- You know, I think we ought to try something new for our next album, said Freddie while they were resting at his place.
- Oh God! Here he comes again with this idea! Roger whispered in Brian's ear. Please Freddie, we've already listened to that track...what was it?
- Body Language, Freddie replied proudly.
- Yeah, right...just we should just stick to our usual music, Roger explained.
- Now, you're in a grumpy mood, John remarked. Personally, I totally agree with Freddie, we could use a few new songs.
And he gave Brian the music sheets he had written his new songs on.
- What? Oh! Come on you guys! What are those titles anyway: "Cool cat", "Back chat", why don't you add "Kit Kat" to it?
- But you wrote a song, Freddie said, "Las palabras de amor" and...
- Well, I'm not putting it in what you call "our new-sound album":imagine a rose burried in a mud, that's the situation my song would be in!
"There he goes again, the poet" Roger thought.
-Wow, beautiful comparison! Roger said.
- Hey, wait till you here the name of the album : "Hot...Space"! proclaimed Freddie with a big smile.
Brian and Roger looked at him and sighed.
-We're lost, Brian said with a fatalistic voice.
- No, no, I tell you, this is going to be a monster hit, we'll sell millions...I even foresee that it's going to be seen as our best album!
- I'm not really thrilled about this whole story, I heard this music you're enthusiast about...it's really...unreleasable, claimed Roger.
- Come on you guys, we've always agreed on the fact that we wanted to try new sounds.
- Yeah but it's like trying new weapons. Like the atomic bomb, sounds good in theory but millions will suffer, said Brian.
"He really pisses me off with these comparisons" freddie thought.
- Well, in fact, you don't really have the choice...it's already planned with the producer and a tour is already being organized..."The Hot Space tour", explained John with a nervous smile.
-WHAT?! cried Brian and Roger.
- I told you to wait before telling them this! said Freddie to John.
- So why are you asking us?
- Well, I don't know in fact, maybe it would have been more pleasant for us if it looked as if we were all solidary...
-All right then, we're doomed. I'm gonna have to write at least 20 songs, said Roger.
-No, 3 or 4 will suffice, John and I have nearly covered it all.
-No, 4 for this album, but plenty of others in case we're down and out after it's release: I prefer to have material for a career on my own.
-Trust me guys, you won't regret it! said Freddie with his widest smile.
(The rest is history...)