Forums > Queen - General Discussion > My (controversial) e-mail to Brian May

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jun 06, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Queen fans,
Here is a letter that I plan on e-mailing to Brian May as part of his weekly questions and answers:

To Brian,
Is it true that you are now officially credited as having written "I Want It All?" After all, you are listed as the sole writer on several official releases. I wonder if you legally changed the songwriting credits. If so, then why not also change the many songs from "The Miracle" and "Innuendo" albums that were written by Freddie Mercury over to his credit? Would that not be fair, assuming that you want sole credit for "I Want It All?" Thank you,

My Name

Although the question will probably infuriate many Brain May fans, I think that it is legitimate.

Freddie89 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Freddie89
Bohemian: 245 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 06, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree, it's only fair!!!!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]innuendo1990 wrote: [/QUOTENAME]

im losing weight[/QUOTE]
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 06, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why are you telling us this?

If you want to e-mail Brian, just do it. Geez. I'm sure it won't be the first "controversial" e-mail he will have received in his life.

Or are you maybe seeking validation?

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
Freddie89 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Freddie89
Bohemian: 245 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 06, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ because its controversial ( as john from the big brother house used to say) LOL :P!!!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]innuendo1990 wrote: [/QUOTENAME]

im losing weight[/QUOTE]
Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 06, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Beautiful Soup,
My goal in telling you all this is to see how mad you get. If you seem bored by it, then I will probably not even bother to send it at all. But if you get really mad and start calling me a fat pig or something, then I will definitely have to sent it A.S.A.P.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 06, 21:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=&#FF00CC">Lil*Queenie wrote:

ooooooooo i'll be waiting for the response!
xD

..now this has always puzzled me; does Brian read all the emails or does someone called Jen sort them out in to like suitable emails and non suitable..if not who is Jen and what does she do?

:S

thanks.

Jen sorts them out, if she sees emails that are stupid to her, like "OMG I LOVE BRIAN MAY YOUR THE BEST, YOUR SO SEXY" Blah de blah de blah...Which isn't really relevent to Brian. Or questions that has already been asked, which I guess there is alot of that too.

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 06, 21:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

xD

..now this has always puzzled me; does Brian read all the emails or does someone called Jen sort them out in to like suitable emails and non suitable..if not who is Jen and what does she do?

thanks.

Jen sorts them out, if she sees emails that are stupid to her, like "OMG I LOVE BRIAN MAY YOUR THE BEST, YOUR SO SEXY" Blah de blah de blah...Which isn't really relevent to Brian. Or questions that has already been asked, which I guess there is alot of that too.

Do ya think he'd answer fan mail if it's written formally, and without any of that "OMG OMG, UR SO SEXY" crap?? I wanted to send him an e-mail, but I'm afraid it would be sorted out as crap... :P

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 06, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fat Queen Pig wrote:

To Beautiful Soup,
My goal in telling you all this is to see how mad you get. If you seem bored by it, then I will probably not even bother to send it at all. But if you get really mad and start calling me a fat pig or something, then I will definitely have to sent it A.S.A.P.

At least you're upfront in your whoring for attention. Kudos

DJ's the man we love the most
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 06, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fat Queen Pig wrote:

To Beautiful Soup,

Pffft. Well, you do what you gotta do, I guess. Whatever your motivation is...

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 00:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fat Queen Pig wrote:

To Queen fans,
Here is a letter that I plan on e-mailing to Brian May as part of his weekly questions and answers:

To Brian,
Is it true that you are now officially credited as having written "I Want It All?" After all, you are listed as the sole writer on several official releases. I wonder if you legally changed the songwriting credits. If so, then why not also change the many songs from "The Miracle" and "Innuendo" albums that were written by Freddie Mercury over to his credit? Would that not be fair, assuming that you want sole credit for "I Want It All?" Thank you,

My Name

Although the question will probably infuriate many Brain May fans, I think that it is legitimate.

I'm not Brain but I have a very simple (and probably true) answer to this.

I Want It All was one of the first songs they tooled around on when beginning work on the album. It was pretty much completely written when "Queen" got their hands on it - but I assume Brian forfeited the writing credit just because it was what everyone else was doing.

A song like The Miracle has lyrical contributions from other people, doesn't it? And Innuendo was (despite being pretty much Freddie's song) partially based on riffs that Freddie heard the others doing?

I wasn't aware the writing credit had been changed. Perhaps it's not a good thing. However, your example is shit because you use songs that have different songwriting percentages in them anyway!

Your question shows you don't have a frigging clue. If I were you I'd find a magical program to 'unsend' it before you wind up looking a total dink.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 01:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni wrote:

Fat Queen Pig wrote:

To Beautiful Soup,

At least you're upfront in your whoring for attention. Kudos

Beautifully said.

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fat Queen Pig wrote:

To Beautiful Soup,

Oh no! You are holding Queenzone hostage! Our fate is in your hands!
We all know Brian will quit the music industry immediately and become an astromomer when he gets your email. Writing credits for all Queen songs will then move on to Paul Rodgers, eventually ending up in the greedy hands of Ben Elton.

So go ahead, make my day ........you fat pig!

Who Needs You user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will bet you a million bucks Brian never sees that e-mail. And besides what do you care? Either listen to the music or don't. The writing credits have nothing to do with you and are none of your business.

Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who Needs You wrote:

I will bet you a million bucks Brian never sees that e-mail. And besides what do you care? Either listen to the music or don't. The writing credits have nothing to do with you and are none of your business.

That's just the kind of pathetic attitude that we ought to see less of. This is a case of pricipal and you'd do well to understand that.

hj
FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's the big deal? I mean everyone could reasonably figure out I Want it All was a Brian song anyway. It's just confirming the obvious.

I mean, come on, it's like if Freddie changed the credit for Delilah. OOOH! THUNDER LIGHTENING!

"Brian May, Freddie will."
queensmyworld user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

xD

thanks.

Thanks..i thought that's what she does..but i wasn't sure.
xD

jessica shawki
Who Needs You user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Asterisk, a matter of principle? That is pathetic and laughable! Go out and feed some starving children instead of worrying about a controversy where there is none. Brian will never read the e-mail, bet me.

deadbird user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why do you care that you're emailing him? Does it involve you? are you bothered by some kind of INJUSTICE? is this not his business.... of which he has the knowlege that you do not....
whatever. it just seems kind of weird to send that. Like.... waht? Ok. who are you, "fan" person?

theGRAYSONATOR loves me.
Want To Live Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian Wont give a Fuck.

simple.

Interview?... oh, don't be ridiculous!
Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who Needs You wrote:

Asterisk, a matter of principle? That is pathetic and laughable! Go out and feed some starving children instead of worrying about a controversy where there is none. Brian will never read the e-mail, bet me.

Don't tell me, you're another Bono maniac- don't give me that weepy rubbish about starving children, it has nothing to do that. It is principal here, Brian May has tried to gain credit for a song that was credited to Queen. If he wishes to do that, then every song on the album should be re-examined in that way. You can't have it both ways. The only people who are pathetic and laughable are the ones who sit idly by and let Queen productions get away with murder.

hj