forum rss feed
Author

Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was sopporting the english team.
It was a tight game, what r your thougts?

:)
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awww, I liked England! :'((

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I support all European teams, so I don't care, but I have more friends in England, than in Portugal, so...

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They didn't deserve to win.

Not entirely convinced that Portugal did either on the actual match, but hitting 60% of your penalties is significantly better than the 25% England managed, so they can have no complaints. In theory.

In practice, there will be whining at the ref for making Carragher retake, questions in Parliament about Rooney's temperament, criticism of Portugal for falling over at the slightest touch (like Gerrard an both Coles do on a regular basis), abuse of Ericsson for his tactical nous (or lack thereof) throughout the tournament, etc etc

Putting Carragher on to take a penalty....oh my aching sides.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

there will be whining at the ref

Talking about refs:
http://www.valentinivanov.com

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not whining at the referee but there are too many red cards. Rooney had not been booked before the foul, the other player was not permanently hurt, there was not goal situation and it was unclear if the kick was intentional. Basically, I think it's better to book players for kicking than for complaining or for taking off the shirt (!) but in such a highly emotional match the referee should be relaxed a bit more. A yellow card should have been an option. Not sure if it was an option according to the FIFA rules, though.

A penalty shoot out is always unsatisfying and I am sorry England lost because they have the greatest fans next to the Dutch. The English fans added so much to the great spirit and fun of the world cup, they will be missed.

I do not want any google ads here.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 06, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=lime>KillerKing840 wrote:

YourValentine wrote:

Rooney had not been booked before the foul, the other player was not permanently hurt, there was not goal situation and it was unclear if the kick was intentional. Basically, I think it's better to book players for kicking than for complaining or for taking off the shirt (!) but in such a highly emotional match the referee should be relaxed a bit more. A yellow card should have been an option. Not sure if it was an option according to the FIFA rules, though.

A Portuguese player was fallen and Rooney stepped on his balls. Cristiano Ronaldo complained about that to the referee and Rooney pushed him for that.

How come he didn't deserve a red card?

He indeed deserved a red card. Simple as that.