Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > IBEX: Jailhouse Rock studio recording

forum rss feed
Author

freddie lives 28817 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 07:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was given this a few years ago - I believe it was recorded at one of the conventions.

There's only about 30 seconds of it here, but it is apparantly Freddie's earliest studio recording.

Now. Is anyone going to share anything else that's rare, or are those few of you still holding onto "Face It Alone" going to remain holding onto it?

LINK REMOVED - SEE BELOW.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 08:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddie lives: This is NOT studio, but LIVE, and comes from the already heavilly bootlegged Ibex live reel, and is now as rare as cheese and onion flavoured crisps. If you ask nicely, I am sure someone in here will provide a link to the complete recording.

I am sorry, but the first time Freddie ever entered a recording studio - was with Queen.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scream_for_reality wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

freddie lives: This is NOT studio, but LIVE, and comes from the already heavilly bootlegged Ibex live reel, and is now as rare as cheese and onion flavoured crisps. If you ask nicely, I am sure someone in here will provide a link to the complete recording.

I am sorry, but the first time Freddie ever entered a recording studio - was with Queen.


maybe I might be deaf but this sounded clearer than the version I've heard... wait I will upload the commonly known version in a second. (might as well do the whole concert again, but then again I can't be arsed)

Edit: http://rapidshare.de/files/28158901/04_Jailhouse_Rock.wma.html

This is the (complete) version I have


The problem is that speed variations, PC cleaning of the track, and even basic eq changing can make a track sound different - but nevertheless, they are indeed the same.

Also, as I said above, Freddie, unlike John, Brian and Roger was a studio virgin, and did not see the inside of a studio until his days with Queen.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
freddie lives 28817 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John,
I can't argue with you as i've checked it myself now and you're right, but this track was played at convention 2003 and it WAS announced as a Studio recording.

may as well remove the link then.


John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddie lives wrote:

John,
I can't argue with you as i've checked it myself now and you're right, but this track was played at convention 2003 and it WAS announced as a Studio recording.

may as well remove the link then.


No, no, I do not doubt your sincerity. But based on the above facts, I think even a blind man could deduce this - which leads me to the next question...

Who announced it as a studio version...


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
freddie lives 28817 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

whoever the guests were that year who brought it.
Ken Testi?


Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can you post the link again, please?
I just want to check it, too!!

Take care

MOANZONE TWAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 422 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Scream_for_reality wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

freddie lives: This is NOT studio, but LIVE, and comes from the already heavilly bootlegged Ibex live reel, and is now as rare as cheese and onion flavoured crisps. If you ask nicely, I am sure someone in here will provide a link to the complete recording.

I am sorry, but the first time Freddie ever entered a recording studio - was with Queen.


maybe I might be deaf but this sounded clearer than the version I've heard... wait I will upload the commonly known version in a second. (might as well do the whole concert again, but then again I can't be arsed)

Edit: http://rapidshare.de/files/28158901/04_Jailhouse_Rock.wma.html

This is the (complete) version I have


The problem is that speed variations, PC cleaning of the track, and even basic eq changing can make a track sound different - but nevertheless, they are indeed the same.

Also, as I said above, Freddie, unlike John, Brian and Roger was a studio virgin, and did not see the inside of a studio until his days with Queen.



The upload is much appreciated, but like JSS said, Ibex nor Freddie entered the studio. Freddie didn't enter the studio until Smile/Queen. Bri & Roger already had studio experience (Bri with 1984, & Smile) And Rog with Smile & (i still beleive) Johnny Quale & The Reaction.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scream_for_reality wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

freddie lives: This is NOT studio, but LIVE, and comes from the already heavilly bootlegged Ibex live reel, and is now as rare as cheese and onion flavoured crisps. If you ask nicely, I am sure someone in here will provide a link to the complete recording.

I am sorry, but the first time Freddie ever entered a recording studio - was with Queen.


maybe I might be deaf but this sounded clearer than the version I've heard... wait I will upload the commonly known version in a second. (might as well do the whole concert again, but then again I can't be arsed)

Edit: http://rapidshare.de/files/28158901/04_Jailhouse_Rock.wma.html

This is the (complete) version I have


The file you post as studio has crowd noise and other pointers which clearly indicate it as being live.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 06, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

Can you post the link again, please?
I just want to check it, too!!

Take care


Why - it's the live version - end of. It was removed for that reason.

Don't you believe us?
Or do you think that we are all so incompetent that we need a second opinion?


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Roger's Beard user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Aug 06, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

er ThomasQuinn, the crowd noise is the noise of the crowd at the convention (as stated in original post).
Unfortunately (and for the life of me I can't quite figure it out) when Greg does his sessions of Archive material, there are folks that quite happily talk and shout over it - and you'd think that the people who pay £100+ to go to convention every year would be "fans", eager to listen to unheard stuff...
It's like going to a concert and you end up with two twats behind you that do nothing but talk all the time.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Aug 06, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Bobby_brown wrote:

Can you post the link again, please?
I just want to check it, too!!

Take care


Why - it's the live version - end of. It was removed for that reason.

Don't you believe us?
Or do you think that we are all so incompetent that we need a second opinion?


No, i just wanted to compare to the one i have. Because, if this was played at the convention stating it was live, then it´s a serious mistake and i just wanted to hear the "worked" version, so that in the future i can´t be fooled with this one.

Take care