Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Rude People...

forum rss feed
Author

FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 07:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of young (teenage generally) girls tend to be more rude to Queen fans than young guys? Maybe this is just in my experience, but generally guys go "Yay! Queen! We Will Rock You was awesome..." or whatnot, whereas I've had a few... choice... reactions from female classmates.

Such as:

This one girl back in freshman year walked up to me and asked if I had AIDS. Upon replying, "Uh, no, why?" She said that since I liked someone with it, I probably have it.

And then I had a girl who I considered a friend ditch me as a friend because I "love a dead gay guy."

Ah, the tolerance of my generation. Ugh.

"Brian May, Freddie will."
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not just your generation I'm afraid, it spans time, however I will admit there are more than our fair share of numpties around here!

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
thenymphinyellow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddiesGhettoTrench wrote:

And then I had a girl who I considered a friend ditch me as a friend because I "love a dead gay guy."

I know exactly what you mean... the "in love with a dead gay guy" thing... i have heard those exact words many times over. I think it annoys me most that I dont make fun of other peoples music, yet, people think they have a right to make fun of the music i like... ooooohhhh welll!!!!:D

see ya later aligator!

"One dump, one turd, two tits, John Deacon. One heart, one goal, one sex position." haha... oh dear!!
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of young (teenage generally) girls tend to be more rude to Queen fans than young guys? Maybe this is just in my experience, but generally guys go "Yay! Queen! We Will Rock You was awesome..." or whatnot, whereas I've had a few... choice... reactions from female classmates.

Such as:

This one girl back in freshman year walked up to me and asked if I had AIDS. Upon replying, "Uh, no, why?" She said that since I liked someone with it, I probably have it.

shhh

Chom own mudder fukker.
Bohemian MAY-niac/Deaconite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 327 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Such as:

I know how you feel! I had to put up with it when I was in school. People can be so cruel. Just ignore those people and be proud of the fact that you love Queen. That's what I did. Don't be afraid to talk about them or listen to them, because of what other people think. Freddie was a great man! I'm behind you, hun, 100%!! :-)

I love John Deacon and Brian May!!!
deadbird user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

we live in a world of 2 types of people. People who understand, and people who dont.

My art teacher said that they way he heard Freddie had died was througha CURRENT EVENT. He was in high school, and some fat kid just sat up with a current event topic and said, "that fag from Queen died." My teacher said he jumped from his seat with this incredible pain in his chest and said, "Freddie's dead??"

to us, Freddie is immesurably specail. he's a friend. hes a person. I've gone through the whole thing... many times. We all have. "That dead gay guy" "that guy with AIDS" all the weird looks and jokes and smiles... Ive nearly, and I mean it-- SLAPPED someone for it. I nearly cried and Slapped someone. Thats sure somthing to look back on.

It sucks, baby, and its not just girls. Its people. Personally its been mostly guys for me. Girls have been pretty considerate to me about how mcuh he really means to me. but then some guys have too... people will be people of either way, either way.

Thing is, it doesnt matter. No matter what Theyre missing out on, it doesnt make freddie any less incredible, beautiful, precious, and alive inside of our hearts.

theGRAYSONATOR loves me.
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the GIRLZ are back in town wrote:

God I know exactly what you mean. At my school my friends either think its hilarious or God-awful that I'm obsessed with Queen and slag them off. People at my school ask me why I only like 'old dead guys' I always explain that only Freddie Mercury died.
Stupid Quotes:
'Well Tessa[me], no offence but liking Queen doesn't make you cool in fact it makes you the exact opposite' no offence darling but slagging me off doesn't make you cool. It makes you the exact opposite.
'They[Queen]are an average band whose songs all sound the same' showing yourself to be a serious ignoramus there. And then there are the exaggerated sighs and groans when you start talking about them. That is all from girls

Oh my God, everything in your post applies to me!

-Things Have Changed For Me-
deadbird user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

or Irresistible.

theGRAYSONATOR loves me.
Mean Mr. Ketchup user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mean Mr. Ketchup
Bohemian: 234 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

please pleae, dont see all young people like that, i am 13 and i love queen, not just the general albums, i love bootlegs, demos, stuff like that i hate it when people see me as wierd for liking queen, and i know its better than anything that gets the name 'music' today

"Come in," she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

deadbird wrote:

we live in a world of 2 types of people. People who understand, and people who dont.

My art teacher said that they way he heard Freddie had died was througha CURRENT EVENT. He was in high school, and some fat kid just sat up with a current event topic and said, "that fag from Queen died." My teacher said he jumped from his seat with this incredible pain in his chest and said, "Freddie's dead??"

to us, Freddie is immesurably specail. he's a friend. hes a person. I've gone through the whole thing... many times. We all have. "That dead gay guy" "that guy with AIDS" all the weird looks and jokes and smiles... Ive nearly, and I mean it-- SLAPPED someone for it. I nearly cried and Slapped someone. Thats sure somthing to look back on.

It sucks, baby, and its not just girls. Its people. Personally its been mostly guys for me. Girls have been pretty considerate to me about how mcuh he really means to me. but then some guys have too... people will be people of either way, either way.

Thing is, it doesnt matter. No matter what Theyre missing out on, it doesnt make freddie any less incredible, beautiful, precious, and alive inside of our hearts.

Well said Deadbird... That was absolutely beautiful and i agree 1002156303512645564385434% .....

And I get that too. But i really could care less. They dont understand why i love Queen, nor what i've gone through in my life to bring me to my love of Queen.
Like i was sooooo excited about going to the Q+PR Show, and a few people i know were like grilling me about Queen cuz they thought it was funny. Then i got the "Well if that gay guys dead, then why the hell go? Their old" or "Wow, thats gay, and He had AIDS"... And i said BECAUSE THEY FUCKIN ROCK!! THEY COULD KICK ANY OF YOUR BANDS ASSES! And they make the best music ever...But i didnt even go into the fact that they are some of the sexiest men that ever lived, cuz id never live THAT down, but i do share that with one or two other people who love them as well... ;-D

I dont make fun of the things they listen too... Just because I dont like it, doesnt give me a right to mock it because i Love something else....

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

deadbird wrote:

My art teacher said that they way he heard Freddie had died was througha CURRENT EVENT. He was in high school, and some fat kid just sat up with a current event topic and said, "that fag from Queen died."

Ugh!!! I really hate it when people refer to Freddie like that. I mean, damn, Freddie was a miracle... He had an awesome voice, he was an ultra-talented songwriter, and even with all that talent he was still a sweet, loyal man. But noooo the general unwashed masses would rather just think of him as whatever anti-gay ephihet they happen to have in their vocabulary on that particular day.

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, Franz Ferdinand are great! :O

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's weird. I know there are assholes everywhere. I've been a Queen fan since early 1992, I was 10 years old, almost 11 but the people I knew didn't bother me for it. Some of them even held me in a positive conception because they knew I loved the band and I knew everything there was to know about them. Not all of them liked Queen but the people that didn't know a lot about music didn't bother me with personal things about Queen or its band members.

I listened to some stupid rumours and misconceptions about the band from friends and people I knew but I usually told them the real story and they understood it. I mean, I don't expect anybody to know a lot of things about Queen. Actually, I've been very pleasantly surprised. I once met this taxi driver in my home town, he saw I had some CDs in my hands and asked to look at them. He saw the NOTW cover and asked if it was Iron Maiden (pronounced "Eeeeron My-den" as you would read the letters in spanish). Then he said "No, it's Queen... cool". Then he looked at my Another World CD and he read it: "Bree-an My... he was Queen's guitarist, he built his own guitar, did you know that?". I was VERY surprised. This is a very humble guy who doesn't speak english at all and he knew the band, identified Brian May and knew a little story about it. I could stop grining all the way to my home in that taxi, hehe :).

Wiley

mercury20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know why you are all so emotional about what people think-Freddie didn't give a shit about what the'Little People'thought of him and lived his life the way he wanted to.He admired greatly hugely talented original people like himself and had all the time in the world for genuine fans who appreciated the music.So who cares what these idiots think,do you really think they will achieve that level of success? I think not! In the industry Queen are now regarded as the ultimate supergroup that have inspired this generation as much as any and the Gay Thing has no relevance at all-Are people really this ignorant about Aids? Like any terminal disease it is a Horrible way to go-I will not elaborate further.I suggest you round these Morons up and give them a grilling in front of Mr Cowell to prove how useless they are.

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went to the music store to buy a new Queen CD for my collection the other day. As I was getting ready to check out, this guy and his kid were standing behind me and they saw my CD. I heard them say: "Oh, she must listen to a GAY band." I was really hurt and offended by that and the clerk told me to just shrug it off and enjoy the CD. Apperantly, he liked Queen too. I felt better, gave the kid and the guy a dirty look, and walked out of there with my head held high. People can be so cruel. Freddie was a special man with a wonderful talent. Why can't people accept Freddie for who he was instead for what he died of? I don't care, I'm still going to blast Queen thru the car's stereo with the windows rolled down and a smile on my face. We love you Freddie!!!

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 19:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well my aunt loves to bring up the fact that freddie was gay whenever i talk about queen...
(and shes a huge elton john fan *cough*hypocrite*cough*)
anywho, my grandmother gets this like look on her face like omg, i cant believe her parents let her do that...
Then i get the dumbass questions like "oh, is that why the bands called queen?"
and i freak... i start ranting...
my other aunt gave me another good comeback though, she said j/ say "yea so am i so whats the big deal?" and walk away...
wow that would really freak them out! lol
but its more trouble than its worth since im not...
but it pisses me off... dont define Queen by Freddie being gay or having AIDS, they were totally separate from the music they made. THEY MADE AMAZING FREAKIN MUSIC!!
Changed my life, and thats whats important. and they were good people.

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DreaminQueen wrote:

well my aunt loves to bring up the fact that freddie was gay whenever i talk about queen...
(and shes a huge elton john fan *cough*hypocrite*cough*)
anywho, my grandmother gets this like look on her face like omg, i cant believe her parents let her do that...
Then i get the dumbass questions like "oh, is that why the bands called queen?"
and i freak... i start ranting...
my other aunt gave me another good comeback though, she said j/ say "yea so am i so whats the big deal?" and walk away...
wow that would really freak them out! lol
but its more trouble than its worth since im not...
but it pisses me off... dont define Queen by Freddie being gay or having AIDS, they were totally separate from the music they made. THEY MADE AMAZING FREAKIN MUSIC!!
Changed my life, and thats whats important. and they were good people.

I agree. It pisses me off too when people define Queen by Freddie as being gay or having AIDS. People are just A$$holes. We LOVE QUEEN and WE should be DAMN PROUD of loving them and their music!!!!

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian MAY-niac wrote:

I agree. It pisses me off too when people define Queen by Freddie as being gay or having AIDS. People are just A$$holes. We LOVE QUEEN and WE should be DAMN PROUD of loving them and their music!!!!

Damn straight! I don't see how people seem to think they have a right to define what everyone else does. Some people must have no lives.

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm afraid I get it from everyone...
The girls either ask "who's Queen", or "Why do you listen to old peoples music?" or they just laugh. The guys say "Queen sucks" or "Queen are gay" or "why do you listen to a gay man?"

Oh dear..and these are the people of the future

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Queen_Rox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1572 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 06, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys must never let these people humiliate or taunt you just because you're a Queen fan. They're just ignorant idiots, so don't listen to them. Just listen to Queen's music 'cause it's your preference.