Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Why is their three version off Living On My Own

forum rss feed
Author

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jun 06, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddies son wrote:

I have always wonderd why their is three versions off this song can anybody explain this please

Do you mean, 'I have always wondered why there are three versions of this song...', if so, the answer is really easy - money.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 06, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope it won't kill your belief in the world, but there are about 13 or 14 versions of this song.

Please be more specific when you're asking the question

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 06, 04:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's amazing to think that the instrumentation in every single version sounds like balls. Why can't they make one that sounds nice, it's such a good vocal performance. It deserves better than the 'demo' button.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 06, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good call Zebonka...they need to get some REAL musicians in there and cut a decent backing track for it!! Lol...I know you're all going to hate me for this, but it would be nice to see what Brian and Roger could do with this one!!

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 06, 05:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

now good call chefman5150! real instruments should do well!!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 06, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hah and I thought I was alone! :P

But seriously, there are songs that Queen did as a group or as solo things, that really need work. One Year of Love sounds like poo with those awful karaoke-machine "click" sounds and that bloody saxophone. Living On My Own is just another example of a song that would *really* kick arse if they just did something decent with it.
I think if they'd given it a treatment somewhere between You Don't Fool Me or Another One Bites the Dust, it'd sound great.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 06, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Hah and I thought I was alone! :P

But seriously, there are songs that Queen did as a group or as solo things, that really need work. One Year of Love sounds like poo with those awful karaoke-machine "click" sounds and that bloody saxophone. Living On My Own is just another example of a song that would *really* kick arse if they just did something decent with it.
I think if they'd given it a treatment somewhere between You Don't Fool Me or Another One Bites the Dust, it'd sound great.

No, you're definitely not alone on this one. I love both of these songs and could probably like them even more if Brian and Roger give them some more attention. Great songs.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!