Author

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very scary!

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8684 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, just heard it on the radio!
I guess it's time for that crap again...

Killed by drones.
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Apparently they're not letting anybody take hangbaggage on board at any airports in the UK.. You can only take medication and supplies for babies.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw the AP article early this morning and it didn't read with any urgency. The updated one reads more like the BBC article. Very frightening. I would like to know some specifics about the 21 they arrested - like if there's any connection between them and the 11 Egyptians 'students' who came here in July (3 of whom have been found and arrested).

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard about this as soon as it broke (Like 2am Eastern time here) because I was at work. It's getting pretty crazy, from what I hear. Heathrowe is completely closed, every flight coming into the US from the UK is on Code Red, no carry-ons are allowed, and you have to take all of your "liquid and gel" things out of your bags to get checked. You know, things like hair gel and stuff.
My only question is, they knew this was coming, there were signs (The guy from Al-Quida saying that they were pulling off of another smaller train bombing because "something much bigger was in the works"). So they announce to the world that they foiled the plot, and good for them for doing that (What do you know? The Transportation Screw-Up Administation did something right for a change!!). But why announce all of the specifics? You may have stopped this one, but they will plan more. Announcing that they foiled this plan is only going to give people a false sense of security. The terrorists will try again.

Formerly MHG
magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CMU HistoryGirl wrote:

But why announce all of the specifics? You may have stopped this one, but they will plan more. Announcing that they foiled this plan is only going to give people a false sense of security. The terrorists will try again.

Terrorists will always try again, that's what they do. No one should let their guard down, but we can't be held captive by the possibility of another attack. Easy to say - not so easy to do.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

AspiringPhilosophe

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's true...you will never please everyone. My point was that people can't rest on their laurels. They can't sit back and say, "Well, that was the big one, and we foiled it. Good job, guys! Our job is done."
There will be more plots like this, and at some point one will slip through the cracks. It's excellent they caught this one, and applause to the authorities on both sides of the pond for cathing this one in time, but I hope they don't relax now that they've caught this one. More will come. That's a certainty.

Formerly MHG
AspiringPhilosophe

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

CMU HistoryGirl wrote:

But why announce all of the specifics? You may have stopped this one, but they will plan more. Announcing that they foiled this plan is only going to give people a false sense of security. The terrorists will try again.

Terrorists will always try again, that's what they do. No one should let their guard down, but we can't be held captive by the possibility of another attack. Easy to say - not so easy to do.

Excellent point. You've got to be aware of things like this happening, but you can't let it keep you captive. It's all about finding a "happy medium", or a balance between safety and security. Going too soft or too hard on the security is bad.

Formerly MHG
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A friend of mine is supposed to fly to London tomorrow... scary.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Dances With Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1928 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

one of my best friends came home from london yesterday.... bet she's really glad to be home!

I'm sick of all this terror! I wish they would just stop.... :(

"it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you're not"

DudleyFufkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 582 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Die muslims Die.

"your shit and you know you are".
great king rat 1138 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 10:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DudleyFufkin wrote:

Die muslims Die.

You really are thick as pigshit aren't you!

How can anyone be so ignorant as to assume that all muslims are hoping to blow people up! The hatred and fear building up regarding muslims now is becoming scarily close to the german attitude towards Jews in 1930-33, and we all know how that one ended up. DudleyFuckwit and I are both welsh, but does that mean that we work down the mines and shag sheep? I can't speak for uncle knobhead here, but I know I don't. So please, enough of the generalisations!

"I'll probably make loads of plans, and then just sit around on my bottom all day long and do nothing." The Man In The Shadows says it like it is.

http://www.myspace.com/petearnold

DudleyFufkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 582 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea, and look what happened to israel, they just bombed lebanon.

"your shit and you know you are".
great king rat 1138 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DudleyFufkin wrote:

Which is something that I'm completely against, but does that mean that Hitler was right in your eyes?

"I'll probably make loads of plans, and then just sit around on my bottom all day long and do nothing." The Man In The Shadows says it like it is.

http://www.myspace.com/petearnold

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where are all the "Stop the war" or "Stop illegal wire tap" people now?

I more than willing to give up a little more of my freedom so we can catch some more of these (laughs) terrorists. Thank God we've got come competant leaders running our countries and not some pacifists who would be taking a body count right now.

magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 12:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mircrowave! wrote:

Where are all the "Stop the war" or "Stop illegal wire tap" people now?

I more than willing to give up a little more of my freedom so we can catch some more of these (laughs) terrorists. Thank God we've got come competant leaders running our countries and not some pacifists who would be taking a body count right now.

Wow. That is one loaded post. Let me just say, I don't consider these 'leaders' competent, I consider them damn lucky.

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=dark red>WhiteQueen wrote:

Its ridiculous,they now have to check babies bottles when going on board because they were gonna use liquid bombs!

I am personally glad that they are doing this because terrorists bombers will use anything to hide liquid bombs in as they are believed to have done here. So yes it is a inconvenience to decent mothers with babies, but at least they and the rest of the passengers will be safe.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great king rat 1138 wrote:

DudleyFufkin wrote:

Which is something that I'm completely against, but does that mean that Hitler was right in your eyes?

By calling for the death of all Muslims, Dudley is bringing himself down to the level of Hitler.

Which doesn't surprise me as he's well know to be a sick racist fuck.
His mother should be proud to give birth to such a despicable human being.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

I don't consider these 'leaders' competent, I consider them damn lucky.

No offense, but you just made my point. They weren't lucky... a lot of work went into the investigation and apprehension of these people. It is ignorant to assume that luck played a role.

Do you think they just walked into the airport and security found a quart of nitrolglycerin in their Slurpee cups?

Instead of criticizing every little fault, why not see the big picture, as we all saw today, that, while inconvenient to some, the measures put in place by our governments are really helping the situation.

Now I'm gonna go buy some $4/gallon gas.

magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 10 Aug 06, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's lucky that some people finally crossed their t's and dotted their i's. There's a lot to say for doing one's job, isn't there? There are processes in place for a reason. They've always been in place - before 9/11 choices were made to ignore/dismiss those basic processes. Luckily, they've decided to do the job the way it's supposed to be done.

No offense taken, btw, and none intended.