Forums > Personal > World Cup's Dream Team

forum rss feed
Author

Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jul 06, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi people:

Here is my World Cup's Dream Team:

Buffon
(Italy)

Sagnol Ayala Puyol Sorín
(France) (Argentina) (Spain) (Argentina)


Gattusso Zé Roberto
(Italy) (Brazil)

Zidane Maxi Rodríguez
(France) (Argentina)


Toni Klose
(Italy) (Germany)

Coach: Marcello Lippi (Italy)

Greetings :)


Life Is A Bitch...

Nasse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 111 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jul 06, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Goal Keeper: Buffon (Italy)

Left Defender: Lahm (Germany)
Central Defender: Canavaro (Italy)
Central Defender: Ayala (Argentina)
Right Defender: Zambrotta (Italy)

Left Midfielder: Ribery (France)
Center Midfielder: Zidane (France)
Cendet Midfielder: Riquelme (Argentina)
Right Midfielder: Rodriguez (Argentina)

Attacking Midfielder: Saviola (Argentina)

Striker: Klose (Germany)

eggy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've already done mine and last nights show made no difference;

GK Buffon (Italy)
RB Miguel (Portugal)
CD Terry (England)
CD Cannavaro (England)
LB Lahm (Germany)
RW Maxi (Argentina)
DCM Gattuso (Italy)
AM Pirlo(Italy
LM Zidane (France)
CF Klose (Germany)
CF Podolski (Germany)


Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GOALKEEPER
Buffon (ITA)

DEFENDERS
Zambrotta (ITA)
Ayala (ARG)
Cannavaro (ITA)
Miguel (POR)

MIDFIELD
Zidane (FRA)
Ronaldinho (BRA)
Ribery (FRA)
Figo (POR)

FORWARDS
Tevez (ARG)
Henry (FRA)


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Nasse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 111 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

GOALKEEPER
Buffon (ITA)

DEFENDERS
Zambrotta (ITA)
Ayala (ARG)
Cannavaro (ITA)
Miguel (POR)

MIDFIELD
Zidane (FRA)
Ronaldinho (BRA)
Ribery (FRA)
Figo (POR)

FORWARDS
Tevez (ARG)
Henry (FRA)


how the hell can u say Ronaldinho was one of the best midfielder in this world cup, he was one of the biggest flops!

Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buffon (ITA)
Zambrotta (ITA)
Cannavaro (ITA)
Materazzi (ITA)
Perrotta (ITA)
Grosso (ITA)
Camoranesi (ITA)
Gattuso (ITA)
Totti (ITA)
Pirlo (ITA)
Toni (ITA)

The best team of the 2006 Fifa World Cup!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!


Sorry for my english! :(
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nasse wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

GOALKEEPER
Buffon (ITA)

DEFENDERS
Zambrotta (ITA)
Ayala (ARG)
Cannavaro (ITA)
Miguel (POR)

MIDFIELD
Zidane (FRA)
Ronaldinho (BRA)
Ribery (FRA)
Figo (POR)

FORWARDS
Tevez (ARG)
Henry (FRA)


how the hell can u say Ronaldinho was one of the best midfielder in this world cup, he was one of the biggest flops!


Ronaldinho didn't live up to the expectations of many, but I thought he was a still a great player to watch during the first round and the round of 16 games.

Many people felt incredibly dissapointed of Brazil and Ronaldinho's performance against France, but even for the best player in the world it's nearly impossible to perform while being heavily marked by 3 or 4 players at a time.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ale_Pisa wrote:

Buffon (ITA)
Zambrotta (ITA)
Cannavaro (ITA)
Materazzi (ITA)
Perrotta (ITA)
Grosso (ITA)
Camoranesi (ITA)
Gattuso (ITA)
Totti (ITA)
Pirlo (ITA)
Toni (ITA)

The best team of the 2006 Fifa World Cup!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!


Indeed, the best team... WE ARE THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS!!! you can say "hey, you're from Chile", yes, that's true, but i'm half italian ;)

Some changes for my Dream Team:

Gianluigi Buffon (Italy)

Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy)
Fabio Cannavaro (Italy)
Carles Puyol (Spain)
Juan Pablo Sorín (Argentina)

Gennaro Gattuso (Italy)
Zé Roberto (Brazil)
Zinedine Zidane (France)
Maxi Rodríguez (Argentina)

Luca Toni (Italy)
Miroslav Klose (Germany)

Coach: Marcello Lippi (Italy)

Bench:

Jens Lehmann (Germany)
Roberto Abbondanzieri (Argentina)
Miguel (Portugal)
Roberto Ayala (Argentina)
Willy Sagnol (France)
Esteban Cambiasso (Argentina)
Javier Mascherano (Argentina)
Frank Ribery (France)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
Lucas Podolski (Germany)
Ronaldo (Brazil)
Fernando Torres (Spain)

Greetings for all...



Life Is A Bitch...

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="blue">Mr. Farenheit wrote:

Ale_Pisa wrote:

Buffon (ITA)
Zambrotta (ITA)
Cannavaro (ITA)
Materazzi (ITA)
Perrotta (ITA)
Grosso (ITA)
Camoranesi (ITA)
Gattuso (ITA)
Totti (ITA)
Pirlo (ITA)
Toni (ITA)

The best team of the 2006 Fifa World Cup!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!


Indeed, the best team... WE ARE THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS!!! you can say "hey, you're from Chile", yes, that's true, but i'm half italian ;)



jajajajaja ayayay, que raro ver un chileno tratando de colgarse de la grandeza de otros

no aprenden mas e


...End of the Beginning...



My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker



A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I nominate Cristiano Ronaldo and Maxi Rodriguez for the diving dream team.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M a t i a s M a y<h6><i>The Rainmaker wrote:

<b><font color="blue">Mr. Farenheit wrote:

Ale_Pisa wrote:

Buffon (ITA)
Zambrotta (ITA)
Cannavaro (ITA)
Materazzi (ITA)
Perrotta (ITA)
Grosso (ITA)
Camoranesi (ITA)
Gattuso (ITA)
Totti (ITA)
Pirlo (ITA)
Toni (ITA)

The best team of the 2006 Fifa World Cup!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!


Indeed, the best team... WE ARE THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS!!! you can say "hey, you're from Chile", yes, that's true, but i'm half italian ;)



jajajajaja ayayay, que raro ver un chileno tratando de colgarse de la grandeza de otros

no aprenden mas e


Hasta cuándo me molestas pendejo?... con suerte eres un mapuche argentino.


Life Is A Bitch...

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 06, 23:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nono, ningun mapuche. Me sorprende que sepas lo que es un mapuche, se ve que ustedes nos estudian de la envidia que nos tienen.

Cuidado cuando camines por chile, te podes caer al mar... es que es tan angostito.

;)


...End of the Beginning...



My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker



A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 06, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M a t i a s M a y<h6><i>The Rainmaker wrote:

nono, ningun mapuche. Me sorprende que sepas lo que es un mapuche, se ve que ustedes nos estudian de la envidia que nos tienen.

Cuidado cuando camines por chile, te podes caer al mar... es que es tan angostito.

;)


Para que tú sepas IGNORANTE los mapuches provinieron de tu país de mierda... pero sin duda los mapuches chilenos fueron más fuertes y el último pueblo originario en dejarse pisotear por el imperio español.

Y cuidado, porque los políticos de tu país pronto lo destruirán.


Life Is A Bitch...

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 06, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eso fue lo que dije, chilenito. Pero sos chileno, mucho no se te puede pedir.


...End of the Beginning...



My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker



A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 06, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Give me a break... you Italians just want Klose because he scored more goals than all of your so-called "superstars" combined.

Italy's boring defensive style won them the World Cup. Congratulations. But it's time for a reality check. Anyone who is unbiased can see that Italy was incredibly lucky to win, and that they certainly wouldn't have won without Buffon. Just check out the chronology: Group E was a joke (US and Ghana, and the Czechs choked), they cheated their way through Australia, Ukraine was a gimmie, I'll grant them one good game versus Germany, and they beat France on penalties.

On the topic of teams who fall and whine only to return to the game two minutes later, I hope they start giving cards to everyone who fakes an injury. That will make Italy wake up and start playing real football. While I fully realize Italy aren't the only ones to do this, this seems to be an appropriate time to suggest this amendment to the rules.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 06, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Give me a break... you Italians just want Klose because he scored more goals than all of your so-called "superstars" combined.

Italy's boring defensive style won them the World Cup. Congratulations. But it's time for a reality check. Anyone who is unbiased can see that Italy was incredibly lucky to win, and that they certainly wouldn't have won without Buffon. Just check out the chronology: Group E was a joke (US and Ghana, and the Czechs choked), they cheated their way through Australia, Ukraine was a gimmie, I'll grant them one good game versus Germany, and they beat France on penalties.


I'm sorry, you'll never agree with me (you already stated that you don't like italian fans) but it seems to me like you are denying too many things.

Italy scored 12 goals, from 10 players. Each of our forwards (Toni, Gilardino, Iaquinta, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Totti) scored at least one goal - if you count as Totti's penalty (which I wouldn't).

According to me, Italy didn't play a boring difensive style. Having a strong defence doesn't mean playing with a defensive style. Most of the times, Italy played with at least 3 forwards, sometimes 2 (in beginning of the later games).

Group E was a joke? Blame FIFA, not Italy.
We cheated our way through Australia? Yes, the penalty was really (REALLY REALLY) generous, but we played in 10 for most of the second half for a really (REALLY REALLY) generous red card. As we couldn't score 10 vs 9 against USA, Australia couldn't score 11 vs 10 against us. Blame them, not only the generous penalty.

Ukraine was a gimmie? Blame Ukraine. We were lucky in meeting Ukraine? Yes, as lucky as Switzerland. It could have happened to France, but they arrives second behind the Swiss.

I think I read a lucky game against Germany before you edited (but I'm not sure). Well, in the end we played with 4 forwards and we scored. Defensive style? What is offensive style then, 1-1-8?

We beat France at penalties, but we scored 1 goal, we scored another goal in offside and we hit the crossbar. We didn't play a good match (I admit it) but we tried.

About Buffon being our only good player, I disagree. If you don't like Cannavaro as defender, what about Pirlo? He scored 1 goal and I think he created at least 3 winning assists. I think he is a great player (even if he didn't play very good in this World Cup).

I don't want to sound harsh and I know that I'm biased, but I think that your opinion is wrong. We can disagree on many points, but we also agree on something. Even if I am an italian fans, don't hate me. I am sorry to hear that you had bad experiences with Italian fans in the past and you probably think that I'm one of them, but there are wonderful persons on Italy, please trust me.

I hope they start giving cards to everyone who fakes an injury. If you fall and whine, only to return two minutes later, you should be punished. That will make Italy wake up and start playing real football. While I fully realize Italy aren't the only ones to do this, this seems to be an appropriate time to suggest this amendment to the rules.


I ageee on this. I was ashamed when our players remained on the ground after each foul, it is not fair. It was ridicolous.


That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!
I&hearts;The80's user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1916 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 06, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>ROG<font color=gold>37 wrote:

eggy wrote:

I've already done mine and last nights show made no difference;

GK Buffon (Italy)
RB Miguel (Portugal)
CD Terry (England)
CD Cannavaro (England)
LB Lahm (Germany)
RW Maxi (Argentina)
DCM Gattuso (Italy)
AM Pirlo(Italy
LM Zidane (France)
CF Klose (Germany)
CF Podolski (Germany)




OOPS!!! Is Cannavaro english?!?!?!

:) however:

Dream Team (3-5-2)
BUFFON; THURAM, CANNAVARO, RIO FERDINAND; C. RONALDO, GATTUSO, PIRLO, MANICHE, GROSSO; KLOSE, GILARDINO...

Coach: DOMENECH... I'm joking... I prefer Marcello Lippi! :)



I'd put Gilardino on my dream team too! He's soooo good and hot! I don't understand why he didn't play in more games! Damn, why'd he have to be a substitute :( Do you think he'll play more in the next World Cup??


I is Tamara. ;)



>_> I'll stop changing my name now....



MSN address: lil_ruski_violinist@hotmail.com
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 06, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AC wrote:

According to me, Italy didn't play a boring difensive style. Having a strong defence doesn't mean playing with a defensive style. Most of the times, Italy played with at least 3 forwards, sometimes 2 (in beginning of the later games).


True, but you have to admit, they rarely attack on the offence. They are the kind of team that relies on their strong defence, capitalizes on one offensive chance, and then retreats back to the defensive for the rest of the game. Even though this style clearly works, in my opinion, from the perspective of a viewer, that's a boring way to watch the game being played. Someone here used the term anti-football to describe this style of play, and I have to agree. The baseball equivalent to that would be telling eight of your batters to strike out intentionally because the slugger will hit three homeruns to win the game 3-2.

Group E was a joke? Blame FIFA, not Italy.
We cheated our way through Australia? Yes, the penalty was really (REALLY REALLY) generous, but we played in 10 for most of the second half for a really (REALLY REALLY) generous red card.


Yeah, that's true too. Playing with ten men isn't easy, but I still blame the guy who chose to fall in the box. If every hockey player who was hit would choose to fall down, nobody would ever be skating!

Ukraine was a gimmie? Blame Ukraine. We were lucky in meeting Ukraine? Yes, as lucky as Switzerland. It could have happened to France, but they arrives second behind the Swiss.


This is true as well. But I was just pointing out how they didn't have as many challenges like some of the other teams, such as France, who had to beat Spain and Brazil.

I think I read a lucky game against Germany before you edited (but I'm not sure). Well, in the end we played with 4 forwards and we scored. Defensive style? What is offensive style then, 1-1-8?


Hahaha..!! Yeah, I rethought that one, and recalled that they did play a good game, and in the end they were the better team. In the last minutes versus Germany they did bring on the offence; of course I can't deny that. But 99% of the time, they are a defensive team.

About Buffon being our only good player, I disagree. If you don't like Cannavaro as defender, what about Pirlo? He scored 1 goal and I think he created at least 3 winning assists. I think he is a great player (even if he didn't play very good in this World Cup).


Okay, I'll let you have that one. :)

I don't want to sound harsh and I know that I'm biased, but I think that your opinion is wrong. We can disagree on many points, but we also agree on something. Even if I am an italian fans, don't hate me. I am sorry to hear that you had bad experiences with Italian fans in the past and you probably think that I'm one of them, but there are wonderful persons on Italy, please trust me.


Yes, I believe you! I think most of the true Italians are still in Italy... not here in North America!

I hope they start giving cards to everyone who fakes an injury. If you fall and whine, only to return two minutes later, you should be punished. That will make Italy wake up and start playing real football. While I fully realize Italy aren't the only ones to do this, this seems to be an appropriate time to suggest this amendment to the rules.


I ageee on this. I was ashamed when our players remained on the ground after each foul, it is not fair. It was ridicolous.


Haha, at least we fully agree on one thing!

I'm glad to know there are level-headed Italian fans such as yourself. I always like a good debate. Cheers.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 06, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ukraine Vs Switzerland was by far the most boring game of the tournament.

It made me wish I was watching golf.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 06, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Ukraine Vs Switzerland was by far the most boring game of the tournament.

It made me wish I was watching golf.


On that note... I recall the announcer toward the end of the game (at the peak of his wit, might I add), saying "the goaltenders at both ends of the pitch have been dramatically underemployed."

I laughed for quite a while at that one.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca