Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Great Topic #1: i believe " Hot Space " album is the worst of all ( shit )

forum rss feed
Author

deacyamp user not visiting Queenzone.com
deacyamp
Rocker: 27 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 02:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I relly adore queen songs and guyz and really love their 70's songs ( one bye one ) . but the album " hot space " makes me angry. if I see one of the guyz someday (Brian,Roger or even John!) , i would talk about it and would ask "why your minds was in lowest level while you were making 'Hot Space' ? " . . . well , musicvideos of the album cant compare with the rests . Roger's solo album in the same year is very better than the Band's album . oh shit ! if john didn't write the only listenable song , "back chat" , the album had nothing to listen for a REAL QUEEN FAN .

I've known many Queen Fanz in queenzone. but 70% of them don't realise what I mean .you know? they are queen fan 'cause they like queen songs . there are not many REAL QUEEN FAN really.

look i don't hate the album .what i'm saying is : this album is not Comparable with the rest albums and i think they were not serious about writing. (their minds were down) .

i wish i could erase "hot space" from Queen's discography. haha !

I'm just livin' on my own...
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 03:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I enjoy Queen because they are versatile. Fuck you if you think versatility sucks

Nothing wrong with that album, in fact some countries consider it their best album. I'm glad they did it, and I'm sure Freddie was too. Try new things, why not? Why not write songs similar the ones you listen to? That's the music Freddie and John listened to at the time, so fuck you if you have a problem of writing something they want to write. It's not your music, it's theirs.

You are correct, this album is not comparable. This happens to be Queen's best DANCE album. Different genre. But remember, this album did have rock songs as well.

It'd get boring listening to the same style music all the time.

I like Hot Space better than Queen II... I guess I'm not a real Queen fan, just because I like a certain Queen album you don't like.

Hey, Queen did different styles of music... rockabilly, rock, hard rock, love ballads, vaudville, operatic rock... and disco and soul. I happen to like this album best due to the dance tracks. You might say it's not as rockish as all their other albums, but I don't give a fuck. That's not why I like this album. I like something to dance to. And I like Queen's versatility. Sorry that you can't give them credit for writing an album that wasn't the same as every other album they did.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Once again, Hot Space gets a right bolloking! It ain't THAT bad. I agree that it's not the best, but there are a good handful of songs on there that I like.

Peace,
Adam.

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 06:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really don't understand why people hate Hot Space so much, yes it's different to anything they'd done and not necessarily their best, but I'd always take Hot Space before A Kind Of Magic, The Miracle and The Works. There are some bad songs on there, like 'Cool Cat', but then so does almost every Queen album.

osmondbear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think its a great album. I like most of the songs there. (Peace man! People have different tastes)

Queen is the greatest rock band in the whole universe! Freddie Mercury will always be in my heart! I love him very much!
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 09:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I started a topic on this in serious, it got quite good.. I love Hot Space

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Hot Space is a great album, but not really for "Queen."

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It may not be totally Queenie... but i still really like it.
When i bought it i couldn't stop listening to it for weeks!
So yes, alot of the songs are very good, unique and catchy...with the odd exception of Body Language (which isn't one of their best)
However, i don't know why so many Queen fans hate it. Yes, it may not be totally within the usual 'Queen genre' and may contain one or two weak tracks... but it still deserves recognition for the rest. "It's only a bloody record!!!" lol They didn't lose their rock n roll feel.

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Huge*Queen*Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok i havent heard it yet but im working my way 2 get it! but like Freddie said, they were only trying out some stuff because of the era type thing, and Brian said that the album was poorly timed but o well!

"And still I fear and still I dear not laugh at the mad man" - Brian May

Bri is soooo HOT!!!
mercury20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hot Space was meant to be a totally fresh album-a kind of funk direction if you like.The big problem was the reception in the U.s.A who were really expecting something similar to The Game which was such a huge hit over there.Queens policy was to try new and fresh ideas rather than stick to the same format but you can't please everybody as freddie used to say.Anyway,some of the tracks are really strong like Life Is Real and especially Las Palabras De Amor and it was probably released at the wrong time if that makes any sense! Michael Jackson is on record saying that Hot Space influenced Thriller and you can see where George Michael got some of his vocal style from as well.You are of couse entitled to your opinion but to say that it is shit may upset certain Queen members-You sound like a critic! OK then it is not one of Queens masterpieces but it is still creative and different and it is interesting that in the U.s it is now quite well received since the remasters-perhaps a re release of Break free is due eh? Hope you like the other albums......Goodnight!

Aquillas user not visiting Queenzone.com
Omul invizibil
Aquillas
Bohemian: 613 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hot Space is a great album!!! The videos are quite good too!!! I can't understand why so many people disconsider this album...only because it's mainly based on other genres of music besides rock?
Hey, don't go..."criticising all you see"!!!

www.queenpedia.com - The Queen encyclopedia
Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if you don't like it, don't buy it or hear it, for me it's great, love every song there.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't LOVE Hot Space and I don't HATE Hot Space. :P

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

side two is totally fine, Under Pressure is the best one there, but I also like Calling All Girls and Life Is Real. Las Palabras de Amor is really great-- that's how Queen pushes the envelope best, a song in Japanese, a song in Spanish, there's gotta be some French and Farsi in their catalogue somewhere...The Cool Cat demo w/David Bowie is worth having as a real bonus track. BUT side one-- ohh..."Staying Power" live such as MK Bowl and "Action This Day" really sound more "Queen" -- why? imho the horns for example on the album version (though good on their own, and Arif Mardin's got a lot of songs to his credit) don't stack up to Freddie's own vocal improv as we hear on MK Bowl. Vocal improv= more Freddie, more Queen. I like it that John played rhythm guitar on "Staying Power" live, with keyboards bass, that's also Queen breaking free from the previous album's material. But the arrangement that shows up on the Hot Space album doesn't seem to capture the engery of the live version for me either. Same for "Action This Day."

No it's not the worst thing that's been done, although Robbie Williams' attempt at WATC rivals only William Hung's WATC. Which might be the more fabulous of the two, but that's another thread.

Yes there are some catchy melodies on side one HS but gimme the live version please!

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My second favorite Queen album.....and off to the gallows for anyone who says I'm not a real Queen fan for having that opinion, as the original poster implied. Well, actually he didn't imply it....he explicitly stated it.

bgordon88 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 80 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The album is full of good songs and good music .... period.
It's not ANATO and may not be to your taste but that's all.
So many people call a particular type of music shite if it's not to their taste and in the end that's very disrespectful of the talent and efforts of the people involved. I mean Abba were not to my taste but they weren't shite.

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flash Gordon is the worst Queen album. End of.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Freddie89 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Freddie89
Bohemian: 245 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know why so many people hate Hot Space. To be honest I think it's quite a good album. I think all of the songs are good on it!!!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]innuendo1990 wrote: [/QUOTENAME]

im losing weight[/QUOTE]
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 06, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My music tastes dont fit everything on Queen II

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
deacyamp user not visiting Queenzone.com
deacyamp
Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 06, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

" this is me again ."

Great Comments.

look; I didn't say that i hate hot space . just said when Freddie, Roger ,John and Brian are gathering together to make an album beside each other , the album must be great like the rests.

the songs in Hot Space are not bad. but Queen is more great than those songs.

"just look at all those hungry lyrics we have to listen . " lyrics are not good like the rests either.

one of the SO MANY reasons i love Queen is they do new things in each album and don't do the same they've done in previous work. it's very good.

music like Hot Space is not rare in the world of music. once again i say that i dont hate the songs like Under Pressure(great) or Back Chat .

hey if you want to listen to dance music with lyrics which convey sexual topics , there are many bands and artists you would like them.we want Queen for Concept Albums.

I'm just livin' on my own...