Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Has Queen ever performed in CUBA?

forum rss feed
Author

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I asked a few months earlier if Queen had performed in China, and I forgot to ask about Cuba, and if so, have they performed in any other parts of the carribbean also?

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol...Just so this topic isn't ignored...i have no idea, to tell you the truth...I only know they performed in South America, but have no idea whether they did in the "Caribbean" Areas. Don't hate me...I am not, what you would call, a Queen Expert.

RETROLOVE

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its cool, I was just wondering with all of the drama going on their...with Fidel Castro being sick and all, I was just wondering...

What about Russia?

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 01:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B>Jellybean Queen<h6>sweetbodykisses<B> wrote:

Its cool, I was just wondering with all of the drama going on their...with Fidel Castro being sick and all, I was just wondering...

What about Russia?

I AM RUSSIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO, THEY DID NOT PERFORM IN RUSSIA!! I AM CERTAIN OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! sorry! haha! I got a little carried away!

RETROLOVE

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="FF0033">Drowse wrote:

What about Russia?

I AM RUSSIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO THEY DID NOT PERFORM IN RUSSIA!! I AM CERTAIN OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! sorry!

Ah man, sorry Drowse :( Let me tell you, Queen was just down the street from my house (half an hour to be correct), and I didnt go to see them, cause no one wanted to go with me. Nobody I know likes Queen!!!

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 01:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about Russia?

I AM RUSSIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO THEY DID NOT PERFORM IN RUSSIA!! I AM CERTAIN OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! sorry!

Ah man, sorry Drowse :( Let me tell you, Queen was just down the street from my house (half an hour to be correct), and I didnt go to see them, cause no one wanted to go with me. Nobody I know likes Queen!!!

That is absolutely horrible! No-body I know likes Queen either ;(...nobody...at all...so I went by myself :(

RETROLOVE

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about Russia?

That is absolutely horrible! No-body I know likes Queen either ;(...nobody...at all...so I went by myself :(

Me either!! My brothers laugh at me everytime I start listening to my Queen CD's , and I suggested that my dad and brother bring along some of Queen CD for their recent road trip, and my brother said that they dont listen to gay bands...I'm like who's to say that your not gay...lol

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about Russia?

Me either!! My brothers laugh at me everytime I start listening to my Queen CD's , and I suggested that my dad and brother bring along some of Queen CD for their recent road trip, and my brother said that they dont listen to gay bands...I'm like who's to say that your not gay...lol

lol...I have an idiot sister who says the same thing...QUEEN IS NOT GAY! I hate it when Queen is referred to as being "gay"...disgusting :(

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

to answer your question, no. Queen never performed in Cuba, Communist/Dictatorships are never opened minded to free world music if you know what I mean....besides Castro was spending too much time sucking on cigars AKA big brown cuban cox.

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
RETROLOVE

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kingarthur wrote:

to answer your question, no. Queen never performed in Cuba, Communist/Dictatorships are never opened minded to free world music if you know what I mean....besides Castro was spending too much time sucking on cigars AKA big brown cuban cox.

Damn...lol

RETROLOVE

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about Russia?

lol...I have an idiot sister who says the same thing...QUEEN IS NOT GAY! I hate it when Queen is referred to as being "gay"...disgusting :(

My brother always says that they were all gay, and if they werent gay, why did they have a song called Orge battle...he such a goof-ball...he rather listen to: bang bang I'm ma kill ya and do your girl up the butt rap...lol

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian played in Russia.

And Queen + Paul Rodgers played in Aruba

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger also played in Russia. Together with Brian.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 09:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about Russia?

That's rather pathetic. Are you not capable of doing something yourself? Do you need a band of 'friends' behind you before you dare take initiative?

If you'd have had a backbone, you'd have gone on your own.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

MadeInMadhouse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think That Fidel Doesnt Like Queen!! Probably his friend HUGO CHAVEZ probably doesnt like them too! I hope not, cos I am living in Venezuela!!... Probably Cubans doenst have the oportunity or the freedom to listen foreigner music... Say not to imperial things!!! Fidel is a God!!!<---- Thats the way it is :-(

------> Politician are a Pain in the arse

"Sometimes the last thing you want to know is the truth" The Key.. Roger Taylor...
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen never played at the Caribbean.. only with Paul Rodgers they played in Aruba, in 2005. Look at a map, and you'll see where it is.

I'm not communist and i'm not capitalist... but Fidel is a legend... but with no doubt Cuba needs a democratic government, not being invaded by Bush. Let cubans look for their own democracy.

Life Is A Bitch...

wembley86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey tom stop it the bull. what makes you god almighty. hey they have feelings about it so let them. why do you have to be such a trouble maker. did you not have your ovaltine today?

shannon sweet
blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

What about Russia?

That's rather pathetic. Are you not capable of doing something yourself? Do you need a band of 'friends' behind you before you dare take initiative?

If you'd have had a backbone, you'd have gone on your own.

Holy shit, he is right. I would've gone by myself.

You could've met some really neat people there! :(

I'm so pissed I could spit.
marcio17@queenzone.com user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 121 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen was banned in Russia and China(both comunnists countries at that time) during the eighties, because it was said that they corrupt youngsters.

However, Queen managed to perform in Argentina and Brazil during dictatorships in 1981,maybe they liked their music, or at least they didn´t want to have such a absolute control over people, or foreign culture.

In the end, it wolud nice for Queen to have some Gigs in Cuba, it would like another big step for them, more advertising world wide, and a new market.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 06, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

marcio17@queenzone.com wrote:

Queen was banned in Russia and China(both comunnists countries at that time) during the eighties, because it was said that they corrupt youngsters.

Queen have NEVER been banned in Russia/Soviet Union. Queen have released albums in Russia/USSR. Spread Your Wings was shown on Soviet TV in the first half of 80s even!.