Forums > Queen - General Discussion > The Very Best Of Freddie Mercury - Tracklist

forum rss feed
Author

fairydandy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jul 06, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Found this at the Fan Club site.
http://www.queenworld.com/artman/publish/article_426.shtml

Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 06, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks very promising.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 06, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Geez I was really hoping the 'New York' Smash mix would be on there. You can hear it at the end of the 'Tea' video at the Freddie site.

Oh well. I'm buying whatever they put out regardless of silly cover art, selected tracks, whatever.. I'm cursed with the collecting bug ;)

The 'audio book' could be cool.. if it's got some rarer interviews.. they wouldn't dare just release the David Wigg disc as an audio book right? :-P

Mr. Bulsara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 06, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to buy it, but to tell you you the truth, i'm desapointed. I was expecting they put two or three unreleased songs, not the remixes but never unheard songs, inedits. It's the same old crap. but what a weck, it's better than nothing.

André Bulsara
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 06, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unreleased songs for common compilation? I didn't expect that even. This release is not for die-hard Freddie fans only, that's for everyone. ("Hmmm... Freddie Mercury? That guy with moustache? Yeah... He was funny... Is he 60?! Ouch... I must buy this CD then!") Therefore to put unfinished Freddie's "la la la de de de" would be silly. Pure business.

But what really pisses me off - Thierry Lang's track! I didn't like when they include Freddie's and Brian's tracks on GH3, but now it's not Queen member even! But I'll buy it... That's my destiny to spend money on such releases :-)

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 06, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey! There are only five songs on the first c.d. (the main one that isn't a limited edition...the two c.d. one is a limited edition, right?) that are remixes actually that's not so bad for a first best of disc...the earlier ones ("The Great Pretender" and "The Freddie Mercury Album") wer really remix l.p.s in itself so I guess this counts more as a first solo compilation. ALSO it is actually a new thing that there are EIGHT songs here that have never before now released on a single disc available all in one place. Whereas most of these eight tracks were in the 2000 Freddie Mercury box set "The Solo Collection" these are as close to "new songs" as they can do right now. Assuming of course that any unreleased might exist in the vaults are waiting for future release if any more exist like suspected some do.

So long story short. While "The Great Pretender" and "Freddie Mercury Album" were remix studio l.p.s this compilation compiles 12 original best of's plues EIGHT tracks never available on one disc so it is quite a bonus if you ask me. It will serve its purpose for sure. I do hope that it and the d.v.d.s get promoted here in the U.S. by Hollywood Records though...Disney can you hear me? Rock!

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 06, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I must be missing somthing, but it looks to me that the only previosly unreleased tracks are remixes by outside people. Everything else is recycled.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to agree with Serry regarding the inclusion of the Thierry Lang track. I don't care how good it is, it's not Freddie.

I think Nine Inch Nails did a great cover of Get Down Make Love. Should that appear on a QUEEN compilation at some point?

How many remixes of Freddie tracks do we need? I notice aswell that some of the songs are duplicated, just different mixes. That's a cop out - there is no reason to have duplicates on the same CD.

You would be FAR better off with the 3 CD Best of Freddie Mercury set that came out at the same time as the box set.

That being said I will be buying it :-)

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 00:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree on the Theirry Lang thing, WTF!?!?

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 00:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So many say it is crap, but will buy it anyway... Obviously QP has no incentive to stop recycling and work on something previously unreleased if the completists continue to buy every recycled turd that is put on the market.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As for Hollywood Records, I predict they'll release the single disc version of the CD, and the 2-DVD set. But the book and audio book won't be available in the U.S. at all. Just a guess though.

I'd actually like to see all of the stuff bundled in one package... but they'll probably wait until we've all bought the stuff separately, then they'll announce the beautifully boxed set version....

LOL

Walter B. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 01:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I told you....

Author

Walter B.
Posted: 6/21/2006 12:29:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a Japanese website I have found a tracklist for the forthcoming Very best of Freddie Mercury album.

1. In my defence
2. The great pretender
3. Living on my own (1993 version)
4. Made in heaven
5. Love kills
6. There must be more to life than this
7. Guide me home
8. How can I go on
9. Foolin' around
10. Time
11. Barcelona
12. Love me like there's no tomorrow
13. I was born to love you
14. The golden boy
15. Mr. bad guy
16. The great pretender (Malouf mix)
17. I can hear music
18. Goin' back
19. Guide me home (piano version)

I have absolutely no idea if this is the "real" tracklist.

teleport8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

6 versions of Love Kills...
Isn't that a bit too much for a general audience?

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I listened to the "Love Kills (Rank 1 Remix)", thanks for the link, fairydandy. This is enough for me to not buy this double CD: I like Queen music because I don't enjoy listening to music like the "Rank 1 Remix". If I want to hear such material, I buy some techno CDs by DJ somebody. Mainly the second mix is truly awful. It looks like I already own the original Freddie music on the CDs and I won't spend my hard earned money on some recycling.

I do not want any google ads here.

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

I listened to the "Love Kills (Rank 1 Remix)", thanks for the link, fairydandy. This is enough for me to not buy this double CD: I like Queen music because I don't enjoy listening to music like the "Rank 1 Remix". If I want to hear such material, I buy some techno CDs by DJ somebody. Mainly the second mix is truly awful. It looks like I already own the original Freddie music on the CDs and I won't spend my hard earned money on some recycling.

I fully understand that viewpoint. For me, this is of far more value than PR doing his Karaoke Queen versions....but then I like dance music too...so..;-)

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolutely - it's matter of taste. If you like trance, it's perfect for you. I prefer old fashioned Rock music. I don't see the connection to PR but if it's only an example - I prefer PR, who is a living artist with a soul, to any dance remix any time:)

I do not want any google ads here.

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 07:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Absolutely - it's matter of taste. If you like trance, it's perfect for you. I prefer old fashioned Rock music. I don't see the connection to PR but if it's only an example - I prefer PR, who is a living artist with a soul, to any dance remix any time:)

Yeah, sorry, I'm trying to forget PR..it was an unnecessary point.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 06, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, what a tracklist. This is bloody marvellous. I must be dreaming. Finally, I can die peacefully.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."