Forums > Queen - General Discussion > The Cross - Teaming up again?

forum rss feed
Author

I.Love.Queen. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jun 06, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hello,
I was just wondering if anyone has heard at anytime of roger teaming up again with the cross. I for one would love that to happen if at all possible. Heres hoping :0)

Bryan.

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 06, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VERY Unlikely. There have been no rumours of this so I seriously doubt it. Besides, It seems that Roger is now the full time Queen drummer again.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 06, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And he seems to be doing fairly well, too. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 06, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think there is about as much chance of that happening as there is Queen taking part in a reality talent contest!... wait I got that wrong somehow?

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
scprof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 06, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They haven't completely gone their seperate ways. Spike is playing with Q+PR and Josh McCrae is part of the crew as well. So that only leaves 2 of them unaccounted for.

Death to Rapidshare. Long Live BitTorrent!!
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 06, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peter & Clayton have moved on to other bands (clayton's in Then Jerico I think), Josh is now RT's producer...

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 06, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson wrote:

And he seems to be doing fairly well, too. ;)

Understatement

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Cross were dumped by their record company in 1990 when it came to light that Queen would be recording and releasing Innuendo.

EMI did not want anything to get in the way of that and, therefore, discourged The Cross by withdrawing support for the planned UK tour to support Blue Rock. Roger, understandably, was pretty pissed off that such a great band was treated so badly.

I'd love The Cross to re-form; a better option that Queen + Paul Rodgers in my book!

Benn
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not overly surprizing, the Cross gigs I went too were not troubled by too many fans.

Shame they were good, certainly Live they rocked, but Queen was always going to be the main band for Roger, I don't think he ever really thought they'd get in the way of that.

However my vote would definatly be for him to focus on Q+PR at the moment, if you want to see rock they are your boys!

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"