Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > New Album Discussion...

forum rss feed
Author

shootingstar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 01:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have had a few reports of studio time being considered in late fall/winter of 2006. I think an in-depth discussion new album contents is in order...

Personally, I think the new album should be mostly new material. I'd say either 100% new or about 80% new. 100% is self-explanatory. 80% is slightly more complicated; I think for every 8 songs, one Queen song remake and one Paul remake should be done. If, say, 12 or 13 new songs are made (less likely), then an additional Queen remake should happen.

What do y'all think? Am I on too many prescription drugs?

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 02:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well, it might work, but if they were to remake any songs, it would be ones written by only brian or roger. If Roger wanted to do a new version of Radio Ga Ga or I'm in love with my car, that would be cool with me, or Brian doing a new version of 39 or something....

but yeah if they release it they cant have the band billed as just Queen, it would be Queen + Paul Rodgers

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No remakes.
They can cover songs that they like(like Red House) by other artists but leave the Queen and Paul Rodgers catalogs alone.

Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

original songs, it would be cool

Loser in the end!!!
Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hope to hear many many songs with freddie on vocal. like brian has said many times there are many vocals with freddie to complete album so as many as they can get would be cool. now the new album could have maybe 13-14 songs with freddie on 3-4 on vocals, roger taylor on 2 and brian on 2 and paul on the other songs then.

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm sorry for double post, but i just remembered that there are songs like Rock It with freddie on vocals and maybe i'm in love with my car with freddie on vocals and newer version of it. it would be quite cool for me :D

chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

None of the older stuff should even be considered for a remake...that would just be wrong and hurtful. If they are to make a new album, by all means, and it probably will kick ass, but it needs to be all new stuff, or like the aforementioned-covers that they like (i.e. Red House and stuff like that). The remakes are on ROTC as far as I'm concerned. Let's see if Q+PR can take this in a new direction and kick some serious ass!!

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

taylor and may sure can cick rodgers ass if he doesn't rock on this album :D

dsmeer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with 5150. No remakes , kick back with new fresh rocking stuff. By the way another queen and VH fan?

Aquillas user not visiting Queenzone.com
Omul invizibil
Aquillas
Bohemian: 613 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's wait and see...

www.queenpedia.com - The Queen encyclopedia
Tribbiani1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Tribbiani1982
Rocker: 18 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 06, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've read somewhere (i forgot where) that there's definately gonna be tracks with freddie on it. Brian May said they have numerous songs with freddie which weren't finished yet. From 1980 - 1991. So maybe they don't even need Paul Rodgers!

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 06, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Martin van Nierop wrote:

I've read somewhere (i forgot where) that there's definately gonna be tracks with freddie on it. Brian May said they have numerous songs with freddie which weren't finished yet. From 1980 - 1991. So maybe they don't even need Paul Rodgers!

Made in Heaven II?!

Hell no.

Posted: 09 Jul 06, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=gold>SMI<font color=1>TTY wrote:

Martin van Nierop wrote:

Made in Heaven II?!

Hell no.

what's wrong with Made In Heaven?? you don't like the songs? i would do anything to hear freddie vocals on new album not that other singer ugly vocals, don't even care when were the songs recorded, if it's freddie on vocals then it's queen and it sounds like it, every song paul sings sounds like his solo stuff.

August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No remakes - They need to take a step forward, not look back.

No unfinished Feddie songs on this album, please. Q+PR is a new band (with old name:). Old demos with Freddie should be released but NOT on a Q+PR album.

So, new songs with the three of them sharing vocals (like in the old Queen albums, Bri & Rog could sing some lead vocals on some of their own songs). I'm sure this album will ROCK.

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 06, 05:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

August R. wrote:

No remakes - They need to take a step forward, not look back.

No unfinished Feddie songs on this album, please. Q+PR is a new band (with old name:). Old demos with Freddie should be released but NOT on a Q+PR album.

So, new songs with the three of them sharing vocals (like in the old Queen albums, Bri & Rog could sing some lead vocals on some of their own songs). I'm sure this album will ROCK.

Agree- let's move forward--they have done their nods to the past-fresh inspiration--I would predict it would be bluesy rock which would be cool.

akindofmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 769 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They will do an album with only new songs... they will just remake an old song by the end of the year!

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm kind of excited about a new album, but I hope it will contain new songs. Can't wait.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hope that paul doesn't sing alot. everything this guy sings, every queen song sounds just like paul company stuff.

dobo user not visiting Queenzone.com
dobo
Bohemian: 899 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 06, 09:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about a double disc album one with 100% new material and th eother with videos, interviews and some remakes like liar and keep yourself alive

Visit The Official Kings of Queen Myspace Which I Run: http://www.myspace.com/kingsofqueenfanpage

Trade List: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56176
pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 06, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

New album does nothing for me - neither Freddie or Paul. Don't get me wrong, Q+PR live was the best night of my life but the fact remains that I would much rather see a new live DVD!

Dislocate your spine...