Forums > Queen - General Discussion > what queen would be like if freddie didn't replaced tim??

forum rss feed
Author

Zhavie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Will queen be a legend like they do with freddie???

Brian has a great talent on the guitar and he wrote great songs too, roger is great on the drum but not very good in writing songs and john is really quite but he playing the bass quite good and wrote some big hits...well i don't really know about tim talents...but absolutely i don't think he is better than freddie...

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't know much about Tim's voice, since I only heard the contents on "In Nuce". I must say though, his vocal range is nice...His vocal work on the song Polar Bear is great. But I have to say, when it goes on to the main chorus, or whatever, he exaggerates, and starts either singing off key, or having trouble with it. Freddie, without a question is a MUCH BETTER lead singer than Tim. But...getting on topic now...In my opinion, if they ever were to become famous, Brian would be the one keeping the band alive. So would Roger, and John. I have to disagree with you though. I think Roger's composition skills are excellent. But That is just my opinion. I am no expert, of course...so If I am wrong, correct me. :)

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll correct you!...Roger had some problems in the writing department in my opinion. I'm talking early queen, usually he wrote one song per album in the early days and usually they were the least best on the album. "loser in the end, drowse, more of that jazz, coming soon. remember, if it wasn't for bo rhap they would have probably broke up. to answer your question, queen wouldn't have made it without freddie. freddie wouldn't have made it without the others either. they needed each other. Time was running out for them, they were already in their mid to late twenties when they released their first album.

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zhavie wrote:

Brian has a great talent on the guitar and he wrote great songs too, roger is great on the drum but not very good in writing songs and john is really quite but he playing the bass quite good and wrote some big hits...well i don't really know about tim talents...but absolutely i don't think he is better than freddie...

Genius, they were gonna break up plus they wouldnt be Queen because Freddie thought of that name. I mean these what ifs are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrell and teter on stupid ad inane..

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 04:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="Pink">The Show Must Go On wrote:

There wouldn't be Queen if Freddie didn't replace Tim

Exactly

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zhavie wrote:

I think I might have to kill you for saying that Roger cant write songs......
He deffenetely wrote a lot of crap, but most of the songs that made it to the albums are really brilliant!
How can you critisise stuff like TATDOOL or Modern Times Rock/Roll, or Radio GaGa????

O_o
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He could write songs, in the later days he became a solid songwriter. the writing in the early days wasn't so good. I'm in love with my car is ok, and tenament funster rules. I'll say half the songs he wrote were crap and half were good or great. I don't consider radio ga ga one of queens best songs and I like johns songwriting above rogers.

eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M a t i a s M a y<h6><i>QZ's Rainmaker wrote:

Exactly

no only that, but there wouldn't be a Queen legacy.

Zhavie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i am not saying that roger is bad at writing song but he is just not as good as freddie, brian and even john...he only wrote some big hits unlike the others i think...

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

without Freddie,Mr May and Mr Taylor would be great ditch diggers.

john pistlli
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zhavie wrote:

i am not saying that roger is bad at writing song but he is just not as good as freddie, brian and even john...he only wrote some big hits unlike the others i think...

Objectively speaking, Roger had more capabilities than John. John was a thorougly mediocre composer.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What if John had a beard? Then he would be someone with a beard. Nice topic.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Mike Label user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 162 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I spoke to Tim some years ago in London and he said that he could never have done what Freddie did for Queen and that he had no regrets (and he said it was nice to still receive two cheques a year for his songwriting contribution to Doin' Alright ... - oh and he said that his favourite Queen song was probably Somebody To Love)
Anyway, Tim's a real nice guy!

Cheers, Mike

MOANZONE TWAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 422 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Obviously there would be no Queen as they were still known as Smile in the early days. But i must point out that Freddie actually wrote most of the Queen songs that became hits in most of the world, even the harder rock tracks that most ppl think that it was Brian. And John, lol he copied most of his arrangements, Another one bites the dust (Good Times), Spread your wings (Rocky Raccoon). Tim is an ok singer, has a good range, but no Freddie, but who is? Freddie! I think Smile would have had more success than they had, but not even close to Queen's.

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 06, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No shit dude! Of coure Staffel isn't Freddie. They would likely have been a band noticed by the popular masses, just not Queen.

And by the way... Roger is an AWESOME song writer, drummer, vocalist, and damned good guitarist.

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 06, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

I'll correct you!...Roger had some problems in the writing department in my opinion. I'm talking early queen, usually he wrote one song per album in the early days and usually they were the least best on the album. "loser in the end, drowse, more of that jazz, coming soon. remember, if it wasn't for bo rhap they would have probably broke up. to answer your question, queen wouldn't have made it without freddie. freddie wouldn't have made it without the others either. they needed each other. Time was running out for them, they were already in their mid to late twenties when they released their first album.

I agree with you darling!

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

RETROLOVE

Posted: 11 Aug 06, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That was Queen's destiny!!

RETROLOVE

Posted: 11 Aug 06, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

without Freddie,Mr May and Mr Taylor would be great ditch diggers.

Whoa...lol, that was mean...

They probably still would have been famous musicians without Freddie, even John.

RETROLOVE

Posted: 11 Aug 06, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YoungStratMan wrote:

Obviously there would be no Queen as they were still known as Smile in the early days. But i must point out that Freddie actually wrote most of the Queen songs that became hits in most of the world, even the harder rock tracks that most ppl think that it was Brian. And John, lol he copied most of his arrangements, Another one bites the dust (Good Times), Spread your wings (Rocky Raccoon). Tim is an ok singer, has a good range, but no Freddie, but who is? Freddie! I think Smile would have had more success than they had, but not even close to Queen's.

Mmmmmm, no:

John was probably influenced by Good times, but he didnt copy it, but yeah, it was almost the same music.

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 06, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all it wouldn't be called Queen, and it would probably be a B-band... okay, maybe not, but definately not as famous as Queen.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]