they can trust me, so as long as I don't screw up plans or get into serious trouble, I can do as I please.

You're a lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, luck boy. :P

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

old-barrow boy has

his father molested him when he was little, and he's still doing that

=)

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

Trust me.

Amen!!

You can tell your parents:

"...I'm 30 year olds and still fucked up.
See, being nosey and overprotective didn't work."

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Carol! the Musical

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 22:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Lisser wrote:

Trust me.

Amen!!

I think I'm gonna do that when I'm 30. :)

Posted: 18 Jun 06, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

As parents, we have to be somewhat pushy and nosy. It's our job... and not always one we volunteered for. Can anyone say, "oops!"?

To the original poster - applying for a job in 5 places isn't enough. Your mom might be pushing you so you see what the real world is like now that you're out of school. You can't say, 'well, I did what I had to do, now I'll sit back and wait'. It just doesn't work that way. You have to keep going out there to get what you want/need. It might just be her way of preparing you.

As for nosy, parents are paranoid where their kids' safety is concerned. And we also have better memories than most people think. We were teens, too. We KNOW what you're doing because we did it also, and that scares the hell out of us.

Some go to an extreme, but mostly, pushy and nosy parents are just trying to keep their kids alive and happy. Give them a break next time. They're doing it out of love.

Good Point! I was just in a really bad mood the day I posted this and my mom just pushed me over the edge and I needed to vent. Thanks for listening and your insight. I'm going to keep on looking and putting my name in at places. Thanks, you are the best!! :-)

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 06, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian MAY-niac wrote:

I'm going to keep on looking and putting my name in at places. Thanks, you are the best!! :-)

<hugs> You're quite welcome.

Psst.... tell the above to your mom. ;-)

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

~im a fool~

Posted: 18 Jun 06, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my grandma does not trust me with the internet. im a computer wizz! i know what im doing. whether she believes it or not!

your words. not mine.
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 06, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Er, my parents have never been nosey about what I do on the internet... :S

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 06, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Lisser wrote:

Trust me.

Amen!!

I'm not fucked up.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!