Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Roger playing keyboards?

forum rss feed
Author

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 08:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We all know of the various multi-instrumental skills of all the band. I am curious however as to whether anyone has ever seen a picture of Roger playing piano/keyboards?

WE;'ve seen Bri playing piano and live keyboard, Brian playing bass on his Another World webcasts, John on guitar (and briefly on drums in the One Vision video), and also Freddie on guitar.

Obviously with The Cross we've seen Roger on guitar, but I am just curious as to whether he has ever been seen at a piano or keyboard?

Cheers

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have pictures, but he for sure played them on solo records, like Fun In Space and Strange Frontier.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=blue>Rick wrote:

I don't have pictures, but he for sure played them on solo records, like Fun In Space and Strange Frontier.

You also can hear his "solo" keyboards on No More Fun and Tonight, on others tracks from EF someone else always played on it with him.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah Serry, crystal clear as always. ;-)

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3037 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi guys,

I am obviously aware that Roger has played plenty of keybaords on various Queen stuff and his solo records over the years, but am just intrigued as to whether there are any photos/video in existence of this?

p.s. I forgot to mention in my intial summary that we also have footage of John on piano!

Thanks

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Equally, we know Rog has played bass on a few recordings, but are there any pictures of that?

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.