Forums > Personal > Who's ya fav Beatle?

forum rss feed
Author

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love them all!
Paul - because he's been working non-stop through the years!
John - because of Imagine and unique song writing.
George - because he can be such a hippy with the style and Hare Krishna stuff. Also a fab voice.
Ringo - he's the underdog!

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You need to try Wings. They rock!

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul, of course. The Beatles would have been nothing without him.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Poo, again

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul, of course. The Beatles would have been nothing without him.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JOHN... the idealist. The man with the deep lyrics and writer of songs that inspired a whole generation... and the next ones to come.

PAUL... the hitman, I call him the hitman because everything this man writes is guaranteed to become a hit. The one who is not ashamed to write silly love songs and catchy tunes.

GEORGE... the quiet one, but nonetheless a very essential part of the band. George was the one who dared to experiment and take The Beatles in a direction and explore a musical territory where no other band has ever been before.

RINGO... the funny one. God knows what would have happened if Pete Best remained the drummer. Yet, Ringo was perhaps just meant to be.

I love ALL The Beatles, and I can't stomach those fuckin' stupid so called "Beatle fans" who constantly bash and take sides between John and Paul.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My favorite is John. My mom talked to him once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Go Pauliee!! :D

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Poo, again

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Steve.

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=330066><bold>old barrow-boy wrote:

Of the Beatles songs I tend to like Paul's songwriting the most, but they all complimented each other and I can't decide between their voices. Lennon, Harrison and McCartney might even be a stronger trio than Mercury, May, Taylor. They didn't have that obvious leadsinger, but all three of them could take the lead at any time. And on top of that they had the comic (and not to forget great) drummer Ringo who has his very special and confident way of singing.

As a threesome, Freddie, Brian and Roger don't hold a candle to Paul, John, and George.

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RINGO

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just like Queen, i cant pick a favorite member...
They're my second favorite band!
To me all four of them were essential to every ounce of their music. Hits and non-hit gems alike. Speaking of which, I'm listening to the white ablum disc one right now! :-P
HEY BUNGALO BILL!
I even enjoy all their solo stuff...

I'm currently reading THE BEATLES by Bob Spitz as well.

John- a truly emotive song writer despite his rebel/tough/goofball guy appearence... I love his vocals on TWIST and SHOUT, you can tell he always was willing to go far for what he loved...C'mon, who doesnt love ACROSS THE UNIVERSE?? or Imagine (albeit it was his solo, but im making a point here)

Paul- another poignant song writer of the group...He was a hitman for sure. I love his lil WOOOHS on the early stuff ;-D... he had a great voice too. Whether he took the lead or was backround, his silky voice always helped make unforgetable harmonies. I love his WINGS stuff too. And i highly recommend CHAOS AND CREATION IN THE BACKYARD, a fantatstic album...

George- very soft spoken member overall, but when he came up with some stuff, it could really make you go WOAH! And he doesnt get enough respect i think sometimes. His sitar on NORWEGIAN WOOD really really makes that song for me. And i dont know how many others like it, but i also like BLUE JAY WAY from Magical Mystery Tour... and DONT BOTHER ME. And his singing of Chuck Berry's ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN is fantatstic...And he had some great guitar skills too, defintaly one of my fave guitarists as well.

Ringo- Ah yes, he was an awesome fellow. Although didnt write much or sing (upfront) based on the Beatles catalouge, his songs were always fun. Like HONEY DONT and OCTOPUS'S GARDEN. And I WANNA BE YOUR MAN. I love watching him bounce about as he would drum. Always one with a joke and a good drummer, Ringo too is another underrated Beatle. He was made for them..

Who doenst love A Hard Days Night and HELP? lol those movies are hilarious...

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm probably the only Beatles fan who HATES 'A hard Days Night'.

Personally I don't know why the film is so praised? It's basically the exact same shit as 'Spice World' the only difference is that one of them there's a band of talented musicians.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 06, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Lennon.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 06, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yoko.

Killed by drones.
rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 06, 05:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#CC0066>Rachael wrote:

Ringo.

YEEES

RINGO RULES

Capo rachael e

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 06, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

John Lennon.

His son Julian is pretty frigging cool.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 06 Jul 06, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=&#FF00CC">Lil*Queenie wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

I love ALL The Beatles, and I can't stomach those fuckin' stupid so called "Beatle fans" who constantly bash and take sides between John and Paul.

So does that mean you're not a 'Queen fan' because you've chosen Brian over the others in your profile??

That's not what I am getting at.

In Queen's case, I might like Brian a bit more than the rest of the guys, but I truly hold a deep appreciation for all of them.

Now back to the subject of The Beatles...

The fact of the matter is that I know a lot of John Lennon fans who absolutely despise Paul. They blame Paul for The Beatles break-up, and constantly bash his songs for being catchy pop tunes. They even claim that Paul didn't care much when Lennon was shot.
In the same way I know there are Paul fans who dislike John, and blame him (as well as Yoko) for the split of the Beatles in 1970.

The truth is that both John and Paul were extremely talented musicians. So much to the point that it's very hard to claim one of more talented than the other. Both have their share of blame on breaking up The Beatles. They're both geniuses but yet human beings who make mistakes just like anyone of us.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 06, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I once murdered a beatle.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 06, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul, of course

Freedom of choice is what you've got