Forums > Personal > Youtube is being sued!!!!!

forum rss feed
Author

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Say it aint so!! Dont take away my youtube!!!!I wouldnt have discoverd all of my Queen videos if it wasnt for them!!!! I cant find the story, can someone post it for me!!!! Thanks!!!




Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hahahahahahahahaha! This is what I wrote about few weeks before "they're gonna be sued!" - and no-one believed me...

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why are they being sued? :-P

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oooh, Serry has PREVAILED! xD


-Things Have Changed For Me-
RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="FF3366"><b>DeadOnTime ;-) wrote:

why are they being sued? :-P



I cant copy and paste the damn story, cause I'm at the smelly library right now, (they have so many blocks on this computer, I'm surprised I can still go to Queenzone) but someone can copy and paste it for me!

I love youtube, and I hope it doesnt go a-wall like napster did!!!


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

is it perhaps, because they like broadcast people on it or something. Illegally? How the heck am i supposed to know. But it is a good place. I watched the Rog and Bri limo interview there lol.

Rog - we were in the middle of a restaraunt when my gf took her top off!
Bri - Did you marry her?
Rog - I wanted to at the moment!

LOL! I loved that!!!!!!!!!urghhhH!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's my message to whoever is suing Youtube :

GET FUCKED. You morons can grab a brain, there's plenty of non-copywritten material on that site. How about you spend your ever-so-valuable time going through all the illegal stuff and requesting that it be taken down, instead of screwing up a remarkably popular and convenient way to show people videos?!?

God I haven't even put any of my short films or music up yet. What a fucking jip.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="FF3366"><b>DeadOnTime ;-) wrote:

is it perhaps, because they like broadcast people on it or something. Illegally? How the heck am i supposed to know. But it is a good place. I watched the Rog and Bri limo interview there lol.

Rog - we were in the middle of a restaraunt when my gf took her top off!
Bri - Did you marry her?
Rog - I wanted to at the moment!

LOL! I loved that!!!!!!!!!urghhhH!




Thats what I'm saying!!! (I loved that interview too) I'm too poor to afford to buy a lot of Queen videos, etc, and that was a golden moment between Rog and Bri. Plus I've discoverd a lot of old videos of other artist that I like. But I the same time, I understand people wanting to 'protect' what they do, but there has to be a way to get permission to download videos...etc


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B>Jellybean Queen<h6>sweetbodykisses<B> wrote:

<font color="FF3366"><b>DeadOnTime ;-) wrote:

is it perhaps, because they like broadcast people on it or something. Illegally? How the heck am i supposed to know. But it is a good place. I watched the Rog and Bri limo interview there lol.

Rog - we were in the middle of a restaraunt when my gf took her top off!
Bri - Did you marry her?
Rog - I wanted to at the moment!

LOL! I loved that!!!!!!!!!urghhhH!




Thats what I'm saying!!! (I loved that interview too) I'm too poor to afford to buy a lot of Queen videos, etc, and that was a golden moment between Rog and Bri. Plus I've discoverd a lot of old videos of other artist that I like. But I the same time, I understand people wanting to 'protect' what they do, but there has to be a way to get permission to download videos...etc






I totally agree!!!! and the best part is that it is FREE! It would be unfair to take it off....for the teenagers who cant afford stuff....guilty....my parents wont give me a penny!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Here's my message to whoever is suing Youtube :

GET FUCKED. You morons can grab a brain, there's plenty of non-copywritten material on that site. How about you spend your ever-so-valuable time going through all the illegal stuff and requesting that it be taken down, instead of screwing up a remarkably popular and convenient way to show people videos?!?

God I haven't even put any of my short films or music up yet. What a fucking jip.



The person that is suing youtube isnt a music artist actually. It has something to do with LA Riots back in 1992. Something was downloaded illegally, youtube removed it, but the guy who was videotaped is STILL SUING!!


I wish I could copy and paste the story, but I'm at the damn library, and theres so many blocks on this computer...

(I would pay like $5 a month to keep my youtube, the best thing that I've found over the internet!)


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are not being sued by the RIAA or the MPAA though.

You can read the story here:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=19&entry_id=7221

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Here's my message to whoever is suing Youtube :

GET FUCKED. You morons can grab a brain, there's plenty of non-copywritten material on that site. How about you spend your ever-so-valuable time going through all the illegal stuff and requesting that it be taken down, instead of screwing up a remarkably popular and convenient way to show people videos?!?

God I haven't even put any of my short films or music up yet. What a fucking jip.


So by your logic, as long as we have one non-official track on this site, we shouldn't be shut down no matter how many officially released stuff there is?



.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 06, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I suppose they do have alot of official stuff online - but i'll still be rather devistated if they do close it down.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 06, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"So by your logic, as long as we have one non-official track on this site, we shouldn't be shut down no matter how many officially released stuff there is?"

Your words not mine!
By my logic, they can operate like isohunt - if the owner of copywritten material finds their stuff on a site like youtube or isohunt, they can complain and have it taken down. Bada bing bada boom. I don't care if it takes them weeks to find all their stuff and have it removed, that's their worry.

Nevermind that I've seen stuff on youtube, liked it, and subsequently gone out and paid for it. The idea of 'lost revenue' doesn't apply in all situations.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
scallyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 297 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 06, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:



Nevermind that I've seen stuff on youtube, liked it, and subsequently gone out and paid for it. The idea of 'lost revenue' doesn't apply in all situations.


You paying for copyright material is the exception rather than the rule.
Don't get me wrong I appreciate free stuff as much as anyone and when there's a legitimate choice I'd rather not pay to get something.
BUT a copyright holder has the right to choose as well and that choice includes how much to charge for use of his material. You then have the choice whether or not to pay.
Just like going into a regular store and seeing something you want , if you dont like the price you have 4 options.
You can pay the list price
haggle for a lower price - you might not get one , not buy it
or take it without paying what the owner wants for it - That's called stealing and if you're caught then the owner has a right to sue for damages & compensation.

The analogy with youtube is as if I was taking something from one store and putting it on display in another without paying for it or charging the appropriate fee.

Youtube deserves all it gets. It's fine to share "your videos" but not when you don't own the rights to them.
Neil




"amateurs practice till they get it right, professionals practice till they can't get it wrong"
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jul 06, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>QUEENoftheskies747<b> wrote:

Oh noo!!! there are so many awesome video's there, including These are the days of our lives etc. which I can't buy here..there are also great other non-queen videos there


You can't buy common videos in Netherlands?

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8684 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jul 06, 05:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

<font color=black>QUEENoftheskies747<b> wrote:

Oh noo!!! there are so many awesome video's there, including These are the days of our lives etc. which I can't buy here..there are also great other non-queen videos there


You can't buy common videos in Netherlands?


Nope, the vids she is talking about aren't on any DVD. ;) Only available officially on VHS...and since those aren't available anymore...well maybe on eBay.


Killed by drones.