Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Butterfly

forum rss feed
Author

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jul 06, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, I just downloaded a demo called Butterfly, no idea if its official or not, so I wont share, etc.. but its basically Freddie playing piano and you can hear him humming very faintly, and the version I have for some reason has Roger and Brian talking in the middle. Does anybody else have this??

Also, what is it a demo from, as in which album was it intended for? Thanks very much, cheers.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 06, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's actually Brian playing and mumbling.. it comes from the making of One Vision documentary, originally on 'The Magic Years' titled 'In The Studio' and a slightly different version of the documentary on Greatest Video Hits 2.

He was just fiddling around but to me it seems to resemble what would become "Who Wants to Live Forever" :)

So yeah, it's sorta official though it should be acceptable to post brief excerpts from documentaries... but don't ask me. :-P

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 06, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've never known why everybody relates it to WWTLF. Actually I don't notice any clear similitude, indeed if I were to draw resemblances, I probably would say 'Butterfly' sounds a little bit like 'All Dead'.

But it's all right, the world would be so dull if we all had the same opinion ;)

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 06, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It sounds more like the chords of 'Save Me' to me, but I'm tone deaf, so what do I know.

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 06, 01:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you! It's very pretty song.

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 06, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've always related it to "One Year of Love". Pity they never finished the bloody thing. Sounds good.

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!