Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Freddie Best of Cd, waste of time

forum rss feed
Author

DudleyFufkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 582 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 06, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why is there another "best of freddie mercury" cd out? just cos he would have been 60? He's only just had a box set and greatest hits, now this. Bloody Queen productions are breaking my balls over this. Its not as if his solo stuff was any good. I bet all the stepfords will buy it. Sad bastards.

"your shit and you know you are".
Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 06, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow.
You must be related to vivival or BPP in some way, shape or form.
Although I too bemoan the release of YET ANOTHER rerelease, I'm still pleased that QP is at least recognizing Freddie's 60th birthday.
Better than the alternative.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 06, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As someone once said, it's good for the newbie to Freddie's solo material (like me) but then there's already about two best of compilations already available.

MOANZONE TWAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 422 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 06, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DudleyFufkin wrote:

Why is there another "best of freddie mercury" cd out? just cos he would have been 60? He's only just had a box set and greatest hits, now this. Bloody Queen productions are breaking my balls over this. Its not as if his solo stuff was any good. I bet all the stepfords will buy it. Sad bastards.

So when's your 60th Birthday cd coming out? Get a life.

Crockerdile user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 06, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DudleyFufkin wrote:

Because, like with every other top selling artist going, they see a sense in bringing out an updated "best of" album every so often to interest those record buyers with a passing interest in any particular artist. If people buy it and enjoy it, they've made a smart business decision, pretty simple really.

Does their decision to bring this out really "break your balls"? does it really keep you awake at night and cause you to occasionally break down in tears? Does it really cause a great deal of unhappiness in your life? Are you absolutely certain that it's just the stepfords that are the sad bastards on this particular occasion? :o)

He's not the messiah, now p*ss off!
Ian R user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 827 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 06, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YoungStratMan wrote:

So when's your 60th Birthday cd coming out?

In about 57 years time.

Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 06, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Job done.

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 06, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

True that brothers and sistas!

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
marcio17@queenzone.com user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 121 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 00:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep

dave76 user not visiting Queenzone.com
dave76
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am only curious about the remixes on cd 2 because i have all the rest in my FM boxset. also the extra bits on the Untold Story dvd are interesting for me, especially an emotional Brian giving a speech before the statue is revealed. i also saw on the new freddie site that the book that comes with this new set has some nice "new" pictures. Ok, alot of stuff we already have seen in the past but it's great that our Idol is still remembered and luckely this new set will features some extra's...

QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sound like he/she is jealous

I will buy it when it come out also his book too i have the freddie figure too very nice

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Light the fuse and run away, eh Dudley?

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup. Sounds like Dudley to me.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=purple>Miss James wrote:

I have the Complete Freddie box set, so I don't need any Best Of cd. Neener, neener, neenerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

;-P

But what about all the LOVELY bonus remixes? C'mon, Miss James, how can you say no to six remixes of 'Love Kills'?

Oh, and you haven't got your Freddie box set anymore, as I've gone and stolen it.

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DudleyFufkin wrote:

if you bothed to read brain's soap box he's already make it clear they have no say over the solo stuff

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

"I think it's time to make this very clear.

We, that is Roger and myself, have NOTHING whatever to do with the way Freddie's solo material is handled. This situation is not something that makes me very happy, but there are reasons to do with his Estate which dictate this.

© brianmay.com"

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's see, I have over 100 different Queen CDs (including imports, re-issues, and all 46 greatest hits cds), plus all the cd singles (UK & US) and records, tapes, etc.

I will gladly shell out my money for any future release as well. I have no problem with recycling and repackaging. Never even unwrapped my Queen AI cd and probably won't.

I don't think it a waste of time at all.

_Bijou_ user not visiting Queenzone.com
_Bijou_
Bohemian: 292 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not a waste of time. People all the time are discovering Queen and Freddie's music and this coming out is great for a new fan to buy.

And would you rather they don't commerate Freddie's birthday at all? Get a life.

www.youtube.com/user/StarSupernova2

Please visit my site at:

www.freewebs.com/queenheaven

*(UPDATED 06/05/08)*

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bijou In Queens Crown wrote:

And would you rather they don't commerate Freddie's birthday at all? Get a life.

See, now that confuses me. Why SHOULD Freddie's birthday be commemorated? I don't recall any birthday celebrations for Jimi Hendrix, or Jim Morrison, or Keith Moon, or John Bonham, etc. There might have been one for John Lennon, but I don't recall. But what's the point in celebrating a dead man's birthday? I don't throw a party every year for my long-deceased grandfather on what would have been his birthday.

I know that sounds far more callous than I might intend it to be, but I just don't understand the whole "60th birthday celebrations" thing.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

I know that sounds far more callous than I might intend it to be, but I just don't understand the whole "60th birthday celebrations" thing.

Freddie 60th Birthday = $$$$ for somebody

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:

Freddie 60th Birthday = $$$$ for somebody

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was driving at. I guess I should know by now that there's ALWAYS an anniversary serving as an excuse to repackage something.