Forums > Queen - General Discussion > freddie's final message...

forum rss feed
Author

eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 06, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don't know if this was asked before, but i just want to ask again...

do you guys think that innuendo was somewhat a premonition of what was going to happen to freddie?

i mean come on... listen to innuendo's lyrics. and... the show must go on... and i'm going slightly mad! and to think that "TATDOOL" is a song of reminiscing... he might have reminisced stuff before he died...

just asking. i wanna know what you guys think. :D

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 06, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well.. He knew he was dying, if that's what you mean?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 06, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think you need to research about who wrote TATDOOL and TSMGO...

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 06, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

I think you need to research about who wrote TATDOOL and TSMGO...

Or you could check out my old conspiracy thread. :P

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 06, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, it was obvious he knew he didn't have a lot of time left.

-Things Have Changed For Me-
bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 06, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="Black"><b>friedchicken \m/ wrote:

...do you guys think that innuendo was somewhat a premonition of what was going to happen to freddie?...

Just listen to BoRhap and you know it all... 16 years ahead of time! :-)

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

eenaweena.

Posted: 14 Aug 06, 00:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well, yeah. bo rhap. but then... isn't that like his... sitch? i mean, he was confused and all at that time about his sexuality, etc. but tsmgo and tatdool.... it's really like a dying message. i mean, it doesn't have to be the writer istelf leaving the message... maybe God/Allah/Ahura Mazada (for the zoroastrians) was inclined to make queen write those songs just to give the message... :D

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 06, 01:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just finished watching a Queen doco and Brian said they made innuendo knowing that there wasn't much time left, and he pointed ot you can tell by the songs on it, so there you go.

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 06, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's dead!?

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Want To Live Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 06, 02:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He knew he was infected since the 80's, a lot before The Miracle. Maybe thats why Brian wrote The Show MGO, and Brian, Roger and John agreed to do Delilah. Maybe. The truth is that while recording Innuendo, Queen knew that it was going to be the last time they were together in a studio to record an album. Sad isn't it? you can feel that in the whole album. Just Listen to Bijou, or the great Innuendo song itself. I personally love that album.

Peace.

Interview?... oh, don't be ridiculous!
eenaweena.

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

probably, yeah. he knew he was going already. buti was just thinking... how come they knew that innuendo was gonna be their last? a life span of a person with aids can be unpredictable... just look at magic johnson. he's still alive, and he's got aids. why'd they write such... sad, reflect-y songs already, when they couldn't have exactly predicted what was going to happen? i might be answering my own question in the following sentence. was it because freddie was becoming thinner and thinner by "the miracle"?

-innuendo- 33028 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 03:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh, innuendo the album...
i thought you guys talkin about me..haha

don't take offense at my innuendo...
Bambi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 316 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 06, 00:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do ya think?

eenaweena.

Posted: 16 Aug 06, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-innuendo- wrote:

oh, innuendo the album...
i thought you guys talkin about me..haha

ngyahaha! that's okay. i get lost sometimes too. :)

Want To Live Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts

Posted: 19 Aug 06, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

probably, yeah. he knew he was going already. buti was just thinking... how come they knew that innuendo was gonna be their last? a life span of a person with aids can be unpredictable... just look at magic johnson. he's still alive, and he's got aids. why'd they write such... sad, reflect-y songs already, when they couldn't have exactly predicted what was going to happen? i might be answering my own question in the following sentence. was it because freddie was becoming thinner and thinner by "the miracle"?

When they got into studio to record Innuendo, Freddie was ILL, not just had AIDS, he was ill and going down.

Theres people like Magic Johnson and many others doing alright this days, but Freddie was living his last days, he knew it, the doctors knew it and the rest of Queen knew it, that's why this album is like that, there's no coincidence.

The fact is that Freddie and the others knew he didnt have much time left, not only that he was infected or he had AIDS. Maybe the doctors told him how much time he had left.

Do you know that nobody dies directly from the virus or AIDS? the virus fux your entire immune system and you can die of anything that a healhty person wont die from it. Freddie sadly died form pneumonia, because there was no cure for him, and in his case it could have been anything, cuz a person with aids can die of any sickness, it just goes more and more complicated till the end.

Interview?... oh, don't be ridiculous!
eenaweena.

Posted: 19 Aug 06, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Want To Live Forever wrote:

When they got into studio to record Innuendo, Freddie was ILL, not just had AIDS, he was ill and going down.

Theres people like Magic Johnson and many others doing alright this days, but Freddie was living his last days, he knew it, the doctors knew it and the rest of Queen knew it, that's why this album is like that, there's no coincidence.

The fact is that Freddie and the others knew he didnt have much time left, not only that he was infected or he had AIDS. Maybe the doctors told him how much time he had left.

Do you know that nobody dies directly from the virus or AIDS? the virus fux your entire immune system and you can die of anything that a healhty person wont die from it. Freddie sadly died form pneumonia, because there was no cure for him, and in his case it could have been anything, cuz a person with aids can die of any sickness, it just goes more and more complicated till the end.

oh... i see.. thanks for clearing that up for me!!! :D

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 19 Aug 06, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the lyrics were surprisingly not his when you think they must have been. But, yeah... Innuendo was made with the knowledge that it was likely the end. So was Made In Heaven(other than the remake songs of the past), and even The Miracle might have had Freddie's condition in mind.

I think Freddie wasn't about direct lyrics, but more so about lyrics that could have multiple interpretations and more importantly lyrics that have a timeless, broad stance to define the songs, not any outside thoughts, themes or meanings.

eenaweena.

Posted: 19 Aug 06, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry..

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 19 Aug 06, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's final message was in fact printed in the Kensington Gazzette on the Thursday following his death. It read; "Signed copy of Driven By You by Brian May for sale, never been played £3.00 O.N.O. P.O Box 3677, London."

fatty.

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 19 Aug 06, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fatty wrote:

Freddie's final message was in fact printed in the Kensington Gazzette on the Thursday following his death. It read; "Signed copy of Driven By You by Brian May for sale, never been played £3.00 O.N.O. P.O Box 3677, London."

fatty.

That's total and utter pish, Fatty. It was £5.00.
Freddie knew his antiques.