Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Artists That Didnt Like Queen

forum rss feed
Author

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ive heard so many artist talk good about Queen but Im wondering if there are any artists that dont like Queen and have said it and is on record, I know that the singer of Kansas didnt like Freddie and said some stuff about him, anyone know of other artists?

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not really a popular thing to denounce bands you DIDN'T like once you make it big. It's kind of rude.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The singer of Kansas didn't like Freddie?!?! AHHHH!!! I used to like Kansas! Oh my gosh....I have to delete their songs from my computer! I'm burning their CD! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

The singer of Kansas didn't like Freddie?!?! AHHHH!!! I used to like Kansas! Oh my gosh....I have to delete their songs from my computer! I'm burning their CD! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

And maybe you should like.. summon satan to kill the lead singer of Kansas because disliking freddie is just INTOLERABLE..

Jakobe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

It's not really a popular thing to denounce bands you DIDN'T like once you make it big. It's kind of rude.

Haha, Roger does it all the time.

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=000000>?Poppy? wrote:

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

And maybe you should like.. summon satan to kill the lead singer of Kansas because disliking freddie is just INTOLERABLE..
Disliking Freddie IS intolerable. I'll probably just send him hate mail filled with threats and verbal abuse.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

LMAO!!!! You're awesome, Poppy!

SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

lol Haha, I enjoy your sense of humour. *Sigh* Some people are just too much into fandom you know? As if Freddie would care what a single person or two thought of him....I think its silly to bash those who have different opinions on things. No disrespect to 7 Seas Of Rhye though :). Just a general thing you know?

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SK wrote:

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

lol Haha, I enjoy your sense of humour. *Sigh* Some people are just too much into fandom you know? As if Freddie would care what a single person or two thought of him....I think its silly to bash those who have different opinions on things. No disrespect to 7 Seas Of Rhye though :). Just a general thing you know?

Well I don't care what anybody says. I don't like anyone who doesn't like Freddie. It's that simple.

SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

SK wrote:

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

Well I don't care what anybody says. I don't like anyone who doesn't like Freddie. It's that simple.

Well, I suppose its your choice to for-go such a method. But prehaps you should realize that it is a bit silly. Oh well, we all have our quirks. More power to you.

SilverShoes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

Uh, actually, since the rise of punk rock, yes it is popular to denoucne people you don't like. Case in point: Kurt Cobain went out of his way to trash both Guns N Roses and Pearl Jam in numerous interviews after Nirvana became big.

As for Queen, the dork singer from The Cure (Robert Smith or whatever his name is) said in Rolling Stone a couple years ago "I'm against Queen and everything they stand for". I wasn't the biggest Cure fan before that, but I lost whatever little respect I had for that guy and his music after that. DUDE, it's been 25 years! Whatever it is, get over it!!!! And get a haircut! AND stop wearing so much pancake makeup!!!!

"Compromise? That word is not in our vocabulary"-Roger Taylor, quoting Freddie Mercury
deadbird user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys are retarded. I might passionately LOVE graipfruit, but, it might be a tad silly of me to attck anyone who hates that food because they SHOULD like it and SHOULD share my opinion. I realsie this is different, but.... why am I wasting my time right now...
saying these things... it stupid, selfsentered, and perspectivless. Not to mention totally unusful and unimportant. You know what? I dont give a crap if any of you random people do not like Freddie Mercury. Like... fine. I do. Do each his own. I think Freddie's great: the best musical infulence on my life ever, but shoving crap down peoples thoats, even if your kiddin... dang, get something better to do in life.

theGRAYSONATOR loves me.
error user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 181 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

deadbird wrote:

You guys are retarded. I might passionately LOVE graipfruit, but, it might be a tad silly of me to attck anyone who hates that food because they SHOULD like it and SHOULD share my opinion. I realsie this is different, but.... why am I wasting my time right now...
saying these things... it stupid, selfsentered, and perspectivless. Not to mention totally unusful and unimportant. You know what? I dont give a crap if any of you random people do not like Freddie Mercury. Like... fine. I do. Do each his own. I think Freddie's great: the best musical infulence on my life ever, but shoving crap down peoples thoats, even if your kiddin... dang, get something better to do in life.

You may be right, but you lost all the respect when you called them retarded.
Good opinions must be fundamented with good arguments.

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Onikage wrote:

deadbird wrote:

You may be right, but you lost all the respect when you called them retarded.
Good opinions must be fundamented with good arguments.

good point.

Bambi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 316 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 06, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

as Freddie would say I dont give a damn what they say or think and he didn't.

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 06, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

Disliking Freddie IS intolerable. I'll probably just send him hate mail filled with threats and verbal abuse.

...Please tell me you're joking?
If you're not, maybe it's time to take a step back from the computer, breathe deeply and remember that it's okay for people to have their own opinions. (Or it might be easier to forget the breathing part, meh, what do I know?)

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 06, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chris Martin from Coldplay, Paul Weller from Jam, Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten from Sex Pistols (though Steve Jones loved Queen)... A lot of others guys too.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 06, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember seeing the lead singer of The Divine Comedy on the music of the millennium show and he was asked to comment on Queen being in the list of best songs.

He said that he would not write them on a piece of paper, let alone vote for them.

Mikal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 06, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Robert Smith of The Cure.He surely don't like them.I read an interview with him taken in mid-eighties where he said about that mentioning U2 as well.

Mike
Bob-Plant user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 06, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's been a while, but I remember back in about '92 Ice Cube made a comment in Rolling Stone's year end issue when asked what he was sick of and he responded Queen's revival (between Freddie's death and "Wayne's World", Queen were actually getting American press coverage)-unbelievable..a f*cking rapper commenting on a real musical group...asswipe...

"The things you have to do for money..."