Forums > Queen - General Discussion > freddie's New York

forum rss feed
Author

Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jul 06, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi! I just dowloaded it and I wanted some info on the song, was it ever released?, if not, why?

thank u experts

:)
Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 06, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I know is that it was from the "Highlander Soundtrack" , A Kind Of Magic, I guess...I'm not an expert, so don't hate me...

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 06, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Depends which 'New York' you mean. If you're talking about 'New York New York', it was recorded during the A Kind Of Magic sessions, apparently as a joke as the thirty seconds heard in the Highlander film is all that exists. If you're talking about 'New York', which starts off with "I didn't get no sleep last night, etc.", then it dates from the Mr Bad Guy sessions, and was evidently recorded right before rehearsals began for Queen's tour in support of The Works and wasn't completed. This was released in 2000 on the Freddie box set. A home demo of this song also exists, but I haven't heard it.

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 06, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Depends which 'New York' you mean. If you're talking about 'New York New York', it was recorded during the A Kind Of Magic sessions, apparently as a joke as the thirty seconds heard in the Highlander film is all that exists. If you're talking about 'New York', which starts off with "I didn't get no sleep last night, etc.", then it dates from the Mr Bad Guy sessions, and was evidently recorded right before rehearsals began for Queen's tour in support of The Works and wasn't completed. This was released in 2000 on the Freddie box set. A home demo of this song also exists, but I haven't heard it.

Thank you so much for not calling me an idiot even though i am wrong!