Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Why Is Queen Shit?

forum rss feed
Author

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do alot of year 7's know about good music? Most of them hardly know their left from right!
Probably too busy listening to rappers talking about drugs and guns and alcohol and having sex with whores. Just goes to show little brats like that are brats because of their 'role models'.
Its good that people of your age are more interested in real music like Queen.

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It´s only mentals or perverts who says that Queen sucks around a Queen fan... They must really like getting kicked, and spanked, and hitted :s... Otherwise, they just want atention...¨

my apologies if that did´nt make sense to you guys :p

O_o
deadbird user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theyre dumb, just dont care.

theGRAYSONATOR loves me.
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People at my school think I'm gay or something because I listen to Queen. And 90% of everyone at my school listen to death metal or something like that.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have that problem all the time.
It's the same old fricking cliches, too.
Dumb kid:Aren't all of Queen gay?
Me:No. Aren't all of Mayhem suicidal?

Back whenever
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those 7th graders are shitheads, plain and simple! :D

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well thats normal, that's taste in music, you should be proud of what u listen, Queen is a great band with fantastic music my friend, ignore what people say.
Saint Lennon said "People say im crazy doin what im doin".

And well, now not all music is shit, there's a lot of new bands playin good rock and roll. It's obvious that it's difficul create a new style, but they're making good music, i love some new bands

Loser in the end!!!
as it began user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some people in my school actually like them... well this one girl only likes them because she is a musical theater freak and she likes We Will Rock You.

skiqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

they couldnt recognize good music if it hit them on the head

"Boredom is the biggest disease in the whole world, darling."

Unfortunately, I have it.

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.sheer.heart.attack. wrote:

I'm actually finding that older bands like Queen, Beatles, Led Zep etc. are becoming some sort of a "fashion". Even last year people looked at me like I was crazy when I said i liked Queen. Now, people seem to think it's cool that I like old bands.

O M G!!
That pisses me off sooo much! That kids are thinking of liking classic rock bands as a "Fad"... They make kick ass music...ITs the most influential and amazing stuff to ever grace the planet...
Like my friend talked to this girl who had a Jim Morrison pin on her bag and my friend goes "Wow, Jim Morrison, the Doors, awesome! They're a great band"
The girl with the pin preceeded to answer "who? The Doors? Who's Jim Morrison?"
My friend said "The guy on your pin..." (disgust growing within us)
Girl: "Oh, i didnt know that, i just bought it cuz he was hott..."

AAAHHH!
Or these like fab worshippers owning a Pink Floyd T-shirt or Zeppelin Shirt when they couldnt name a song from either band if they tried....
Follow trends if you want, i really dont care, but atleast know something about what youre sort of advertising!!!!

PlanetMercury15 user not visiting Queenzone.com
PlanetMercury15
Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 06, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone I know said weren't they gay talking about Queen and I said only Freddie and he said that makes them all gay

"This is not cheap meat you're looking at!"

"One shrimp, one frog, one clam, one chicken!"

- Freddie Mercury
OhioBobcat555 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 28 Jun 06, 00:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay... and teenagers here especially... listen up. I am now 26. I have been a HUGE Queen fan since 1992. I was 12 then. Yeah Wayne's World got me hooked.

Some advice: Growing up in the U.S. especially where gays are considered still to be more than odd, you have to fight that battle just by calling yourself a "Queen" fan. It is absord. That is why it makes me even more angry with popular U.S. media as Rolling Stone that does not recognize Queen for what they truly were.

Anyways, I am a straight man. I love Queen. There were times in my crazy life that I was very defensive for admitting admiration for Queen b/c somehow "gay" is associated all around. And for being a guy, I especially did not like that.

So, instead everytime bogus comments were made, I made sure to enlighten people that as a matter of fact, Queen kicked the shit out of other great bands of their era, and there is a reason why so many bands look up to them today. I make sure to mention that Foo Fighters and Green Day cover Queen. This sounds really strange but for those that only associate Queen with "gay", it instantly makes them more comfortable. Maybe that was it for me.

Anyways, I've been in a band. We have jammed with other musicians. At the end of the day, people are well aware I love Queen and what I have found now in my 20's is that Queen is damn cool... and people are not discovering it... just admitting it. So, be comfortable with it and enjoy the ride. Queen's legacy will continue to grow and you will look cooler in the end.

George Dubya Bush is an international terrorist and the worst president ever...
RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 28 Jun 06, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dont listen to them darling, they know nothing about good music...and the sad thing is that a lot of rappers out nowadays sample from Queen, and other rock bands, not just rock bands, but bands period!!!

Dont let those people kill your love for Queen!!!

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts

Posted: 28 Jun 06, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you realize how boring it would be if everyone liked what you did?

You would actually start to hate Queen because the sameness of it all would drive you nuts.

Food for thought.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 28 Jun 06, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same, I'm in the USA. I remember people asking me when I was very young if Queen were all gay... it was either that or they said "it's the band where the lead singer was gay and/or died of AIDS".. they always knew Freddie's name, but never knew the rest. I suppose that's so.. but a lot know the other members name, because as you grow older, particularly in boys, they get out of the top 40 of today music, and listen to classic rock. The majority of the girls I know, only listen to top 40 music. A lot of them, I'll mention the name Freddie Mercury, they haven't a clue. With boys, it's like they were born knowing the name. I hate it when people haven't a clue who Queen are, or any classic rock band for that matter. I've had people tell me I'm an idiot for liking classic rock... and the comments always come from people around aged 13 - 14. They haven't a clue. The more child like you are, the more you'll like the top 40 music.

When I was young and first got into Queen, I kept it a secret, due to the strange lyrics (totally un-like any other band's lyrics), and also the gay thing. But at the same time I knew it was popular, but different music was coming out and kids my age just didn't like Queen as much as older people do.

In the 1980s, teens didn't buy Queen, it was more like music for adults. That's why they appeared on adult shows like 'Entertainment Tonight' a few times.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 28 Jun 06, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"why is queen shit?"

umm theyre not? kids are ignorant, they dont what theyre talkin about

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
val 29467 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 28 Jun 06, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know what you mean, yesterday a guy from my class was saying that Queen is shit, but he asked me what band a kind of magic and under pressure where from. My god, he went to We Will Rock You a month ago!! You have stupid people and very stupid people

but you don't give me comfort and a man's gotta get it somewhere -brian may

i'll give you comfort brian XD
no one but you 28112 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PlanetMercury15 wrote:

Someone I know said weren't they gay talking about Queen and I said only Freddie and he said that makes them all gay

That sounds familiar! And only the 7th graders say so. I've heard that from many people. My friend doesn't believe me when I say that WWRY & WATC are Queen's songs. The only cool thing today is to listen every new song even if the singers don't have talent. Talent is not important. Being able to be at newspapers is most important

Moon Godess user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the GIRLZ are back in town; I am only 15 years old and I ADORE Queen (well Freddie Mercury mostly!)

But its true...many of my age think Queen is total shit! I remember once I was listening to Bo rhap and I aske a friend of mine if she liked it...she told me "it sucks; yuck" I was angry...and then asked her to listen to AOBTD and thought the same...(and I gave up!)

In Malta...I can't even find their lyrics and chords...and when I asked 4 them ..the libratian looked at me in a gaze as if she would have liked to say " Are you crazy??"

It's so unfair!

J.M.Zammit
PlanetMercury15 user not visiting Queenzone.com
PlanetMercury15
Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 12 Jul 06, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that's like in the stores and stuff they sell today's crappy cds and so called "music" when they have like 1 Queen cd which I already have and like 50 cds of new artists im like where's the Queen?!!!!!!

"This is not cheap meat you're looking at!"

"One shrimp, one frog, one clam, one chicken!"

- Freddie Mercury