Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Interesting thought

forum rss feed
Author

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surely there are many so called "clues" in Queen lyrics that may suggest Freddie was suffering from AIDS, or hinting that he was gay, but then we learn that Freddie wasn't the author of those lyrics.

But what if Freddie just let the other guys take credit for "his" songs? I know it's a strange theory, and I'm pretty sure someone is going to get pissed at me. That's always the case. QZ is such a friendly place, isn't it?

In that interview in Brazil with the retarded reporter, when asked if I Want To Break Free had anything to do with homosexuality, Freddie says that the song was written by John, a happily married man with children.

What if, as unlikely as it seems, Freddie let John take credit for the song?

Another example is TSMGO, with the words "My makeup may be flaking, but my smile still stays on".

Just a thought, a strange thought.

Go ahead, send me hate mail. You know you want to. ;)




[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not a really interesting thought, it's just an unfounded theory. And the Brazilian interviewer was not "retarded", she just did not speak English - it was not fair to send her to conduct the interview when she could not understand the answers.


I do not want any google ads here.

7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it is an interesting thought. And that reporter was annoying. I remember someone saying, either Jim Hutton or Peter Freestone, that the line that really fit Freddie at the time was, the "my makeup may be flaking" one. I think you could be on to something.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made



"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean



I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
Jakobe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=pink>The Millionaire Waltz wrote:

Surely there are many so called "clues" in Queen lyrics that may suggest Freddie was suffering from AIDS, or hinting that he was gay, but then we learn that Freddie wasn't the author of those lyrics.

But what if Freddie just let the other guys take credit for "his" songs? I know it's a strange theory, and I'm pretty sure someone is going to get pissed at me. That's always the case. QZ is such a friendly place, isn't it?

In that interview in Brazil with the retarded reporter, when asked if I Want To Break Free had anything to do with homosexuality, Freddie says that the song was written by John, a happily married man with children.

What if, as unlikely as it seems, Freddie let John take credit for the song?

Another example is TSMGO, with the words "My makeup may be flaking, but my smile still stays on".

Just a thought, a strange thought.

Go ahead, send me hate mail. You know you want to. ;)



Brian wrote The Show Must Go On with Freddie in mind. He has talked about it on his soapbox.

Aquillas user not visiting Queenzone.com
Omul invizibil
Aquillas
Bohemian: 613 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, it's an interesting theory but...you need stronger arguments to make such kind of statements. Maybe things are just the way everybody knows and we are just trying to complicate them for no reason.


www.queenpedia.com - The Queen encyclopedia
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With many songs.

For example, Was It All Worth It... this seemed to have certain vibe coming from it saying that
Freddie's career was nearly at an end and he, along with the band, were looking back to their fabulous past they've spent together.
Was it all worth it? Yes, it was a worth while experience!

Love you.


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That Brazil interviewer is funny. They really should of got someone who is qualified to understand and speak the English language.



John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

That Brazil interviewer is funny. They really should of got someone who is qualified to understand and speak the English language.


I really love irony.

Do you not mean: "They really should HAVE got someone who WAS qualified..."?


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=pink>The Millionaire Waltz wrote:

I know it's a strange theory, and I'm pretty sure someone is going to get pissed at me. That's always the case. QZ is such a friendly place, isn't it?


Heee. Yes, nothing but friendly people here.


"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

its_a_hard_life wrote:

That Brazil interviewer is funny. They really should of got someone who is qualified to understand and speak the English language.


I really love irony.

Do you not mean: "They really should HAVE got someone who WAS qualified..."?


Yes. I ment that. Opps.



Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeh, I were just laughing at that two!
Help! Websters! It's happening to me now!

evv95 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 42 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 06, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ABOUT THE REPORTER!

She is not retarded. And she speaks English, I think.

Here in Brazil, I don't know why, in international interviews they used to record the reporter speaking English and then the question spoken in Portuguese.

Before broadcasting, they edit the interview to appear that the reporter is speaking in Portuguese and the interviewed one is speaking in English.

Mr. Mercury just made fun of her.


Doh!
dtucra user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Brasilian lady is funny, and Freddie was kind to her, so he didn't mind the routine.
About the lyrics... Crossed my mind somehow. Seems now like Brian was more distressed than Freddie or that he found a better way to show it.
Like TATDOOL. That "I still love you!" in the end is Freddie style, at least the way he says it (and not sing it). Still, the song is credited to Rog.
But Freddie said once that he found things to cling to in the others' songs.
I think he did touch lyrics here and there, but couldn't take the credit for the whole.

Al TurHao user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


I think the subject of this topic is somehow an insult to John, Roger and Brian.


Being a Scolar when it comes to Queen...
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Al TurHao wrote:


I think the subject of this topic is somehow an insult to John, Roger and Brian.


Dude, it was just a thought! And wasn't TATDOOL credited to Queen, not Roger, though probably written by Roger?

And TSMGO, don't you even think the title of I Want To Break Free is even slightly... gay?



[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=pink>The Millionaire Waltz wrote:

Al TurHao wrote:


I think the subject of this topic is somehow an insult to John, Roger and Brian.


Dude, it was just a thought! And wasn't TATDOOL credited to Queen, not Roger, though probably written by Roger?

And TSMGO, don't you even think the title of I Want To Break Free is even slightly... gay?


You´re gay..


O_o
Rogers Eye Bags user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=pink>The Millionaire Waltz wrote:

Surely there are many so called "clues" in Queen lyrics that may suggest Freddie was suffering from AIDS, or hinting that he was gay, but then we learn that Freddie wasn't the author of those lyrics.

But what if Freddie just let the other guys take credit for "his" songs? I know it's a strange theory, and I'm pretty sure someone is going to get pissed at me. That's always the case. QZ is such a friendly place, isn't it?

In that interview in Brazil with the retarded reporter, when asked if I Want To Break Free had anything to do with homosexuality, Freddie says that the song was written by John, a happily married man with children.

What if, as unlikely as it seems, Freddie let John take credit for the song?

Another example is TSMGO, with the words "My makeup may be flaking, but my smile still stays on".

Just a thought, a strange thought.

Go ahead, send me hate mail. You know you want to. ;)






John Deacon did in fact write I Want to Break Free all by himself. Freddie most certainly DID NOT let John take credit for that song. Why would he do that? John was a talented songwriter on his own....Another One Bites the Dust, Spread Your Wings, etc. John's songs were brilliant!

val 29467 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

millionaire waltz, you do seem to come up with alot of theory's lately...


but you don't give me comfort and a man's gotta get it somewhere -brian may

i'll give you comfort brian XD
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 06, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Audacity of Kelley, ROFLMAO, nice move!

Eh, the thought has crossed my mind, but I never believed it, because..well...what a stupid idea! Number one, if Freddie really did write breakfree, and had it credited to John, that would mean he was ashamed of the whole gay thing and uh..I dont think he was.

As for Show Must Go On, i think Freddie had a role in the lyrics, but not totally.