Forums > Personal > Landis fails drugs test

forum rss feed
Author

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jul 06, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Floyd Landis, winner of the Tour de France 2006, has given a positive drugs test for the male sex hormone testosterone, his Phonak team said on Thursday.

More news to follow!




I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jul 06, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a dick.


Killed by drones.
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jul 06, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The positive test was after stage 17, which he won in a spectacular way.

A shame for him that his doctors weren't as good as Amstrong his doctors. :P



I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jul 06, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
yamaha user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 314 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jul 06, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This story has more sides than you would imagine. The blood sample that was taken, as I have heard showed elevated levels of testosterone. The issue is that the hormone occures naturally in the body. Sometimes hormone levels can get out of whack due to natural. Just as possible as doping. The result of the comprehensive drug testing that occures after the race has not even been released yet.

I would bet that he ends up keeping his victory.

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jul 06, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yamaha wrote:

This story has more sides than you would imagine. The blood sample that was taken, as I have heard showed elevated levels of testosterone. The issue is that the hormone occures naturally in the body. Sometimes hormone levels can get out of whack due to natural. Just as possible as doping. The result of the comprehensive drug testing that occures after the race has not even been released yet.

I would bet that he ends up keeping his victory.


Would be good for the sport (if it was false alarm) but I really doubt it.


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jul 06, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He did not "fail" a drug test, as the title of this thread falsely claims.

Lets let the facts come out before we jump to conclusions, folks.



The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jul 06, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should just set aside a sport, like cycling, where they would make doping legal. It would make things interesting, bike teams competing to find the best combination of drugs that would lead to the most efficient biker...


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jul 06, 01:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope he gets nailed, whether he cheated or not. He has an absolute arsehole face.

Besides, anyone who wins the Tour de France without singing at least two verses from "Bicycle Race" should be shot.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jul 06, 01:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

They should just set aside a sport, like cycling, where they would make doping legal. It would make things interesting, bike teams competing to find the best combination of drugs that would lead to the most efficient biker...


Thats East Germany man xD


Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want



http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jul 06, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Artist Formerly Known As Paul JR wrote:

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

They should just set aside a sport, like cycling, where they would make doping legal. It would make things interesting, bike teams competing to find the best combination of drugs that would lead to the most efficient biker...


Thats East Germany man xD


Hmm.. I'm afraid it was East Germany.. The last few years cycling was like Music Man said.. The sportsman with the best doctor won!! But this year I really believed the tour was clean.

Landis says that he always has a high testosterone level in his body, and that the alcohol after stage 16 might have increased the level... But somehow I don't believe him. But what will his mommy say if it's proved he's lying?



I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jul 06, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#CC0066 face="Bradley Hand ITC"> The Mir@cle </font> wrote:

The Artist Formerly Known As Paul JR wrote:

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

They should just set aside a sport, like cycling, where they would make doping legal. It would make things interesting, bike teams competing to find the best combination of drugs that would lead to the most efficient biker...


Thats East Germany man xD


Hmm.. I'm afraid it was East Germany.. The last few years cycling was like Music Man said.. The sportsman with the best doctor won!! But this year I really believed the tour was clean.

Landis says that he always has a high testosterone level in his body, and that the alcohol after stage 16 might have increased the lever... But somehow I don't believe him. But what will his mommy say if it's proved he's lying?


Remember the Olympics where the East German girls swimteam broke records but had to forfeit because they tested postitive?


Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want



http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jul 06, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure the athletes' testosterone status is documented in theit health passes like blood values etc? It should be easy to find out if his normal testosterone status is that high or not.


I do not want any google ads here.