Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Does anyone know

forum rss feed
Author

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jun 06, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you're too poor to buy their 1st album - buy 'Queen at the Beeb'.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 06, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why is it that all those who cry 'I can not afford official product...' do so on the internet?

In otherwords, they own a PC - and ALSO pay for an internet provider. By default, they must also own some sort of musical playback equipment (whether DVD, CD or MP3).

Please explain how someone on the breadline can afford all these luxuries - yet not afford a cheap basement CD on price reduction?

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 06, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you can get the first album (used) on amazon for about £5 - $7 - don;t be a cheapskate

go deo na h√Čireann
John S Stuart

Posted: 24 Jun 06, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Double post for some reason!

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 06, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's always napster.com. :P

-Things Have Changed For Me-
John S Stuart

Posted: 24 Jun 06, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Invisible Queen wrote:

the_hero wrote:

The Invisible Queen wrote:

why do you have to be the *tries not to curse* to support this person! I ask you to remove the link you provided as it is official material and shouldn't be posted here.

Sorry. I really didn't know that, or I would not post it. I don't want to cause more trouble. How can I remove it now?

How can you miss it - it is plastered all over the site : Do NOT post official material.

The reason for this is that such thoughtlessness can get this site closed down, and then where will we go?

Just purchase the bloody albums - and ignore all such trolls.

Reg Mombassa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 06, 20:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Why is it that all those who cry 'I can not afford official product...' do so on the internet?

In otherwords, they own a PC - and ALSO pay for an internet provider. By default, they must also own some sort of musical playback equipment (whether DVD, CD or MP3).

Please explain how someone on the breadline can afford all these luxuries - yet not afford a cheap basement CD on price reduction?

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Digitube user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 06, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah well...Back in the old days, older fans like me, had to wait for allowence or salary to get out and buy a Queen album. It took me more then a year before I had every album from Queen til A Kind Of Magic. Yes, AKOM. I'm talking 1986 here...

Nobody of us ever heard about a thing called internet, CD was something new, and if you had told anyone in 1986 " ah well, not so far from now, we will be able to buy empty CD's for a scratch and put music on them ourselves " you would probably been put into a niiiiiice white house with nice young men in clean white coats and trees and flowers and tjirping birds and basketweavers who sit and smile and fiddle their thumbs and toes <-)

So: maybe there is a hidden question in this post....is the current generation of fans a somehow spoiled one because all they have to do is turn on the PC, get on the net, surf a little, and download the songs to get them, where we (the older generation) had to pay for with our hard earned money decennia ago?

Anyway, Girlz back in town, if you need some help on Queen songs and you have msn:

add: musicalprostitute@hotmail.com

And maybe I can get you in a good mood ;-)

I can make a bigger bang than that dear <-)
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 06, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From my experience I know girls usually spend money to various stuff, but I think the current tendency that people can download their favorite ones with kind of ease is like a buffet-style meal in which people can take what they like and don't have to take what they dislike. Well, I recommend buying official CDs or at least borrowing that album from someone who owns it ( if you can). Just my opinion...

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 06, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Digitube wrote:

Ah well...Back in the old days, older fans like me, had to wait for allowence or salary to get out and buy a Queen album. It took me more then a year before I had every album from Queen til A Kind Of Magic. Yes, AKOM. I'm talking 1986 here...

Nobody of us ever heard about a thing called internet, CD was something new, and if you had told anyone in 1986 " ah well, not so far from now, we will be able to buy empty CD's for a scratch and put music on them ourselves " you would probably been put into a niiiiiice white house with nice young men in clean white coats and trees and flowers and tjirping birds and basketweavers who sit and smile and fiddle their thumbs and toes <-)

So: maybe there is a hidden question in this post....is the current generation of fans a somehow spoiled one because all they have to do is turn on the PC, get on the net, surf a little, and download the songs to get them, where we (the older generation) had to pay for with our hard earned money decennia ago?

Anyway, Girlz back in town, if you need some help on Queen songs and you have msn:

add: musicalprostitute@hotmail.com

And maybe I can get you in a good mood ;-)

Well i have the internet etc, but i prefer to save my money and buy the CD's because its always nice to have the sleeves etc. And i take pride in being able to buy my own things by earning the money to do so. So i suppose maybe this is a generalization?
I dont download music although i do burn them from time to time.
But I do consider myself lucky that I am able to get my hands on CD's, although getting my hands on Queen albums that arent ANATO are rather difficult where i live. But i do get them online. So in that aspect you are right.

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 06, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Melancholy Blues wrote:

From my experience I know girls usually spend money to various stuff, but I think the current tendency that people can download their favorite ones with kind of ease is like a buffet-style meal in which people can take what they like and don't have to take what they dislike. Well, I recommend buying official CDs or at least borrowing that album from someone who owns it ( if you can). Just my opinion...

lol I'm a girl and Id rather spend my money on CD's lol...
But in the words of Freddie "I'm just a musical Prostitute my dear!"

But its kinda good that people can pick and choose what they want. But its bad because it kind of creates a throw away society. Take what you want and Who cares about the rest? When there are really undiscovered gems on albums which arent hits, but people will never know of unless they buy the albums. Much like those who just take Queen's compilation albums. Nothing wrong with that at all, but they just dont know what they're missing!
Same with Beatles albums, theres sooo much awesome stuff that was never released as hits, but they are simply amazing and perfect.
*Sighs*
More for those who love it though! :-D

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 06, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

okay okay, I have your problem solved.

www.limewire.com

get the free version, you get all the free Queen songs you want.

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not