Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > SUNBURY AUSTRALIA CONCERT 1974 / OTHER QUEEN RARITIES

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 06, 23:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's all got very convoluted - so many threads over so many subjects.

Somebody said they have Queen Live In Australia, Feb 1974, on film (audio too????) - the gig when they got boo'd off stage.

I cannot recall who said that, or where, but it looked to be a genuine claim.

So... is that person going to confirm it or not?

DO ANY OF YOU SO CALLED QUEEN FANS have anything rare, or don't ya?

If you have, write to my old email address, which you have, and tell me. I'll look into it seriously.

PUT UP, SHUT UP... it's all the same to me

Ta awfully

GBxxxxxxxx

GB
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 06, 23:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aw, those damn aussies, booing Queen off stage! How dare they.... :-P

ETA: haha, just read about the concert at queenconcerts.com ...well..I hope that wasnt them with the asses.

MOANZONE TWAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 422 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 06, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

It's all got very convoluted - so many threads over so many subjects.

Somebody said they have Queen Live In Australia, Feb 1974, on film (audio too????) - the gig when they got boo'd off stage.

I cannot recall who said that, or where, but it looked to be a genuine claim.

So... is that person going to confirm it or not?

If you have, write to my old email address, which you have, and tell me. I'll look into it seriously.

PUT UP, SHUT UP... it's all the same to me

Ta awfully

GBxxxxxxxx

That would be me Greg. I am planning on putting up as you call it, i am out of state on business at the moment, so i can't very well do it right now. I do not have your email address btw. I hope this is a genuine thread and not a try to discredit me thread. When you answer 1 of my questions, then i will answer yours. Sound Familiar, and that is pure humour nothing else.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 06, 23:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Greg, sorry to get off-topic, but could you check your inbox for my reply regarding the FLAC files and how we can go about them?

Richard

Posted: 18 Jul 06, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><FONT SIZE=4>Inu-Liger</b> wrote:

Hey Greg, sorry to get off-topic, but could you check your inbox for my reply regarding the FLAC files and how we can go about them?

Richard

This is a joke right? Come on. IF this is serious, ask somewhere else.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 06, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would advise against giving anything to Greg or Queen Productions. As I recall, John S Stuart, Karaoke Queen, and probably others loaned items to Queen Productions for the Freddie Box Set only to have them lost with no apology or recompensation. Weeks later someone made a killing on e-bay.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come

Posted: 18 Jul 06, 23:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

I would advise against giving anything to Greg or Queen Productions. As I recall, John S Stuart, Karaoke Queen, and probably others loaned items to Queen Productions for the Freddie Box Set only to have them lost with no apology or recompensation. Weeks later someone made a killing on e-bay.

Rest assured what i share with them will NOT be complete and the best quality, just a teaser video, when they are interested, then we can talk.

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 00:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got many but I'm not going to give it to this motherfucker.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and please stop all this shit,if this is GB for real,GO FUCK YOURSELF to QOL or don't behave in such a FUCKING CHILDISH way!will you?.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 02:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a John Deacon demo. The Prophet's Song vocal improvisation, about 22 minutes long. Man, he could sing.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

Why the attitude? Who the hell do you think you are, you SO CALLED QUEEN ARCHIVIST?!

Killed by drones.

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YoungStratMan...

That would be me Greg. I am planning on putting up as you call it, i am out of state on business at the moment, so i can't very well do it right now. I do not have your email address btw.

I hope this is a genuine thread and not a try to discredit me thread.
YES, THIS IS GENUINE.

When you answer 1 of my questions, then i will answer yours. Sound Familiar, and that is pure humour nothing else.

I JUST ANSWERED ONE OF YOUR QUESTIONS, ABOVE.

SO, YOU'RE GOING TO COME UP WITH THE GOODS NOW AND NOT BULLSHIT, RIGHT?

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO STALL AND MARK TIME, ARE YOU?

BECAUSE IF YOU DID THAT SOME PEOPLE MIGHT THINK THAT YOU HAVEN'T GOT THE FOOTAGE AT ALL. I'M NOT BEING SARCASTIC STRATMAN... IT'S JUST THAT I'VE THIS TYPE OF THING SO MANY TIMES BEFORE. EVERYONE IN QPL HEARS IT ALL THE TIME. SO YOU'LL UNDERSTAND ME SCEPTISISM.

SO WHEN WILL THE FOOTAGE THAT YOU SAY YOU HAVE BE MATERIALISING, DO YOU THINK?

My old email address, which I will occassionally be checking, is..

gb.queen_archive@btinternet.com

I HOPE YOU ARE NOT ANOTHER BULLSHITTER, YSM, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS I HAVE ENCOUNTERED, WHO SAY THEY HAVE A CERTAIN ITEM... BUT... STRANGELY....ERR.... IT NEVER ACTUALLY SHOWS UP.

TIME WILL OBVIOUSLY TELL.

GB

GB

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RICHARD...Hey Greg, sorry to get off-topic, but could you check your inbox for my reply regarding the FLAC files and how we can go about them?
Richard

I CHECKED. I CAN'T SEE IT. LOTS OF EMAILS IN THERE THAT I WON'T OPEN (FOR SAFETY REASONS).

RE-SENT IT PLEASE, TELL ME WHAT IT'S CALLED, I'LL LOOK AND READ IT. OK.

REGARDS

GB

GB
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I CHECKED. I CAN'T SEE IT. LOTS OF EMAILS IN THERE THAT I WON'T OPEN (FOR SAFETY REASONS).

Don't worry. The viruses I've send you are not that bad! ;)

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 04:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

STRATMAN.

Rest assured what i share with them will NOT be complete and the best quality, just a teaser video, when they are interested, then we can talk.

THIS IS FAIR ENOUGH. I'D DO THE SAME.

I'VE GOT A HORRIBLE, SYNICAL FEELING THAT EVEN A SAMPLE VIDEO ISN'T GOING TO MATERIALISE, STRATMAN... MUCH LESS AN ORIGINAL ENTIRE CONCERT FOOTAGE. I'M SCEPTICAL, TRUE, BUT I HAVE A 6TH SENSE ON THESE THINGS. BUT YOU MIGHT PROVE ME WRONG - LETS HOPE SO.

IT IS TRUE THAT JSS's TAPE WAS LOST. IT WAS REGRETTABLE, BUT THESE THINGS HAPPEN.

JOHN IS ALWAYS ON ABOUT IT, EVEN LAST NIGHT, AGAIN, ACTUALLY, IN A PRIVATE MOANING EMAIL TO ME. AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY HE MENTIONS THAT, DESPITE ME AND ANOTHER QPL COLLEAGUE APOLOGISING PROFUSELY. WHAT MORE COULD WE DO.

IT GOT LOST - ONE TAPE IN THE 8 YEARS I'VE BEEN HERE, AND BELIEVE ME THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF TAPES IN THE QUEEN ARCHIVE A GOOD DEAL MORE INTERESTING AND EXCITING THAN THE IBEX TAPE THAT JSS LOANED US.

AND.... I HAVE TO SAY... THAT WE OBVIOUSLY ASSUMED JSS HAD PROVIDED US WITH A COPY, NOT HIS ONLY MASTER... AS HE 'SAID' AND TOLD EVERYONE WAS THE CASE.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT???????????

TELL YOU SOMETHING... I STILL BELIEVE JSS SUPPLIED A COPY. THERE IS NO WAY THAT JSS WOULD HAVE BEEN SILLY ENOUGH TO SEND THE ONLY ONE, AND NOT KEEP A COPY.

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT, THEN YOU ARE INDEED AS GULLIBLE AS I WAS SUGGESTING YESTERDAY - SEE MY THREAD ABOUT THE TWO FACES OF JSS.

GB

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THE FAIRY KING...

Why the attitude? Who the hell do you think you are, you SO CALLED QUEEN ARCHIVIST?!

SHUT UP. GOD WHAT A BORE YOU ARE. SO VERY BORING.

GB
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

THE FAIRY KING...

SHUT UP. GOD WHAT A BORE YOU ARE. SO VERY BORING.

You are slow dear mr Brooks...explains the delay on the boxsets ;) And please check you CAPS, cuz you're just being very rude.

Killed by drones.
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 05:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg, if QP ever consider another QPR visual release, let me know. What about a 'bootlegging the bootleggers'-kinda thing as on the new Pink Floyd PULSE dvd?! I'd surely provide you with some nice 2005/2006 films.
I WOULD! Put up! But not in here.
(Btw; my understanding is that someone else already showed you parts of my films at conventions...)
Mail-adress is in my profile; also for general talk or info's if you want. ;-)

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As to the Sunbury video - I do not believe it exists but I will gladly apologise if I am wrong.

As to John's IBEX tapes: some of us know about the Ibex tapes but John never complained on a public board about the loss of his tape as far as I remember. I think it's completely out of order to mock about a private email you got from John and it's also totally out of order to downplay the loss - it does not matter how many tapes were NOT lost. It's also totally irrelevant if John kept a copy or not - fact is that copies were sold on ebay and the tape lost its value through these ebay sales. If your dismissive and sarcastic comments are representative for Queen's attitude towards private collectors who lend recordings to them, then it's obvious that other collectors think twice before lending something to them again.

I do not want any google ads here.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 06:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

STRATMAN.

IT IS TRUE THAT JSS's TAPE WAS LOST. IT WAS REGRETTABLE, BUT THESE THINGS HAPPEN… AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY HE MENTIONS THAT, DESPITE ME AND ANOTHER QPL COLLEAGUE APOLOGISING PROFUSELY. WHAT MORE COULD WE DO.

IT GOT LOST - ONE TAPE IN THE 8 YEARS I'VE BEEN HERE, AND BELIEVE ME THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF TAPES IN THE QUEEN ARCHIVE A GOOD DEAL MORE INTERESTING AND EXCITING THAN THE IBEX TAPE THAT JSS LOANED US.

AND.... I HAVE TO SAY... THAT WE OBVIOUSLY ASSUMED JSS HAD PROVIDED US WITH A COPY, NOT HIS ONLY MASTER... AS HE 'SAID' AND TOLD EVERYONE WAS THE CASE.

I hate to air dirty laundry in public, it is so undignified.

Thank you for apologising for the loss of my Ibex tape, I feel so much better knowing that all those e-bay pirates who have survived off my back for so long, did so from a genuine mistake. You will also need to forgive me if I tend to bring this up from time-to-time, as while the Bible suggests I should forgive and turn the other cheek, I am but human with a very long memory.

While it is true that I did indeed retain a digital mini-disc and cassette back up of the Ibex material, the tape I provided QPL was indeed the original, as I (stupidly) believed that the master was not only the best quality (even if it was safety copied), but a loan – and as a loan would be properly returned.

As by your own admission this never happened, why should I, or anyone else, ever advance Queen Productions anything again? To quote those Chinese again; ‘Sh*t on me once – shame on you, sh*t on me twice – shame on me’.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."