Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > QueenAutographs launched!!!

forum rss feed
Author

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To celebrate the millionth visitor of my Queen Concerts site I've decided to launch Queen Autographs - a website dedicated to genuine and fake Queen autographs. I'm doing a research with an English collector and we want to show you how to recognize fake Queen autographs from genuine ones. Above all we want to focus on fakes on eBay but we will also pay attention to fakes given away by the official Queen fan club.

Interaction with the visitors: you can use the form on QueenAutographs to submit an eBay auction that you want to have checked. We'll have a look and express our opinion usually within 24 hours. If we don't know, we will admit that :-) It's a free service from fans to fans - and I think I can safely say that nobody has studied Queen autographs as hard as I did.

If you want to help us: we need scans of autographed Queen items (with Freddie) - but only those that are genuine or those that the fan club certified as genuine. I'm not interested in bad eBay fakes, I have enough of these :-) Thanks in advance!

Welcome to www.QueenAutographs.com!

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very good! Thanks!

Killed by drones.
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent site as usual Martin.
The attention to detail is quite meticulous.
I hope this becomes another of your successful ventures, and like your http://www.queenconcerts.com/ , becomes one of those reliable references I can dip into when and wherever I need it.

Congratulations.

Acting as devil's advocate, I fully agree you are providing an excellent (free) service for collectors of genuine autographs, which I hope, leaves the forgers quaking in their boots, so I fully support this laudable cause.

On the other hand, don’t you think you are providing more lethal ammunition for the crooks to refine their skills – and ultimately produce ‘better’ fakes?

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, John.

Yes, I'm aware I'm "providing more lethal ammunition for the crooks" but I'm sure it's impossible to produce "perfect autographs" and the big dealers usually don't have time to master their skills anyway. Overall the quality of fakes will probably improve but I don't believe anybody is able to fake Queen autographs perfectly.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 08:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like it and it's indeed quite brave to publicly uncover the fan club's incompetence.

But you're missing the hall of shame.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

Thanks, John.

Yes, I'm aware I'm "providing more lethal ammunition for the crooks" but I'm sure it's impossible to produce "perfect autographs" and the big dealers usually don't have time to master their skills anyway. Overall the quality of fakes will probably improve but I don't believe anybody is able to fake Queen autographs perfectly.

Good answer.
As I said above, I think it is an excellent site.
I also think it is good news for us all, that someone, (or some organisation) finally has the balls to tackle e-bay face to face.

Do you think that the day may come when your autograph site (hopefully) becomes so influential that e-bay has to sit up and actually do something?

(And before someone writes in to suggest this is too much power for one man to weild, remember Martin would not be alone in this, as he would obviously have a bank of 'experts' to confer with).

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Do you think that the day may come when your autograph site (hopefully) becomes so influential that e-bay has to sit up and actually do something?"

No :-) The main reason being that the site is based on my opinion, on my experience. Not on 100% proofs.

"But you're missing the hall of shame."

It's there, only hidden. It helps with recognizing the auctions with fakes. It'll be probably back in some shape, give me a couple days :-)

Btw. is there any expert out there who would be willing to make a banner for QueenAutographs? :) I need a professional banner, just like the one on QueenConcerts. Starman created an excellent one, I know Pim can make great graphics - anybody else? :-)

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for your research and the works for that site, Martin!

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great idea! Another great site, fresh layout. Is there supposed to be a banner at the top, cause I can't see it, just blue!

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The banner is there, try to reload :) Anyway, I hope somebody makes a good banner for me soon because the current one is very simple, nothing to be proud of :)

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

On the other hand, don’t you think you are providing more lethal ammunition for the crooks to refine their skills – and ultimately produce ‘better’ fakes?

Exactly what I was thinking today.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome Martin!

If only there were more people like you warning us honest working fans sooner...
People will always wanna jump on the gravy train...
Cheers!

*Rock On*

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent......as per.....Keep up the good work.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You should charge at least $1 for your service.

Why someone would buy an autograph without seeing it signed personally is beyond me. Remember: OVER 50% OF SIGNED SPORTS MEMORABILIA IN THE U.S. IS FAKE!!! and people still buy it up.

Are we really that pathetic that we need to display something and make a fake story up about how Roger gave that to me?

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mircrowave! wrote:

You should charge at least $1 for your service.

Why someone would buy an autograph without seeing it signed personally is beyond me. Remember: OVER 50% OF SIGNED SPORTS MEMORABILIA IN THE U.S. IS FAKE!!! and people still buy it up.

Are we really that pathetic that we need to display something and make a fake story up about how Roger gave that to me?

Well unlike those crooks who want to make money by robbing honest people of money because they wanted an autograph from their fave group, Martin here is doing a service for the world. And unlike the majority of the world, hes not out for monetary compensation...
Hes doing ti for the love of the group and other fans like him.
Because wouldnt you be peeved if you spent good money on an autograph only to find its fake??

Queen T user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully:

I just e-mailed you about 6 items to have a look at...

Thanks!!!

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

I like it and it's indeed quite brave to publicly uncover the fan club's incompetence.

haha, if you does make one, make sure to include the Freddie Mercury Solo Album signature...signed byt Freddie... PFFT!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 06, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

Sebastian wrote:

haha, if you does make one, make sure to include the Freddie Mercury Solo Album signature...signed byt Freddie... PFFT!

And the re-release of BoRhap after Freddie's death, signed by all four members of the band. Classic.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
RogerTaylorNet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 06, 03:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great website, Martin. Thanks for your work!

Shameless Advertising!

http://www.roger-taylor.net
Isis user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 133 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 06, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great Mr. Scully

Thanks Isis