Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Hot Space

forum rss feed
Author

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Fellow Queen Fans. I have come accross the "Hot Space problem" about three years ago. I would love to hear your opinions about, whether you hate it, or love it...because it just so happens, that Hot Space is one of my top albums...why do some people hate it?

Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like it. I listen to it quite often. It is a sign of just how great Queen are, if they can tackle a new area of music and produce a piece of work that some fans can like.

It has some very catchy tunes as well as the great Under Pressure.

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Maybe it's cause they're not into the disco thing they were experimenting with. I think it's a cool album! :-D

-Things Have Changed For Me-
M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts

SHIT

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh lord not another Hot Space topic....I think we should sticky this along with a "Was Freddie Really Gay thing", a "which song is the best" and "whats the album thing" along with the "Why does everyone hate Queen", "Where is John Deacon", and "Paul Rodgers sucks" topics....argh

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally all Album Discussion topics should be created/revived and made sticky on Serious.

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh...oops...lol...well i didnt know.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DeadOnTime<3 wrote:

oh...oops...lol...well i didnt know.

I mean they should be ! They're not, it's alright....

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I warmed to it almost immediately! I think this was because i'd seen Live at the Bowl before getting the album and developed a liking to the songs.
I love it, some fabulous work... apart from the exception of Body Language perhaps (which still is very sexy and hearing Freddie's sexy, low voice and his sighing really is WOW!!)
Yeah, it is different maybe because Queen, for once, were actually following a particular genre of music instead of usually going along with their own self-made style. Still doesn't deserve such a bad reception though as it has some fantastic, under-rated songs.

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

I warmed to it almost immediately! I think this was because i'd seen Live at the Bowl before getting the album and developed a liking to the songs.
I love it, some fabulous work... apart from the exception of Body Language perhaps (which still is very sexy and hearing Freddie's sexy, low voice and his sighing really is WOW!!)
Yeah, it is different maybe because Queen, for once, were actually following a particular genre of music instead of usually going along with their own self-made style. Still doesn't deserve such a bad reception though as it has some fantastic, under-rated songs.

Thank you! My point exactly!

eedodededededea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Love that album

I don't wanna be the prrrresident of America
breakthru1989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
breakthru1989
Bohemian: 340 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SORRY i don’t like hot space.

hello all you rock ’n’ rollers

it’s enourrrrrmous out here

it’s frightning i tell you

soooooooo beautiful.

queen live at KNEBWORTH PARK MAGIC ’86
FreddieForeverNr1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hot space is a great album so are all their other albums

innuendo is the best though

Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great album imo

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont have this album yet, but its the next one on my list to buy. And its because of the LIVE AT THE BOWL performances. And i love UNDER PRESSURE etc and i enjoy the music vids on GVH2 from this album as well...
So I'm sure i like the album once i obtain it...
The one thing i love about QUEEN is they never do the same album twice, yet stay true to their own sound. Yes HOT SPACE is a different album, but there are QUEEN-esque nuances in each song.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the reason people hate this album is because they wanted The Game II. If they'd open their minds, they'd realize this was one of Queen's finest and what I would call a "Freddie Masterpiece".

MOANZONE TWAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 422 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As musicians, the album is great! But as business men, it sucks! A great musician can play alot of different genres of music well, but this isn't Queen's trademark sound.

Posted: 13 Jul 06, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YoungStratMan wrote:

As musicians, the album is great! But as business men, it sucks! A great musician can play alot of different genres of music well, but this isn't Queen's trademark sound.

I agree 100%!

Kensington Love user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 789 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 06, 02:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very well said. I have always loved this album, particularly Body Language. I would love to have seen Freddie do that one Live! Grrrowwwl!

Hello from Rai;)

"Im not afraid to speak out and say the things I want and do the things I want,so um,I think in the end that being natural and actually genuine is what wins."-FM

R
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 06, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KensingtonLove(Darunkhanawala) wrote:

Very well said. I have always loved this album, particularly Body Language. I would love to have seen Freddie do that one Live! Grrrowwwl!

I think he didn't do it because he'd know i'd be in the front row with a dribble bucket...perhaps.

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)